Notices

Anyone know about Urinalysis drug testing?

Old 04-20-2003, 07:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone know about Urinalysis drug testing?

Unsure where exactly I should be posting this question.. Heck, if I could just be patient until the morning when I get to work I can call the drug lab and ask them myself! But, NO.. I need some instant gratification and vent a little while asking a question.

I drop UA's (urinalysis drug tests) on my clients at work and send them away to a lab. Well, I decided to drop a UA on my A at home a couple weeks ago and had him drop another one last week. Silly me.. I keep forgetting it in the fridge and I moved it to the freezer today. While doing this I noticed a seperation in the bottom of it. All the urine was on the top and some cloudy stuff on the bottom. It looks like when you make kool-aid and all the stuff doesn't mix properly and the sugar rests at the bottom until you mix it up again. Anyway.. just wondering if anyone knows if urine seperates in such a manner due to the amount of time it had been sitting in the fridge instead of the freezer. OR, does anyone seem to think this is a bit suspicious as I think? Geesh.. I hate being suspicious! But, with his track record of using pot and meth, what's a gal to think??? And to add to my thoughts... when I asked him to drop, he said he just "couldn't wait" long enough for me to give him the cup and decided to perform his duty at a later time when I wasn't in the bathroom with him.. hmmm... What's the old saying? If it quacks like a duck it usually is a duck??? I hate this wondering part. Anyway... I'll stop rambling now. Any insights to my question would be great! Thanks,
Lake
Old 04-25-2003, 05:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Gosh...I have no idea.My best guess is that it could seperate from sitting a while.But that would be little or no indication as to whether or not he's using.His behavior is probably a better indicator and likely you already know if the quacks are duck calls.

phoenix
Old 04-25-2003, 06:45 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Yes, there are solids that can seperate.

No, it's not proof that he's using or that he altered it.

However I have to ask...

If you think that he's dirty, and he acts like he's dirty, will it really matter what the results say?

There are many ways to beat drug tests, so what's the point? You can either accept that you have an A thats uses and live with it, or........

don't live with it.

I just can't imagine testing a grown man (or woman) to determine if they're telling the truth or not. That is simply way too much work.
Old 04-25-2003, 08:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WEll, drug tests proved positive for marijuana. That I already knew. What I was looking for was Meth. My A uses weed but gets tired so uses meth to wake up then weed again to cover up his use of meth. Good God... Don't you think he would get tired of trying to cover up all the time? I have yet to seperate the addiction from the person. I suppose being the co-dependent that I am.. I have to have the proof in hand to tell my brain what my gut knew all along. It's a vicious cylce of insanity that I play with myself. Thank you Jon and Phoenix for your hard truth. I appreciate it, truly. It's all about baby steps and one day at a time. And though I know I do fall back to old patterns, I am searching for new ones. And, if it quacks like a duck.. he must be a goose today!!
Lake
Old 04-25-2003, 10:43 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jon
But Very, Very Bruisable...

Originally posted by ILiveForTheLake
Don't you think he would get tired of trying to cover up all the time?
I do think that you might be tired by now...

Hang in there.
Old 04-25-2003, 10:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Sounds like the trust has really been broken in your relationship if you have to give him drug tests. I think that's the best indication that there is a horrible problem that needs to be solved in some way.

But I guess there is no reason if you decide to put up with him.
Old 04-26-2003, 10:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Good God... Don't you think he would get tired of trying to cover up all the time?

Aren't you tired of trying to find out what you already know?
Old 04-28-2003, 05:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ok, ok...

You guys are kicking me around, up and down, and sideways.

Thanks,
Lake