Does anyone else think the courts are crazy?

Old 02-06-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does anyone else think the courts are crazy?

So, I have been down to court 4 times in the past week. Isn't it nice for the abuser that they can continue with their lives while we sit in an unhappy, brick building for hours on end. And what's more, my ex has decided to start babbling about how hes gotten a lawyer, and how he is going to tell the courts I'm lying. Like that is something else I need on my mind. So now I have to worry about making sure the courts know I'm not some crazy ex. How do I get across that he does have a big problem, and he needs to be helped, not only for himself, but for his 8 year old son as well. He learned from his mom that if you don't want to deal with reality, take a pill. She even once yelled at me for being mad at him, saying that if he was having a hard time dealing, that it was OK for him to get like he was. I looked at her like she had 3 heads. The only time I used anything to get through this was the night that it happened. I had my best friend and Captain Morgan to get me through the night. And since then, I'm dealing with it like a big girl. Or trying to. I never realized just how much of myself I lost. I was talking to a friend last night, and she got so quite, and then said, "You sound genuinely happy for the first time in a long time." and I realized she was right. And I thank God I have such beautiful friends who only want me happy. It helps me feel better that I wasn't enough for my ex.
As for court, has anyone been through this? Do you recommend that I get a lawyer for the restraining order hearing? Any advice?
Old 02-07-2007, 09:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't have any experience (yet) with the courts......Just wanted to let you know I am thinking about you and you are never alone here.
Old 02-07-2007, 09:43 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

So far, the court has been very good to me.

Don't know what to advise re attorney for the restraining order. I've noticed when I'm sitting in court most people in there for that reason do not have attorneys, but I heard the judge ask if they were all aware of the "help" department for them. Does your court have that?

Good luck!