Notices

Cold Turkey...any tips? Please

Old 12-22-2006, 09:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Only by the Grace of God....

Unhappy Cold Turkey...any tips? Please

I'm an addict. Whatever isn't good for me, I like. By the grace of God I've been sober for just over two years from booze and minor drugs.

I still have a problem with Nicotine. I've chewed and smoked for the last 20 years (mostly chewed). I've done the gum, the patches, the herbal crap, etc... I quit chewing about a month ago, was a 1/2 a can a day of Cope. Started smoking a couple of cigs a few times a day after that, along with the gum and now I'm at a pack a day...Sick, yuck.

On the 1st I'm quitting nicotine. Does anyone out there have any advice in terms of foods to eat/avoid, liquids to drink/avoid, anything else.

I want to quit. I WILL quit this time. I am afraid, for whatever reason. It's like losing a friend it feels like. HELP PLEASE...

Thanks..
Old 12-22-2006, 09:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Only by the Grace of God....

Sorry..Didn't see Margo's post on the fact sheet.
Please disregard.

merry christmas.
Old 12-26-2006, 07:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Gr8ful1. This is my first post on this board although I post regularly on others. I just wanted to tell you that I will be joining you in going smoke free on January 1.

In the meantime, in preparation I have stepped down from Light cigs to Ultra Light one, if I am in the company of non-smokers I make myself get away before lighting up and basically try to make it as inconvient for myself as possible.

I feel that I am preparing mysel mentally or my HP is because I am getting to the point where I am not finishing cigarettes sometimes. I smoke about half and then realize I don't like it, or I'm missing out on something fun while I step outside to kill my lungs. Also, I was diagnosed with asthma as a teenager but most of my adult life (prior to smoking which I took up 6 years ago) I didn't have many symptoms. Just last month I was put back on an inhaler and it is directly smoking related.

Anyway, I didn't mean to ramble like that but just to tell you that I will pulling for you on the 1st!

Hugs,
Kellye
Old 01-03-2007, 04:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I hear Acupuncture (yes...NEEDLES!)works well too. Look into it!

Zachary A.
Alcoholic/Addict/X-smoker
Old 01-06-2007, 09:38 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

Sean,
Are you still here?

Shalom!