Notices

I really need some advice please

Old 12-07-2006, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I really need some advice please

I have been addicted to Herion for two years, these last six months I have been slowly getting off my cutting down on usage. Today i find out I am pregnant with my first child, after the shock comes the panic, please I need help what do I do, where do I go? Nobody knows this secret about not even my husband.

Im so scared and confused, not only for me but for this beatiful gift god has given me,
please help me.

This is my second message . . . please someone talk to me.

Last edited by Crimsonmari; 12-07-2006 at 04:52 AM.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Hi Crimsonmari ! I think you should consult your doctor about your heroin use and the pregnancy asap. Your health is so important. I'm sure others will post here to you soon, this board is a great source of support and information. Are you going to tell your husband about the pregnancy? Please keep posting and let us know how you're doing.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with Gypsy. Sorry I have an addiction to alcohol, not heroin. Can't advise you.

I do know that in utero, heroin ca cause as much damage to fetuses as alcohol and you need to be checked as does the baby.

Your husband also has a right to know. The baby is 1/2 him. You need to consider how to talk to him about all of this.

Peace, Levi
Old 12-07-2006, 06:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Dear Crimsonmari,

We welcome you here to SR for support and caring, but we cannot provide the mediacl support that you need to find as well. The first thing you need to do is call and make a doctor's appointment.

Be honest about your heroin use. This is the time for you to address that as well.

We will all be here for you all day and night, every day. There is only love and kindness for you. Please check back often!
Old 12-07-2006, 06:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, I will agree completely with the advice to see your dr. That is what will help you the most at this point and you can get medical advice about your baby and what you should do.

I hope you keep posting.
Old 12-07-2006, 07:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi Crimsonmari-

I agree with the others completely about seeing a doctor first thing. I was addicted to vicodin when I found out I was pregnant with my second child. My DH didn't know I was using at the time. Although I was mortified and embarrassed I told my OB first thing, and she worked to detox me...but it MUST be medically supervised...please don't try to detox by yourself...it's very dangerous for you and your baby.

My baby was born completely healthy, and is now a happy healthy 4 yr old, but I don't know what would've happened if I hadn't gotten medical treatment immediately and been honest about my addiction.

Please keep posting here at SR, you will find support and hope among the others here!!

Codi
Old 12-16-2006, 08:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Post Wanted to thank everyone for thier advice . . .

Hello and thank u all for your support, I am currently in NM with my family, having come clean about addiction. I am happy to say I am 48 hrs into my soberity, feeling very very awful but maintaining. I decided to act on my own, but with the help of Jesus, with prayer from myself and my family I feel I'm going to make it.

Through prayer I believe the pain has been manageable and while detoxing at my families home I had previously contacted the local ER which as been a great help to me as far as overseeing the baby.

I write this response tonight because for the first time since I began my mission I'm able to be up and about.

What I'm experiencing now is probably the next stage which is insomina, I cannot sleep and I feel as though my legs and arms are so tight all I do is stretch, but the pain is gone, the pain is gone.

Cravings are begining to set in, but where i am at I have no access, sadly i feel like a bad mom because my baby should be my reason for not wanting it anymore, whats wrong with me?

Please continue sending messages, like prayers, they give me strength, you can't image how much.

Thank you for your support, you are all strangers but love truly comes from the most unexpected places and prayers are heard.
Old 12-16-2006, 09:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

whats up fellow heroin addict! the replys have been dead on. please consult a doctor ASAP. we are experts in addiction and alcoholism, but not when it comes to medical issues. congrats on the first 48 hours. those were absolutely brutal for me. not sure if you've kicked it before, but after 3-5 days for me things got alot easier. you are in the eye of the storm, my friend. i hope you hang around here...we can never have enough people. if you need anything just ask...or PM any of us.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Think Happy Thoughts

Its awesome to see that you are taking steps towards your sobriety. Please don't feel like a bad mother. Those negative thoughts could lead you to a bad place.

I have to disagree. Your baby should not be your "reason" to not want to do drugs. I have learned the hard way that if you do quit for others then there is a chance of resentments, and leaves room for reservations. Two things that I would try to stay clear of.

I dont think there is anything wrong with you. You are recovering from a deadly disease. What I see in you is a strong, corageous, woman. Continue to fight this addiction. I suggest going to meetings. NA. Try doing 90 meetings in 90 days. Get a sponser, and start working steps. These meetings will also help you and set you on a good path.

Good luck hun. Take care. Rest assured that my prayers are with you.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Dom
Inspired

You are not a bad person and I know there is nothing wrong with you. You are doing the right thing! Keep it up! I am right where you are. Please talk to your Dr. about subutex. It blocks the receptors, and helps with cravings. I am praying for you!

Tink is right, you have a proven disease, fight the addiction.