Notices

Pink Cloud : explanation please ?

Old 12-05-2006, 06:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Pink Cloud : explanation please ?

What exactly is a pink cloud? I googled, but I'm still a little confused.

TIA
Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

See if this helps...

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ink-cloud.html

Or perhaps is more confusing??

It is not a term I use.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:08 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Hope3

Hi gypsy tears, I *****ed and I think this is it. If you go to this site.

http://www.crystalinks.com/pinkcloudnebula.html
Old 12-05-2006, 07:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Midas

LoL. Well, the "pink cloud" is a term of endearment for how a person feels after quitting, and the resulting euphoria caused by sobriety. ROFL Hope3!!

Old 12-05-2006, 07:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Thanks for the link Carol.

Pink cloud = false sense of contentment and happiness? I guess I need to go back and read it again.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by hope3 View Post
Hi gypsy tears, I *****ed and I think this is it. If you go to this site.

http://www.crystalinks.com/pinkcloudnebula.html
I really need to read that one through when I'm not so tired !
Old 12-05-2006, 07:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Midas View Post
LoL. Well, the "pink cloud" is a term of endearment for how a person feels after quitting, and the resulting euphoria caused by sobriety. ROFL Carol!!!
Then it's a good thing eh?
Old 12-05-2006, 07:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Midas

It's not necessarily false contentment. I prefer the term euphoria. Every pink cloud has a technicolor lining. It's a good thing. It can also signify a second childhood to some members. A rebirth.

Old 12-05-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

well im not sure if im still on it or not. for like 8 months i felt incredible in sobriety...very content with little worry. about 2 months ago i moved into my own place and have been on an emotional rollercoaster since. sometimes im feeling incredible, better than ever before. other times i feel pretty low. so im not sure if im still on it, or if the emotional rollercoaster signifies its ending. either way im not going to examine it too much. just glad im where im currently at in life.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:56 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

the pink cloud for me was when I was wearing those darn rose coloured glasses in early sobriety and believed that everything in my world was going to be a soft monet painting filled with happy events, succes stories, hugs and pastel light simply because I got sober.

Then, I took off the rose colored glasses, and monet it was not.

however, it is still way lighter, prettier and more hugful than the dark dreary days of depression and drinking. the pink clouds come and go. along with all other kinds of weather.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:35 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Oh, man, I love my pink cloud. For me, that's when I'm happy for no reason other than I'm alive and breathing and my ass is still attached to my body! My sponsor thinks many people misunderstand it, that it's not "false" as the somber types like to tell us it is, but that it's never letting go of the sense of gratitude that we often have in early sobriety but that we let slip away as we begin to expect more and more. It's putting one foot in front of the other and appreciating where that foot comes down, in that step, in that moment, rather than saying "I should be further along the path by now."

If we're making progress in our program every day, we're making progress in our lives. To paraphrase one of those slogans we hear in the rooms, if I'm growing, my gratitude is not going! For my bridal shower a year and a half ago, my sponsor gave me a bag full of sweet cherry blossom scented gifts from Bath & Body Works -- all pink -- to remind me to keep that pink cloud fueled up and ready to go for a ride.

Just my two scents -- er, cents

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 12-05-2006, 08:50 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

sugah,

that was sweet!!
Old 12-05-2006, 09:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

The "Pink Cloud" people talk of is the alcoholics early taste of serenity. Living a life of chaos and fear, this is a new and, yes, euphoric feeling.

Some call it false, because people that are early into the program mistake it for The Spiritual Awakening.

also, as misscommunicate pointed out, there are times when it dissipates and we get a good hard look at the wreckage we created hurdling towards us, and the tons of work yet to be done.

BTW, mine is back for the moment (Thank God). I'm lovin' this serenity stuff
Old 12-06-2006, 03:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Hope3

Midas, ROLF

In response to you Midas "LoL. Well, the "pink cloud" is a term of endearment for how a person feels after quitting, and the resulting euphoria caused by sobriety. ROFL Hope3!!"

This is what I found when I *****ed, to make me think it might be what a pink cloud is,

Opening A Door
The heavens are a blueprint of our journey. Encoded with the cosmos we seek answers about out past..present..and future... It is the home of our gods no matter whom we believe them to be.
There is something about 2005 that is calling to the souls as a time of great change for everyone. Physically, things will begin to appear different - time - reality - colors - shapes - sound - light - all frequencies - all changing. We, too, are frequencies of light - soul sparks, if you will - having a physical eXperience - and altering our vibratory rate.
On June 8, 2004 Venus will transit the face of the Sun for the first time in 122 years - appearing as a black spot - or eclipse in a manner of speaking - opening an eight year Venus window concluding when Venus repeats this transit in June 6, 2012. It is also interesting to note the magnitude of this next eight years in the context of the significance the Mayan calendric system placed on the Venus Cycle.

Anyway, thank-you for setting it straight, have a great day! P.S what does ROLF mean?
Old 12-06-2006, 05:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by Midas View Post
It's not necessarily false contentment. I prefer the term euphoria. Every pink cloud has a technicolor lining. It's a good thing. It can also signify a second childhood to some members. A rebirth.
Thanks. Technicolor lining... I like that .

Originally Posted by chicago View Post
well im not sure if im still on it or not. for like 8 months i felt incredible in sobriety...very content with little worry. about 2 months ago i moved into my own place and have been on an emotional rollercoaster since. sometimes im feeling incredible, better than ever before. other times i feel pretty low. so im not sure if im still on it, or if the emotional rollercoaster signifies its ending. either way im not going to examine it too much. just glad im where im currently at in life.
I appreciate your answer chigago .

Originally Posted by hope3 View Post
Anyway, thank-you for setting it straight, have a great day! P.S what does ROLF mean?
Um... ROFL is the acronyn for ROLLING ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING. ROLF could well have a completely different meaning .
Old 12-06-2006, 05:19 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
not a greeter

Originally Posted by miss communicat View Post
however, it is still way lighter, prettier and more hugful than the dark dreary days of depression and drinking. the pink clouds come and go. along with all other kinds of weather.
Hugful... that's a nice description!

Originally Posted by Sugah View Post
Oh, man, I love my pink cloud. For me, that's when I'm happy for no reason other than I'm alive and breathing and my ass is still attached to my body! My sponsor thinks many people misunderstand it, that it's not "false" as the somber types like to tell us it is, but that it's never letting go of the sense of gratitude that we often have in early sobriety but that we let slip away as we begin to expect more and more. It's putting one foot in front of the other and appreciating where that foot comes down, in that step, in that moment, rather than saying "I should be further along the path by now."

If we're making progress in our program every day, we're making progress in our lives. To paraphrase one of those slogans we hear in the rooms, if I'm growing, my gratitude is not going! For my bridal shower a year and a half ago, my sponsor gave me a bag full of sweet cherry blossom scented gifts from Bath & Body Works -- all pink -- to remind me to keep that pink cloud fueled up and ready to go for a ride.

Just my two scents -- er, cents

Peace & Love,
Sugah
I wanted to fully quote yours. Too much good stuff in there.

Originally Posted by GlassPrisoner View Post
The "Pink Cloud" people talk of is the alcoholics early taste of serenity. Living a life of chaos and fear, this is a new and, yes, euphoric feeling.

Some call it false, because people that are early into the program mistake it for The Spiritual Awakening.

BTW, mine is back for the moment (Thank God). I'm lovin' this serenity stuff
I'm glad yours is back Glass Prisoner. Thanks for your reply.

All these responses are helping my understanding. More personal accounts would be welcome too .