Notices

how?

Old 02-22-2007, 02:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

how?

with ym depression i am at times willing to let people walk all over me to keep friends. i have come to realize i hate to be alone. lately my friends from this area where i live have all decided not to contact me. it's hard because i used to hang out and want to party, but then i started to talk more to a guy who i met online and he shared what happened when he drank. so this made me think about it and since i have turned of legal age i have only had 2 drinks. i have a new job and my "friends" can't seem to realize that and school are the important things in my life. i am sick of being walked on, but i am sick of being hurt by my friends. i was a memeber of a forum and i got banned because the administrator was having a bad day and i was sticking up for myself. so now i don't have anywhere to really go to have fun. i'm just so alone and hurt and i am sick of it. i think my immune system has been affected because i can't shake this horrible cold and the headaches.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, lovelife;

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time now.
It's true, as we grow, and our interests change, sometimes, we loose our group of friends who remain "stuck" in their lifestyles.
You know that drinking and depression are not a good mix, so it's wonderful that you've changed that pattern. But, your friends are still stuck in party mode, it seems, if they are not calling you.

My thoughts here are that you are in a great position to continue to make positive changes in your life. Make new friends at your new job. Start doing things you've always wanted to do. There will be others there, and you'll have something in common right off the bat. Learn new things. Take care of yourself. All of these positive behaviors will help your depression.
And you can call your old friends and get together when you want. But, I have a feeling as you fill your life with positive people and things, you'll want to stay away from the old negatives. They weren't working for you anyway.

I wish you well.... Let us know how you're doing.

Shalom!
Old 02-22-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On The Bus

Lovelife

Welcome to SR mental health forums. The way I see it is you can either be true to yourself and do what is right for you, or you can do what I did when I was your age.

Become a people pleaser, victim, doormat, and give other so called friends the power to decide what is right for me.

Do yourself a huge favor and dont do what I did, I guarantee more health and happiness in your life.

Remember: To thine ownself be true. Mike
Old 02-22-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm the youngest employee at the preschool and so I am alone in that. I am alone cause no one wnats to spend time with me. I'm just so sick of it.