New here

Old 03-10-2003, 06:27 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy New here

Hi everyone.

Hope to come here alot and make some friends. God knows I could use someone to talk to.

My wife drinks and uses drugs, and I'm having a hard time dealing.

But I'm sure this is not new to anyone here.

I'm afraid of posting, because my wife reads and checks everything coming and going on the computer.

So I'm going to try to cover my tracks. But feel that I need to talk before I explode.

I'm sure you all can understand.

Well I'll check back tommorrow if I'm feeling up to it.

I have Fibromyagia and Chronic fatigue, so I'm sick all the time. It's hard for me to spend much time on the computer but I'm going to , like i said before I explode.

Looking forward to chatting.

And if anyone has any tips on covering my tracks, let me know?

thanks.
Old 03-10-2003, 06:43 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Morning Glory

Hello Beatup,

Welcome to the forum.

You can cover your tracks by right clicking on your internet explorer icon and clicking properties and then delete your cookies, temporary internet files and history. There is also a place to turn off the setting to automatically complete addresses and fill in forms. I can't remember where that one is right now, but I'll find it.

Some computers also have a "recent" file that will store your recent activity. Check around for it. If I think of anything else I'll let you know.

Hang in there,

Hugs,
MG

Old 03-10-2003, 07:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hi Beat up and welcome

I do the same thing by clicking on "tools" at the top, "internet Option" and delete temp files, cookies and history. I'm not sure that is as effective as what MG said, but seems to work for me. I do this at work, even though I only come on on my lunch break and am not abusing their internet, but I just don't think it is any of their business what site I was visiting.

Hope you can come back for a visit.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome

Just wanted to let you know that my spouse doesn't know I post either. In the beginning I was scared to death, but as time has gone on, I really don't mind if he finds out anymore.

Wish I had some great tips for covering your tracks, but I am not a computer wizard! I only delete from History and follow up E-mails and then delete the deleted files. I am sure he could find something because he is GREAT with computers.

I hope that you find the courage and strength to keep coming back, this board has been very helpful for me!

Constant
Old 03-11-2003, 04:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Glad you found this site! I understand about covering your tracks. If my husband knew I posted on this, he would be pretty upset! But I'm lucky--he's computer illiterate, and even if he does get on the computer, he wouldn't know what it was!

Take care of yourself!

Lyn
Old 03-11-2003, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi beat up and welcome to you !
we are all here for each other so try and
keep coming back.
I also want to keep my tracks covered from my
son, although i dont know that he cares about
looking.
well, good luck to you and if you cant get to an
alanon meeting with your health problems you can
go to the alanon sites and read everything you can
on getting yourself well mentally.
if there is an alanon meeting in your area i'm sure a
phone call will bring someone to see and talk with you.

Hugs
liddy
Old 03-11-2003, 01:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your tips , advice and support.

I hope to be able to come here more often. Like I said before , I really need to talk this stuff out. And share with people that have similar problems.

I have to run and pickup my son from school.

I'll try to post more and read some more. And I hope I can help someone with my experiences too.

I don't want to just take.

Thanks so much and talk to you all later

P.S. It's awful that we have to hide anything from our spouse's. But this is how it has to be.
Old 03-11-2003, 06:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Beatup!

Welcome to the recovery forum! There are some great posts at the top of the alanon and naranon forums under "power posts". Check 'em out!

Dino was crabby about me using the site for awhile and I was careful about what I posted when he was reading at first. Several hissy fits occured. He mellowed.

I hope you will come back and post often! We've all been where you are and we DO want to hear it.

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 03-12-2003, 10:44 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Beat Up

Hi Beat Up and welcome. I'm fairly new myself but can vouch for the wonderful imput you get here. Sorry, I don't know enough about the computer to help. I know what you mean though. My husband is so funny, he even thinks Weight Watchers is a Cult! Love that man! Keep strong, keep posting! Hugs, Devastated