An idea for US!

Old 11-21-2006, 04:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

An idea for US!

There are some here who it will be our first Christmas without our A's. It'll be different, difficult and sometimes sad. BUT, we are here for our reasons. But, Embrace was talking about starting new traditions this year, good idea. I did that after my first divorce for my kids & I, to attempt to make it OUR new tradition. BUT, it just gave me the idea....I am going to go get a new ornament for the tree signifying this place I am in, and to honor this site and the friends here. Could we come up with any ideas? Like a soldier, cuz we are all marching forward(TRYING) or a drum...cuz we all feel like beating one somedays? or?????? Wouldn't that be kinda neat? We could all get a $2 ornament and think of each other & this site that has helped us....???
Old 11-21-2006, 05:04 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i love it mazey!!!!!!

count me in.....

this is first chrismtas in 10 years that i'm putting up a tree....can ya believe that????

too much chaos, confusion, and crappy-dappy do-da when i was living in full-blown disease-ville.

so excited about putting up a tree....and would be most privileged to hang an ornament honoring each other and this site that has helped us so much!!!!

wonderful idea......now, we just sort out what we're gonna get.

i'm gonna wait for the ideas to roll in....

blessings
jeri
Old 11-21-2006, 05:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Location: See that chick in the store, the one that looks tired with remnants of peanut butter and baby formula on her shirt--yep, that's me!
What a thoughtful post--and a great idea!
Old 11-21-2006, 06:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

fantastic idea. I will get an ornament and write down the names of the great people here, the date and a good wish for us ALL to have a peaceful holiday...one day at a time
Old 11-21-2006, 06:37 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

I have an idea.... write the screen names and the year on tiny scraps of giftwrap or plain paper, fold them so the names are hidden (anonymity!) and put them inside a clear glass ornament... New names could be added to it next year.
Old 11-21-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My first Xmas was awful. But I followed my sponsors advice and got me a tiny little tree. It was something I did for _me_ in my little apartment. It realy helped me thru that first Xmas as it reminded me of _why_ I was walking thru all the pain.

I'm thinking of a butterfly ornament, cuz it the symbod of al-anon. I arrived as a caterpillar, and thru recovery I have become a butterfly, free of the shell of my codie-itis. My Xmas this year is going to be happy, joyous and free, thanx to all you wonderful alanoids that have helped find my way thru the darkness.

Mike
Old 11-21-2006, 07:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Oh, this could be impossible to try and choose one thing for all of us? So many good ideas, keep 'em coming. Or, if we each just pick our own and that is our remembrance?
Old 11-21-2006, 08:10 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think that's a neat idea, Mazey.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Alcohol is a cruel mistress!!!

What a great idea Mazey!!! Count me in.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:36 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Good idea, huh? But, need more ideas....I looked today at the 'Dollar Store' and there are a lot of them! But, I didn't see a butterfly...May be hard for a butterfly?
Old 11-22-2006, 04:27 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mazey
...I didn't see a butterfly...May be hard for a butterfly?
I haven't looked yet, but if I can't find one then I'll just make one out of colored celophane paper and aluminum foil

Mike
Old 11-22-2006, 05:10 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I'm going to find a silver dove because my Christmas will be peaceful again.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:24 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Desert Eyes, aren't you crafty? I'd end up with such a mess! Think I'll get, ummmm, don't know yet! A dove does sound nice too....
Old 11-23-2006, 07:10 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I really didn't feel like doing the decorating thing this year. Still w/ A, still sad, but this thread has given me inspiration! I will at least be putting an ornament on as a reminder of you all so I can think of everyone else just like me who is living like this. Christmas can still be fun! I almost lost it people! Thanks!
Old 11-23-2006, 07:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

here's my ornament description......

hand blown round ornament made from a piece of stained glass.....irridescent blackish.....sounds real dark, but it's beautiful.....painted on the ornament are the letters sr in sort of an english calligrophy scroll......under the sr are the words "kindred spirits"......and under that is the year 2006.

all the wiriting is etched first, then handpainted with gold paint.

my friend works with glass and she makes candle holders out of stained glass from old buildings that she scrounges around and finds.

so beautiful! she dropped it off today for me, cause she said she remembered me saying i was putting up a tree tomorrow.

she says....bout damned time!! it's been 10 years folks since i've had a tree.

blessings to you all
jeri