Power of Imagination

Old 09-27-2006, 03:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Power of Imagination

Do more than merely wishing for success. Imagine it in every detail.

In your mind's eye, see yourself reaching the goals you have set. See and feel yourself living the dreams that mean the most to you.

Whatever your goal may be, clearly and richly imagining it is a critical step. See yourself going there and you'll develop a workable understanding of precisely how to make the journey.

Opportunity is turned into reality when you imagine yourself working your way through every step of that opportunity. Imagination is the starting point in bridging the gap between where you are and where you would like to be.

The very act of imagination forces you to accept that certain things are indeed possible for you. Once those possibilities gain a foothold in your belief system, they begin to grow into real and tangible achievements.

Everything you've ever done, you've first done in your mind. Imagine the very best, and you'll find yourself making it happen.

-- Ralph Marston
Old 09-27-2006, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lightbulb

Thank you ((( ann )))

Our minds are creatures of habit. One exercise I do is to say out loud once a day the things I am grateful for. Of course the first one is the condition of my sobriety.

We can change the disposition of our minds and the physicality of our brains by positive thinking. It's not rocket science. Faking it until you be making it is the one AA slogan that affected my life the most. I faked everything and over a period of time, it all became true. The only thing I haven't been successful in faking is losing the weight I gained during sobriety... but I've been more than a little short on the action part of it! It's all chemical warfare and I can't completely cut the sugar out of my diet but the weight is still better than being fat and a drunk!!

There's so much fact about the power of our imagination on our bodies and mental health. I became fascinated with the subject when I read this study about kids with terminal cancer. In this particular study kids were given a Pac Man type game where the Pac Man was attacking and killing their cancerous T cells. After some amount of time the kids were tested and they had significantly lowered those killer T cells in their bodies. This was the first study that showed that chemical activity could communicate outside the brain and spinal cord system to the rest of the body. It was the first study that suggested "faith healing" and positive thinking did in fact effect the rest of the body. Visually keeping one's cup half full instead of half empty will help keep the blues away. There is tremendous power in the way we think.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I totally agree with you, Michski. "Fake it till you make it" translates into "believe it and it will happen" in my recovery dictionary, and I know that when I keep my thoughts positive, my energy responds and what seemed impossible then becomes reality.

Hugs