Notices

Another Good Day (day 4)

Old 12-31-2006, 09:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
New Father Struggling

Another Good Day (day 4)

Good afternoon forum members,

Well it is now day four and I already feel better. I slept like a rock last night, no shakes no shivers and no nausea. When I woke up this morning it is ironic that it was raining on the last day of the year, almost as if I was being cleansed and the years past were being washed away. I lied there in my bed listening to my wife breathe and my baby breathing. I don’t think I have awoken that clear minded in a long time. I feel much better today than I felt yesterday and ten times better than the day before. It seems like maybe I have experienced a moment of clarity perhaps. If this is not what that means then someone tell me but I haven’t felt like this in as long as I can remember. Last night before I went to bed I felt pretty anxious and nervous and have never felt so thirsty in my life, so I consumed a bottle of grape juice over the period of about two hours it was a rather large bottle. I ate dinner with my bride and felt better, I have noticed that I am smoking more than usual but hopefully this will pass. Well happy sober New Year to us all and by the way this is my first sober new year in 10 years. I hope all of you are feeling well today and all is well with your families.

Thanks for listening

Jason
Old 12-31-2006, 09:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congrats, that is all wonderful news to hear, so happy for you. Day 10 here and Im looking forward to this being one of the best years in a long time!

Happy New Year..

I believe in fate and destination, but so much of that lies in our own hands, If you know what you want, just go on out and get it, don't give up, If you want love, you've got to give a little, If you want faith, you just believe a little, If you want peace, turn your cheek a little, you see you've got to give to live! (Van Halen/Sammy Hagar)
Old 12-31-2006, 10:35 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Jason,

Wow! Congratulations! I'm thrilled for you. I felt the way you did yesterday and I think I'm probably only about 24 hours ahead of you. Waking up on day #5 is even better (just something to look forward to).

Keep going!
Mark
Old 12-31-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome to SR and congrats on the sober living. That's awesome. Sounds like you are doing really well and I am so glad to hear it.

Peace, Levi
Old 12-31-2006, 11:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Way to go Jason!

Happy Sober '07
Old 12-31-2006, 12:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy New Year, Jason!