Notices

i need help, i think my husband in on crack

Old 03-23-2003, 04:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

i need help, i think my husband in on crack

I need help here. I think my husband is on crack. His eyes rolled up, his upper body stiffened and his voice was NOT his at all. I have never seen anything like this. His eyes looked absolutely dead. This is scary. Is anyone familiar with crack. Is this a sign of it?
Old 03-23-2003, 04:48 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That could be a sign of too many things to answer with any certainty...especially without more information,such as whether or not he has a history of drug use.It does sound like cause for concern.Can you discuss it with him?

In any case,there is a lot of good support on the Nar Anon,and Al Anon boards.Whatever is going on with your husband,you still need to take care of yourself first.

phoenix
Old 03-23-2003, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

thanks for replying. No, can not discuss it with him. He is an alcoholic and i was warned that he is smoking something strong. When i say him like that i wondered if it was crack.
Old 03-23-2003, 04:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hello volatile.

I am by no means an expert on the outer manifestations of drug use, but my friend was a crack user and I never saw him react in the way you are describing. If I had, I believe I would have taken him to a hospital, since the closest thing I have ever seen to your description was someone having a seizure. If this is happening now, call a hospital and get their advice. If this was some time ago and he seems normal now, I'm sure someone who knows more about these kind of symptoms will be along soon.

Smoke
Old 03-23-2003, 05:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It sounds like a very valid concern.The best thing to do now is to arm yourself with as much information as you can,and take advantage of the support that is here for you.Talking to people who have been in your shoes can help a lot.Also,if possible,find an Al Anon or Nar Anon meeting in your area.Taking care of yourself has to be your top priority.The Anons are awesome people!

phoenix
Old 03-23-2003, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

And I'd second what Smoke says.Those signs could be a medical issue...and if they are drug induced,could be just as dangerous.

Don't hesitate to call for help if it happens again,or is happening now.It is not normal under any circumstances.

phoenix
Old 03-23-2003, 06:46 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Thanks, everyone!
My husband and i are seperated and i saw him in that condition. He is an alcoholic and does abuse Morphine, etc. He up and left me the day after Xmas and moved to an area where i belive they support alcoholics, addicts, etc. I suppose this is spiral of addiction. I would love for him to get some help, but he already has a girlfriend in with him and she is a hard drinker and possible drug addict, too. Nothing i can do at this point but cry as i have been and try to take care of me.

He really acts even more strange these days than ever. I have never seen so many different personalities in this man. He is very manipulative and just plain mean!!! Breaks my heart how is suddenly turned on me and left, but i undertand that alcoholics and drug addicts do that sometimes.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:59 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Even though you are separated,you may still find the Anon boards helpful.They are wonderful people to talk with.I am an addict/alcoholic in recovery,but I visit the Anons because I have been in those type of relationships,and just because there is so much positive energy.They can help you find the joy and laughter again,and you deserve to be happy

phoenix
Old 03-24-2003, 04:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

volatile

My son is a crack addict and the symptoms you describe were not the ones I have seen with my son. Symptoms of crack usually include dilated (enlarged) pupils, sweating when it is not hot, talking as if the mouth is numb (because it is), lack of appetite, and a jumpiness often called "Jones'ing."

Either way, this man should get medical treatment.