Notices

My first meeting!!!

Old 04-02-2003, 03:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Lea

Smile My first meeting!!!

Well i can happily say, i'm one wk & 2 days clean. I know it's not a biggie but it's a start.
Then i went to a my first mtg today @ the clinic i go to.
It went good & even though i went in not wanting to talk about my past, i more or less wanted to just sit back & listen. Well, i ended up talking & it felt good. I came out of there w/more hope for my sobriety to stay off dope & i also met some new guys who said "Good-luck" to me, cuz they've been in the game much longer than me & it was just nice.
Going there first thing in the morning set the tone for my day & now that's it's dinner time, i can say, i'm still feeling it.
I dunno, how to explain,but being & hearing other addicts who can relate to me, was a good feeling. I mean, i've got the full support of my boyfriend who's coming clean as well & my entire family & extended family but to others who can relate there's just a common ground no others can match.
Good luck to everyone who's coming clean or wants to..........it's tough, but i'm trying. I'm just taking one day @ a time.

Old 04-03-2003, 09:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Not all better, getting better

I went to inpatient treatment and the best thing I got out of the whole 28 days was our daily group sessions. I never would have thought that talking about my problems with a group full of stragers would be so helpful!! Congrats on your clean time, you said it best, "do it one day at at time" I wish for you a peaceful and clean day.

Tyler
Old 04-03-2003, 11:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Smile Meetings

Hi Tyler, thank you for your post.
Yeah, who would've thought me sitting in a room full of strangers, talking about my addiction would be a therapeutic moment.
This morning i attended another mtg @ the clinic, but this time it was an open NA meeting. My mother came along with me & we just sat & listened. It was a fairly large meeting, so i was still a little shy & didn't want to participate in the discussion, but i came out of there w/a new friend & hope for my future dayz not using.

I felt really comfortable despite me not talking, b/c we all share a common thing. Drug addiction.

One story really touched home & got me teary eyed, but i could see others were as well & didn't feel embarrassed.
Thank you for your reply. Take care.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:28 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

There really is something magic about one addict talking to another

Sounds like you're off to a great start.

phoenix