Stronger Challenges

Old 09-29-2006, 04:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Stronger Challenges

Do the challenges you face seem to be getting more daunting? Most likely that means you're making real progress.

The challenges have grown stronger precisely because you've reached a higher level of effectiveness. In meeting those challenges you'll create a path forward where none existed before.

With what level of challenge are you willing to live? That will determine the level of accomplishment you reach.

Working through the biggest challenges will bring you the biggest rewards. Real and lasting value is created by solving the most difficult problems.
With each challenge you grow stronger. And then an even greater challenge comes along, giving you the opportunity to climb ever higher.

Diligently work through a few challenges, and soon you'll find yourself looking forward to them. See the real value in challenge, and you'll see the way clear to whatever you choose to accomplish.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 09-29-2006, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Ann
The challenges have grown stronger precisely because you've reached a higher level of effectiveness. In meeting those challenges you'll create a path forward where none existed before.

Diligently work through a few challenges, and soon you'll find yourself looking forward to them. See the real value in challenge, and you'll see the way clear to whatever you choose to accomplish.

-- Ralph Marston
I don't think I'll ever look forward to the challenges in my life ... but with each challenge I've succeeded in dealing with my self esteem has been boosted. Although I know I will have to face more challenges.. I sure don't feel that "I can't wait" for them kinda feeling but I do remain confident that I will.. with the same strength that's gotten me this far... deal with them and survive.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:48 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I prefer small challenges, the kind that can be dealt with in a day. Maybe it's the "instant gratification" thing with me, but I love the feeling of finishing a project or having completed something that made me feel better upon completion (even like spring cleaning)

I have more patience for short-term challenges, long term can become draining or even boring after a while.

I'll have to give some thought to why this is.

Hugs
Old 09-30-2006, 05:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I bite.

I agree with you Ann. It just seems that right now most of my challenges are long term. Or maybe I just need to give more weight to the short terms ones I get through.