Notices

Mom trying to quit

Old 09-25-2006, 05:11 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mom trying to quit

hi everyone...finally able to find a name to sign up....kept trying all my names were taken...well its another monday..another new start...need to get through one day at a time but i know the first three are hell...i have 3 wonderful kids but a very empty shell on the inside..alcohol has given me the "life", but i know its just a matter of time before the life could be yanked out from underneath...just let me get through the day or through the witching hour starting at 5p.m.....
Old 09-25-2006, 05:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome - great name!! I'm trying to walk the same journey as you - we'll walk together. You're in a great place
Old 09-25-2006, 06:39 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Mom trying, boy have I ever been there. You are so right, life will be ever better after day three. Think how wonderful day four will be,and then it is up to you. Do it now and enjoy your children. They grow up and are gone before you can believe it. Mine are 25 and 27 now, and although I have many great memories, and I was a good Mom, there are times when I just can't remember this or that, or I realize I cound have helped out more. Let's check back. Thursday could be beautiful for both of us. By the way, the kids turned out fine, possibly no thanks to me.
Old 09-25-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome to SR!! Congrats on taking Step 1 -- and you're so smart to take it one day at a time. Today you will not drink, right? 5 pm is the start of witching hour at my place too -- I'm the mom of 3. I find it helps me a great deal to read the forums here and to journal every day.

Best of luck to you!

((Hugs))
Old 09-25-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi!
There are lots of us moms here working on the same thing you are--stick around and let us know how you're doing!

OH BOY, I know what you mean about the 5 PM "happy" hour. I'd start pouring the wine when I got out the frying pans to cook supper. (Or at lunch, or as a "reward" for getting the laundry all folded.....you know how it is!)

Anyway, I'm glad you're here....
Take care,
Jane
Old 09-25-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

welcome to the forum...I hope you will keep posting and letting us know if you need support.
Old 09-25-2006, 11:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Trying to do the right thing.

Another welcome from me there Sweetie...........

When your ready were here for you...!

Hng in there there there are so many other's in your position,...
Old 09-27-2006, 07:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

thanks to everyone for their kindness...check back with me tomorrow..
Old 09-28-2006, 12:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ndgrace

cant,
how did yesterday go?? I regret not getting sober earlier (missed the time with my kids) and am so happy to see young moms get sober. It feels great to answer the phone at 11:15 at night (my kids are 18 and 20) and be able to give them advise.