Interesting prayer experience

Old 04-14-2003, 01:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Interesting prayer experience

When I said my prayers this morning, I tried a different approach. Instead of listing my litany of intentions, I just said my prayers with the faith that God knows exactly what I need without me reminding Him of that. Hmmm, what do you know? I faxed out a resume this afternoon and got a call within an hour. I have an interview tomorrow and this sounds like a very promising lead. I think maybe it's time that I stop giving God a laundry list of intentions and just start praying with the faith that He knows what I need.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 04-14-2003, 04:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Gabe

Hurray for you. I hope that this job turns out to be exactly what you want.

I have found that the more I trust God to do it His way, the better the "way" gets. He already knows my "wish list" so now I just pray for strength and light for my path so I don't lose my way.

I really hope that your path takes a happy turn tomorrow!! I'll be crossing my fingers and toes.
Old 04-14-2003, 04:43 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

God love you Ann,

How can I go wrong with a good friend like you and her bunny-slippered Angel at my back?
Thanks pal.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 04-14-2003, 08:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Gabe......that's great!!!!! Best of luck to you!

I have to agree with throwing out the laundry list in prayer, I have just started asking that I be whacked over the head with the frying pan to show me the way....sometimes I am a little stubborn so I figure that's what I need. There I go again thinking I know what I need instead of Him.

Anns you have such a peaceful calmness about you......your replies always reflect your confidence in your spirituality! Thanks for being a "guiding light"

Constant
Old 04-14-2003, 08:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

LOL - Peaceful calmness...if only. But I do have complete confidence in my Higher Power and that keeps me from curling onto a fetal position and doing the pretzel dance...not a pretty picture.
Old 04-15-2003, 05:47 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

CONGRATS

Its been a difficult thing for me to quit telling God what I need and to just trust that He already knows... and that He will provide what I need in HIS time and not mine. UGH.

but I DO know this: when I am patient and still and trust in His will, His answers to my prayers and plans for me are incredible beyond measure, and are much better than anything I could have ever imagined!!

HUGS
Osier59
Old 04-15-2003, 06:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Gabe,

your post made me think of Vinnie's signature "Want to make God laugh? Tell Him what YOUR plans are"

I loved that line the minute I saw it!

May your day SHINE!!!!!!

live
Old 04-15-2003, 08:36 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

((((Gabe))))

That's really neat! If you look at the different prayers of people in the Bible, you see such simple prayers. Nothing elaborate. Just prayers to God expecting that He will meet their needs. I'm just beginning to learn that....

Hugs,
Lyn