very important question

Old 09-28-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

very important question

just because you've been sober for over a year, do most recovering alcoholics whom haven't done all the aa steps, are most of them still moody, defensive, selfish, high strung, difficult ect.. same bad qualities as when they were drinking ? and should they be allowed to take excessive amounts of sleeping pills (3) because they say they have insomnia????????
Old 09-28-2006, 04:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

are most of them still moody, defensive, selfish, high strung, difficult ect.. same bad qualities as when they were drinking ?
I was... as was my husband and my mom. But we all have gotten better over time, and I got LOTS better when I got into a 12-step program.

Mom and Mr. Big have mellowed and gotten some of what they needed from "life".

Of the three of us, the only one who has really abused any sleeping drugs... is probably me.

Three seems excessive, but in the long run (I bet you aren't going to like this...) ... in the long run - what my partner does with his medication is none of my business.

If his behavior is intolerable... then MY business is to change what I will tolerate... or leave. His business is to figure out if he is also willing to change... or leave.

Dang. Seems so simple typed out like that.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

so i'm thinking he'd realllly benefit from the twelve steps, he never got a sponsor went to aa for about 3 months, just really made up his mind he was never going to drink again, we did have a baby, i think she had alot to do with it, but his moods are driving me crazy
Old 09-28-2006, 04:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

it's funny you get descensitized (is that how your write that) lol to some behaviour, lol i'm a very aggresive person too, no prairie flower here lol