Notices

The movie thread!!

Old 01-13-2007, 12:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile The movie thread!!

I thought I would start a new thread in which we all discuss our favorite movies, what movies we are about to watch or what movies are coming out that we really want to see, and discuss the movies we have seen. I watch lots of movies, of ALL types and LOVE them. Im sure there are lots of you out there who love movies, too, so lets get with it and play roger and eber, lol!!! The ones coming out I really want to see are Saw 3, Rocky Balboa, and charlottes web, and the one with robert deniro, leonardo dicaprio, and matt damon, I cant think of the name probably almost on DVD, I also still havnet seen Open Season, the computer animated one with ashton Kutcher and Martin Lawrence. Me and the boys are watching Over the Hedge tonight. Oh yea, there is a little known movie that I saw on the Sci-fi channel which is now actually on DVD called Rest Stop, GREAT for all you horror buffs(i am a horror buff) I really like all types of movies , anyway, lets get on some movies!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey, we might be watching over the hedge tonite, too!
i can't decide between that and the wild for the girls, and i'd like the other one for jon, but he really wants cars (sigh)
how was that movie? please say it was good as it is more than likely what i'll be watching
Old 01-13-2007, 01:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

cars was great!!!!! It was one of the best movies I have ever seen but I LOVE disney movies, so. I cant wait to see over the hedge, we will have to compare notes. Not sure what wild for the girls is, but I wanna see Jon Tucker must die, I think that will be good!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:26 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

movies..

hi....i recently watched Salton Sea, which is a movie which could scare any meth addict straight, in my opinion...and last night watched Fast and the furious, Tokyo slide, which i did enjoy...until i think it might have had a virus, cause it seems to have wrecked my DVD player
Old 01-13-2007, 01:29 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

that salton sea sounds really good. Who was in it? Is it a new release? I havent seen it but I think I may rent it next. I think Blow is awesome as far as drug movies go. Of course the fact that I could Johnny Depp on a plate and sop him up with a biscuit helped that......LOL....
Old 01-13-2007, 01:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

lol, it's THE WILD, another over the hedge type movie where the animals escape from the zoo, or something
Old 01-13-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

hi tenn..

Salton Sea starred Val kilmer (sp?) and its very good, but very twisted as well.....makes you feel like taking a shower after watching it.....Blow was good too....
Old 01-13-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

LOL sorry Miki, I totally read that wrong. I have seen the Wild and loved the Giraffe(maybe cuz im 6'1 ) and the zebra. LOST, i am definately checking out salton sea, sounds great, have you seen chumscrubber it has ewen mcgregor, it is a wicked heroin movie. LIke you said makes you wanna take a shower. I wanna see Ghost Rider when it comes out (off the subject) my son loves super heroes, and I love Nicholas Cage, I think its gonna be awesome!!!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 01:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

We've been on a Eugene Levy/Christopher Guest kick lately. The latest three we've watched (that I've seen before & could watch again) are "Best in Show," "Waiting for Guffman" and "A Mighty Wind." They're very funny writers, and Catheryn O'Hara is a hoot! Great, great actress.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 01-13-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I havent seen a one of those. which is the best out of them and I will rent it. I LOVE eugene levy, he is an amazing actor I really liked The Man with him and Samuel L. Jackson.
Old 01-13-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

If it's something that you're going to watch with your kids, "Best in Show" is probably the ticket. They're all done in mockumentary format -- like a documentary, but fictional & funny. And the above movie is about a dog show. Brilliant, brilliant writing.

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 01-13-2007, 01:54 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

that sounds like a good one. I will have to rent that. I really want to see saw 3, and rocky balboa, I have really always loved the rocky movies, i guess becuase its about overcoming adversity in every one. I think this one will be awesome. He has a lot of critics saying, no way, hes too old, but I have always had a mini crush on him, and he is fighting in this one so I cant wait to see it. anyone seen it yet?? Let me know if its worth the ticket...
Old 01-13-2007, 01:58 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

well, the kids want cars, so i'll get law and order tonite and put them in the bedroom
Old 01-13-2007, 02:22 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

You know I have never beein into law and order, I like the reality type shows, like Cops, disorderly conduct, and lock-up on MSNBC. I think Cars is amazing. Owen Wilson is another of my favorite actors. His voice alone can crack me up. Thats why I loved Cars so much. My favorite disney movie I guess is The Lion King, I still cry at that one. whats everyone elses favorite Disney movie? Or any movie, I just love to talk about movies
Old 01-13-2007, 06:49 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

OK, I just watched Firewall with Harrison Ford, that was a great movie I have always loved him, especially as Indiana Jones those bring back great memories of when I was younger......I think he is dead sexy!!! And also The Fugitive, I thought that was his best movie. What does anyone else think? Come one guys and pretty please keep my movie thread going, I have to have someone to talk to movies about, right now they and my kids are my anti drug, so help me out, thanks to all, and I love you
Old 01-13-2007, 07:08 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Goin'....Goin'....Gone!

I own close to 500+ DVD movies.... including DVD Box Sets like

-Ally McBeal (seasons 1-5...got from China not available in USA at all ....but they play in my DVD and in english only gotta shut off subtitles and that is it..)

-Friends (seasons 1-10...again from China...paid close to $200 less than USA)
CSI Miami (seasons 1-4 so far)

and many many many many movies....to many to count...older and newer and brand new releases too
Old 01-13-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

gawd, i only get to watch kids movies
tarzan, madagascar, shrek and lion king are the faves over here
my personal fave has always been the fox and the hound, i really want to see the sequel
nite all
Old 01-13-2007, 07:14 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Smile

YYYAAAAYYYY, and thanks so much to RG and Miki for keeping my thread going!!! I love you guys. RG, have you ever seen OZ, I have the box set of that, it is one of my fave shows ever. It came on HBO and it is very graphic, and engrossing. MIki, i have like every disney movie ever, and I love to watch all of them over and over, the fox and the hound is awesome, it just came out on dvd, but i cant afford it yet, lol, i will get it soon tho. I love the lion king and bambi, too. thanks again guys, I love ya!!!
Old 01-13-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

dont mention Oz..

we have two versions of Wizard of Oz.....the muppet version and the original, at my house....and its my childrens favourite movie...i dont know how many times i have watched it now...but when i started singing lyrics from the movie while cleaning my house, i knew it was a few too many times
Old 01-13-2007, 08:05 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I don't know if you all are aware of it, but over in Cafe Central there's a huge movie thread!