Notices

time to quit

Old 11-16-2006, 08:33 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

time to quit

So for the 2nd time in 3 months I have a really bad cold, bronchitis I think. Last time, I coughed for 6 hours stright nothing helped and I ended up in the ER..............I swore I'd quit and then the chest x-ray which as I waited for the results I secretely thought great I bet I have Cancer, if I don't I'll quit...........no cancer so guess what, when the coughing stopped I smoked...........sad
Now 3 months later still smoking. can you believe it? Well now I am again ill, can't breath and THIS time I must do it.I must QUIT

I come to SR as a family member of an ADDICT just to discover I'm more than that ............I'm a hipocrit (spelling not my strong area)

I want his to leave drugs behind...........but I even knowing the cigs are killing me, and I can't breath still smoke doesn't that make me and addict too?

So its been 24 hours wish me luck and any support would be great....
Old 11-16-2006, 11:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I want to quit, but I'm on Suboxone because I was addicted to OxyContin. I am tapering off that and to quit two STRONG substances like nicotine and an opiate would send me straight to the institution.
Old 11-17-2006, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yea... Im right there with you and YES we are addict.... to nicotine.

Im still in the beginning stages of quiting too and it really is hard to do. I a sick smoker too... did not matter, I had room for the nicotine.

Hang in there, even though it hard dont give up. Have you tried the patch? It seems to be helping me alot.