Notices

Giant Meatball

Old 11-15-2006, 12:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Giant Meatball

Im turning into a Giant Meatball since I quit taking pills. I think the Zoloft I am taking is making me very hungry. I ate 2 sandwiches and a bowl of pasta for lunch yesterday. No matter how much I eat I still feel like Im very hungry. I gained 20 lbs in the last 3 months or so. Im going to talk with an intake coordinator at the shrink place today. Any suggestions from anyone here on what Anti/Deppresant meds helped them without all the weight gain? The Zoloft also makes me feel like not doing anything. My panic attacks are gone tho. Thanks,

Alan
Old 11-15-2006, 12:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I have heard people say they lost on wellbutrin? but I think everyones body reacts differently to different meds. Im glad you are here!!!! I answered the post of mine that you answered and had a million ?'s for you , you seem really nice and i need someone nice to talk to so when you get a minute check back on that one for me.....
Old 11-15-2006, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I heard good things about Wellbutrin also. No idea what it is. Ive become a stickler as to what kind of medicine I put in my body. I'll ask my new shrink tonight.
Im on and off here all the time. I will be sure to check in on you during the day. Feel free to ask me anything on the message board or P/M. You dont have to do it alone! Thats what were here for,

Thanks for Sharing!

Alan
Old 11-15-2006, 01:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

better fat than dead from pills
Old 11-15-2006, 01:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

and that is absolutely true!!! you crack me up windy.....i bet you are blast to hang out with....i am starting the cold turkey, now by the way. the celexa starts tonight too, what do you think about it???
Old 11-15-2006, 01:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

When I became sober I gained 30 pounds. I was thin when I was yaking Hydro.
I really think that when the dope is out of your system you get hungry..I did. I was able to tone it down by pounding the treadmill.

Great job on your sobriety!

Golf
Old 11-15-2006, 02:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Us folks from Louisiana are a GREAT group of people to hang with....WE have sooooooo much fun... : ) We're one of a kind... : )

Finding BALANCE in all we do in recovery is something good to practice. I have to do this myself constantly.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

I don't know much about anti-depressants at all. I know they can be dangerous if you cold turkey them. TennLady.....I'm pretty boring.
Old 11-15-2006, 03:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hmmmm...ARE U SURE ABOUT THAT WINDY??? ....LOL I just can't imagine that... : ) We're a cool lot..!
Old 11-16-2006, 03:23 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I would recommend talking to your dr first before going off any anti depressants. Actually consulting a dr before quiting any medication is the best way to go...

Hypocrite...I know, cuz I quit Effexor cold turkey. :P (don't try that one at home, kids)

Marte
Old 11-16-2006, 03:39 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I used to take Celexa. It gave me no problems. Then at some point, we switched to Lexapro which is, if I remember correctly a derivative of Celexa; still no problems.

I've taken Zoloft. No weight gain. Prozac; lost weight.
Old 11-16-2006, 03:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I ran out of Zoloft a couple days ago. Called my last doctor twice and she wont return my call. Im starting to get a little squirly. Getting really cranky,
depressed, cant sleep and to top it all off, I thought I heard a family of Racoons under the porch last nite. Darn critters kept me up all night. Too bad when I finally went to look there were no racoons there! Its gonna be a long day I think. Cant get a new RX till early next week. Im locking myself in the house for the weekend..
Old 11-16-2006, 04:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Al,

I've trapped 3 coons and 6 possums around my house this year. Possums are gross. One of their defense mechanisms is drooling. ugh
Old 11-16-2006, 07:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

that is one of my defense mechanisms too....wierd.....
Old 11-16-2006, 10:37 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

ROFL....Thats probably what it was then cause the porch floor was all slippery this morning. LOL, we have a big groundhog that rips open all the garbage cans around here looking for handouts. We put a big pumpkin outside
yesterday and the entire thing was gone in the morning. Not even crumbs left. It was probably the deer or a fire breathing dragon from oz.
Old 11-17-2006, 09:36 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

those dragons have been raiding my fridge for years...all they took was your pumpkin.????