Notices

Well I did it Im going to a AA meeting..

Old 11-27-2006, 05:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Well I did it Im going to a AA meeting..

this thursday after saying I wasnt going to go. Its not in my town as being a small town here I am apprehensive about going to a local AA meeting but is saying that after Thursday I might consider going to my local meeting. A really nice lady rang me and we spoke for over a hour!!! and Im going to her place so I wont be going in alone. Im excited, relieved and very scared all rolled into one.
Ang
Old 11-27-2006, 05:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Wonderful, Ang!! I'm very happy for you!

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-27-2006, 05:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

thankyou sugah for your lovely reply Im scared about tomorrow as that is my day for hitting the bottle ( I drink every second day alot!!) and so Jill says I can ring her ANY time of the day and I have this forum too but Im still very very scared about tomorrow .
Old 11-27-2006, 05:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Wow!!

You will be just fine...I'm so proud for you!

Blessings..

See if this helps..

http://www.bma-wellness.com/papers/F...A_Meeting.html
Old 11-27-2006, 05:45 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Om, Aum, Ohm...

Originally Posted by angie9
thankyou sugah for your lovely reply Im scared about tomorrow as that is my day for hitting the bottle ( I drink every second day alot!!) and so Jill says I can ring her ANY time of the day and I have this forum too but Im still very very scared about tomorrow .
Please believe her! when she says anytime. We understand how those urges can hit, remember how alone we felt when they did, and we want to be there to help if we can! I remember in the early days calling women at 4am. They told me anytime, and they meant it. I was amazed. I barely knew them, but they got up out of bed and talked me through it until I felt better. I'm so glad you found someone so quickly.

You're on your way, Ang. Buckle up. It's one heck of a ride!! (in a good way!!)

Peace & Love,
Sugah
Old 11-27-2006, 05:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you sound exactly like me about four months ago. reaching out to others for help is a wise decision and weirdly enough--puts you more in charge than you were before.

best of luck and keep us posted!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Good luck, Ang! I'll be thinking of you as you take this big step. Hang in there with the kids, too. Having a little one after a break can be exhausting. Mine four now are 17, 15, 15, and 11. I'm still running 24/7, but in a different way. I wish I'd taken this step (day 1, second try this week!) when my children were younger like yours. What a gift you're giving them, girl!
Old 11-27-2006, 05:56 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

today is the "easy" day as because Im still suffering from a hangover its easy to not even consider having a drink tomorrow when I get the voices inside my head saying go on have a drink :0(. She says its sounds like I drink out of sheer habit come 3pm when the kids are home is drinkies time. So Im going go for a walk tomorrow and have my cell ph with me so I can txt Jill as well. Its just scary as the many times I have said "Im not drinking today" then give in , so little steps.
Old 11-27-2006, 08:41 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

You can do it! When you get antsy and feel like you want to crawl out of your skin, breathe and post. Someone will be here for you.