Vent......sort of OT

Old 12-30-2006, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Vent......sort of OT

Today is my son's birthday. My dad and his girlfriend of 8 years was supposed to meet us for dinner....thought this would be easier than them coming over for the birthday party since they always seems so uncomfortable.

Anyway....I get a phone call around 1:00 from his girlfriend asking me if I had a neighbor named Rhonda. I told her no. She said, "yes you do, she gave you the camcorder." I told her that was my sister-in-law. She asked if Rhonda knew someone named Sandy. I told her yes, that she has an Aunt Sandy. Right away she accused me of trying to set my dad up with Aunt Sandy???????????? WTF!! Basically she told me I was lying when I told her that I don't know nothing about that. She said I gave Rhonda my dad's number and blah blah blah. (Like I'd really do that after he cheated on my mom....My dad has cheated on women his whole life!!! Wonder if she's knows that?) Totally coincidental that I know a Sandy and a Rhonda too........ya know??? I told her that I understand she's upset, but that this was between her and my dad and I don't know what she's talking about. She told me again I was lying........so I hung up the phone. Totally pissed off, of course...but why should I leave myself in a situation where I'm not being heard?

Now, the old me....I would have waited until I calmed down and try to smoothe things over with her, tell her I'm sorry for hanging up, etc., b/c she's part of my dad's life and I want do what I can to keep the peace so he'll be happy. Not this time. I'm done kissing peoples arses!

Well, I obvisously didn't expect her to come tonight to dinner, but I figured my dad would, at least! Guess I figured wrong. But don't worry, I didn't call to see where he was (like I would normally do). My only worry.....If I don't call my dad, I probably won't hear from him b/c that is how he his. I'll call him eventually, but I'm still upset that he couldn't at least call to let us know he wouldn't make it.

ANYWAY.......I bought my son a pair of Heely's then we went to a buffet and ate sooooo much food I could burst. Me and the kids had so much fun and my son had a good birthday!!! We got 6 movies on the way home.......6!! Good thing I have a week till I have to return them
Old 12-30-2006, 07:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Sounds like a cool night with the kids. You handled the situation really well.

Blessings, Kathy