Notices

Living The Program

Old 11-20-2006, 04:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Living The Program

About a week ago I started to do more of the suggestions that are given to us through the NA Program. Does anyone else here do this each night? I that it looks like a bunch to answer but in reality in only takes me around 10-15 minutes each night and I have found that it has helped me tremendously with my attitude and looking at myself on a regular basis.

This is NA Fellowship-approved literature. Copyright © 1983 byNarcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc. All rights reserved. What Worked for Us: NA Daily JournalThe purpose of this daily inventory is to keep track of who we are and what we are doing today. Try to answer every question, every day. Keep your answers as simple and as honestas you can. If you miss a day, do not make it up later. Limit your answers and concerns to the past twenty-four hours and complete the questions at the end of the day. If you wish to share some of this journal, we suggest that you do so verbally. Remember that a daily inventory is not a test; there are no right or wrong answers. Do not get upset if you could have done better or if you fail to live up to yourexpectations of yourself. Remember, this is a program of growth and recovery and ifyou are clean today, you are doing something right. Just for today, my thoughts will be on my recovery, living and enjoying life without the use of drugs.Am I clean today? How have I acted differently? Did my disease run my life today? If so, how? What did I do today that I wish I had not done? What have I left undone that I wish I had done? Page 2
Was I good to myself today? How? Was today a good day? Was I happy? Was I serene? Just for today I will have faith in someone in NA who believes in me and wants to help me in my recovery.Did I talk to my sponsor today? Did I attend a meeting today? Where? Did I share my experiences, strengths, and hopes? Who are the people in my life that I trust today? Who has trust in me today? Just for today I will have a program; I will try to follow it to the best of my ability.Did I read from our literature today? Page 3
What steps did I consciously work? Did I admit my powerlessness today? Was I able to put my trust in my Higher Power today? What did I learn about myself today? Did I make any amends today? Do I owe any? Did I admit fault to anyone today? Did I worry about yesterday or tomorrow? Can I accept myself as I am today? Just for today, through NA, I will try to get a better perspective on my life.Did I feel like I was a part of humanity today? Did I allow myself to become obsessed by anything today? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 4
What has God given me to be grateful for today? Have I done anything to cause harm to myself or to another today? If so, what? Am I willing to change today? Did I pray or meditate today?How did this affect my life? What spiritual principles have I been able to practice in my life today? Was the most important thing in my life today staying clean?Just for today I will be unafraid, my thoughts will be on my new associations, people who are not using and have found a new way of life. So long as I follow that way, I have nothing to fear.Have I given of myself today without expecting anything in return?Was there fear in my life today? --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Page 5
Did I feel intense joy or pain? Did I call or visit someone in the program today? Did I pray for the well-being of another today? Was I happy today? Have I been peaceful today? Did I consciously remember that I have a choice today?Dear God, show me what I have done right and wrong today. Show me how I can better live and serve your will tomorrow. NOTES

Last edited by Luckyv2; 11-20-2006 at 04:57 AM.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
REZ

I write in a journal each night but don't answer all of these questions. You're right, they are very useful.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Keeper of the Stars

Smile

Excellent post, Vic.........

Can't say that I make it through all those questions every night, but I do make it a point to take a daily inventory, albeit mentally.

Keeping 'my side of the street clean' is the best medicine for staying straight!
Old 11-22-2006, 10:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

I broke it down on this just incase someone wanted to use it for a Daily Journal plus it is easier to read now

This is NA Fellowship-approved literature. Copyright © 1983 byNarcotics Anonymous World Services, Inc. All rights reserved. What Worked for Us: NA Daily JournalThe purpose of this daily inventory is to keep track of who we are and what we are doing today. Try to answer every question, every day. Keep your answers as simple and as honestas you can. If you miss a day, do not make it up later. Limit your answers and concerns to the past twenty-four hours and complete the questions at the end of the day. If you wish to share some of this journal, we suggest that you do so verbally. Remember that a daily inventory is not a test; there are no right or wrong answers. Do not get upset if you could have done better or if you fail to live up to yourexpectations of yourself. Remember, this is a program of growth and recovery and ifyou are clean today, you are doing something right.

Just for today, my thoughts will be on my recovery, living and enjoying life without the use of drugs.

1. Am I clean today?

2. How have I acted differently?

3. Did my disease run my life today? If so, how?

4. What did I do today that I wish I had not done?

5. What have I left undone that I wish I had done?

6. Was I good to myself today? How?

7. Was today a good day?

8. Was I happy?

9. Was I serene?

Just for today I will have faith in someone in NA who believes in me and wants to help me in my recovery.

1. Did I talk to my sponsor today?

2. Did I attend a meeting today? Where?

3. Did I share my experiences, strengths, and hopes?

4. Who are the people in my life that I trust today?

5. Who has trust in me today?

Just for today I will have a program; I will try to follow it to the best of my ability.

1. Did I read from our literature today?

2. What steps did I consciously work?

3. Did I admit my powerlessness today?

4. Was I able to put my trust in my Higher Power today?

5. What did I learn about myself today?

6. Did I make any amends today?

7. Do I owe any?

8. Did I admit fault to anyone today?

9. Did I worry about yesterday or tomorrow?

10. Can I accept myself as I am today?

Just for today, through NA, I will try to get a better perspective on my life.

1. Did I feel like I was a part of humanity today?

2. Did I allow myself to become obsessed by anything today?

3. What has God given me to be grateful for today?

4. Have I done anything to cause harm to myself or to another today? If so, what?

5. Am I willing to change today?

6. Did I pray or meditate today?

7. How did this affect my life?

8. What spiritual principles have I been able to practice in my life today?

9. Was the most important thing in my life today staying clean?

Just for today I will be unafraid, my thoughts will be on my new associations, people who are not using and have found a new way of life. So long as I follow that way, I have nothing to fear.

1. Have I given of myself today without expecting anything in return?Was there fear in my life today?

2. Did I feel intense joy or pain?

3. Did I call or visit someone in the program today?

4. Did I pray for the well-being of another today?

5. Was I happy today?

6. Have I been peaceful today?

7. Did I consciously remember that I have a choice today?

Dear God, show me what I have done right and wrong today. Show me how I can better live and serve your will tomorrow.

NOTES