Notices

Newcomer

Old 11-12-2006, 07:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
looking for the way.....

Newcomer

I happened upon this site when I came online searching for answers to my questions regarding my H's addiction to cocaine. As I read the posts, I noticed one thing they all had in common....support for each other no matter what happens, whether it be a relapse, going back to your addicted spouse,etc., it was all the same...no judgements whatsoever. I think most of us need that. To not feel guilty about the choices that we make in our lives...I mean we give ourselves enough of a guilt trip without hearing it from someone else.
But I look forward to participating in posting on the board and getting to know all of you. thanks for your time.

Butrflykisses
Old 11-12-2006, 07:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Raised from the Dead

the only people who will love me unconditionally are AA'ers. we all have the same character defects. when i used i was a liar, thief, and degenerate heroin-addicted alcoholic. not too many "normal" people are going to accept me. this is my home.
Old 11-12-2006, 07:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Midas

Welcome Aboard, butrflykisses! We're glad you're here. You might want to check the Friends & Family sections for closer support.

Old 11-12-2006, 08:04 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome aboard Butterfly kisses.

I think most of us here know that we are doing the best we can in our lives. The main thing is to try to move forward on the road to recovery.

Keep posting.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome BK to the largest and most accepting group of people I've ever encountered.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:43 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome BK and please keep coming back to share with us. We care.

I had a lot of regret and remorse over my past during my early years in AA. However, my sponsor told me that it took every second of every moment in my past to be where I am, right here and now.... and my here and now is filled with many blessings and daily gratitude.

So glad you're here with us.

Hugs,
Luv2All

Hugs,
Luv2All