Notices

Individual Members For Personal Use

Old 11-03-2006, 09:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Individual Members For Personal Use

Individual members for personal use
Individual members who wish to reproduce any of the NA trademarks in the design of jewelry, personal clothing, or on any other items for personal use must first receive permission from NAWorld Services, Inc. (NAWS), the NA Fellowship's intellectual property trustee. NAWorld Services, Inc. may grant permission if the individual member vouches to safeguard the NA trademark by agreeing to the following six conditions:

If the member has an artist create artwork using any of the NA trademarks, the member must get a document releasing to either the NA member or NAWS the artist's rights to the artwork, including the original artwork.
The member endeavors to retain ownership of dies, cuts, or any similar item depicting any of the NA trademarks used to develop the design of the personal item.
The member agrees to use the artwork on a very limited number of identical pieces (generally no more than three) and not offer them for sale.
The member ensures that the capital letter "R" (®) is placed inside a small circle to the right of any NA trademarks appearing in the artwork, showing that use of the trademark is protected by law. (This is the marking instruction for use in the United States of America. For instructions relating to other countries, refer to NA Intellectual Property Bulletin #7, Trademark Markings Throughout the World.)
The member fully complies with the Guidelines for Use of NA Trademarks described in IP Bulletin #1.
In the event there is any conflict relating to enforcement or interpretation of WSO intellectual property bulletins, the procedure outlined in Bulletin #5, Conflict Resolution Within the NA Fellowship, will govern.
So this would suggest that before you do anything with the NA Symbol that you have permission from headquarter to do it. Which would also have to do with getting tattoos of the NA Symbol on your person. I think that sometimes people are just instigators or in cyber "trolls" and then when something takes place to there liking then they still are not happy with the outcome and still want to change things. This is really beginning to be ******** and I think that some people really need to look at the steps and the principles before personalities instead of running on self will.

Love And Respect

Vic DONE!
Old 11-03-2006, 09:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Just an FYI, I got the NA logo tattoo on my chest when I had 30 days clean and I was very very ignorant of the traditions at the time and of the FIPT.

THis whole situation was brought up b/c of tradition violations vic, if you are pissed about it, talk to your sponsor, if you are still pissed, put it in a 4th step...

I am happy that the NA name has been removed from the title of this forum, the name could have been changed to something better, but i'm still happy the NA name is off. The traditions are what keep the fellowship alive and free vic, they are not negotiable.

What are your motives vic, why are you pissed, keep the focus on you, that's how we grow.

Love ya dude,
Blake
Old 11-03-2006, 10:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it...in a court of law.
We read those traditions in every meeting...
Perhaps you should check your own motives Blake.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

Originally Posted by Blake
Just an FYI, I got the NA logo tattoo on my chest when I had 30 days clean and I was very very ignorant of the traditions at the time and of the FIPT.

Love ya dude,
Blake
Blake I just want to know did you talk to your sponsor before you got the tattoo? Did you ask him or her if that was advisable? I know that I myself thought of getting a tattoo and talked about it with my sponsor, He said NO DEAL, you are headed the wrong direction if you do. Now are you willing to have the tattoo removed at 1200 dollars per square inch. Remember we are dealing with the traditions here. I am not pissed as you say, I just think all of this is crap because SR wasn't ever associated with NA..... I think someone else might need to talk to there sponsor a little more often. Just my 2 cents

With Love and Respect

Vic
Old 11-03-2006, 10:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

No I didn't talk to my sponsor first, I didn't have a sponsor. I have talked to my sponsor thoughrouly about the happenings here at SR and I'm at peace with it.

As far as getting it removed, I probably won't. I emailed NAWS seeking a retroactive single use liscense for my tat and if they say no, I'll cover it up. Wouldn't want to be a hypocrit, now would I? You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything...
Old 11-04-2006, 11:17 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Life...It's What's For Dinner

Just the other day

On Thursday night I was at a meeting and I noticed that the guy sitting next to me (was from out of town) has a NA tattoo on his arm. I am sure if you went to a large convention you would find alot of people with NA tattoo's. My husband wants to get a NA tattoo....personally I don't have any tattoo's yet, but if I did get one with NA on it, I feel that it is my body. I don't understand how getting a tat would lead you down a wrong road.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:54 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Big Idiot Man Child

Originally Posted by Blake
No I didn't talk to my sponsor first, I didn't have a sponsor. I have talked to my sponsor thoughrouly about the happenings here at SR and I'm at peace with it.

As far as getting it removed, I probably won't. I emailed NAWS seeking a retroactive single use liscense for my tat and if they say no, I'll cover it up. Wouldn't want to be a hypocrit, now would I? You have to stand for something or you'll fall for anything...

don't get it removed even if they say no. that's going a bit too far in my humble, mentally-challenged opinion.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:28 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
FarFromUzin

The mention of your Tattoo brings to mind an episode of Cops. They were trying to arrest a guy who had a very visible "NA" Tattoo on his shoulder. He was resisting and struggling like mad. He was also a spokesman for "NA" because of the Tattoo. I wondered to myself how many people watching this are saying, " I knew it, NA does not work. Just look at that guy.

I do not have an NA bumper sticker for the same reason. If I were to inadvertently make another motorist mad with my driving, he could assume that NA people are disrespectful lousy drivers.

When I wear a shirt with the Logo or sport a bumper sticker with NA on it, I had better be on my very best behavior. I am representing the fellowship as a whole when I do. I have only 2 shirts with NA on them and I only wear them to NA functions.

I am in no way saying you would do something like described above, and your Tattoo is not that visible unless you are swimming or sunbathing. I just offer this as something for people to think about.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think I may just stay outta this one. Allthough I am now considering changing my avatar.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
everything is already ok

so it seems TS. So I better consider removing the AA and NA logo from both sides of my head then.

Kevin
Old 11-04-2006, 10:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
FarFromUzin

T2S

Read this post about Avatars

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/1091736-post8.html

nogard:

Both sides of the head? Hmm. May hurt a little.
Old 11-04-2006, 10:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FarFromLoozen
The mention of your Tattoo brings to mind an episode of Cops. They were trying to arrest a guy who had a very visible "NA" Tattoo on his shoulder. He was resisting and struggling like mad. He was also a spokesman for "NA" because of the Tattoo. I wondered to myself how many people watching this are saying, " I knew it, NA does not work. Just look at that guy.

I do not have an NA bumper sticker for the same reason. If I were to inadvertently make another motorist mad with my driving, he could assume that NA people are disrespectful lousy drivers.

When I wear a shirt with the Logo or sport a bumper sticker with NA on it, I had better be on my very best behavior. I am representing the fellowship as a whole when I do. I have only 2 shirts with NA on them and I only wear them to NA functions.

I am in no way saying you would do something like described above, and your Tattoo is not that visible unless you are swimming or sunbathing. I just offer this as something for people to think about.
Well said, FarFromLoozen. Thanks.
Old 11-05-2006, 09:19 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I changed mine. No big deal. Now, can we move on get back to working on our recovery and giving each other and the newcomers support?
Old 11-07-2006, 10:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
I'm an addict.

Got the everything is A-OK from NAWS about my tattoo....which is cool, I really like it....and now I can say I have an officially liscensed NA tat...Thanks for bringing this up vic, otherwise I may have never even checked with NAWS.