Notices

sometimes easy; sometimes hard???

Old 09-12-2006, 06:03 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hot Flashes????

Unhappy sometimes easy; sometimes hard???

Hi all,

I've been ready to get back in the right head. I picked them back up a week ago after 2 months quit. Sucks.
I've quit a few times before; once when I worked at a bar!!!!!!! It seems like sometimes it's very easy for me and other times nearly impossible. Is this true for anyone else? Any insight into why this might be?
(After just one week of smoking 5 or 6 a day I'm back to coughing, sore throat, burning chest.....this is an ugly and underestimated drug.)
Old 09-12-2006, 10:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Grateful recovering alcoholic

Hmmmm. Thanks for the reminder. They say with alcoholism (which I'm an alcoholic as well) that alcohol is ...cunning, baffling, powerful. Sounds the same with nicotine. I know that's true, because of how many times I've tried to stop smoking.

I've had to take the same approach with smoking as I did with drinking. Not one pack, not one cigarette, not one puff!!! 1 is too many and 100 is not enough!!!

Good to know that the sore throat, chest, coughing and all that is still there if I choose to pick them back up again. Quite frankly, I'm still so thrilled to not be imprisoned by the addiction today!!!

Thanks so much for the reminder. As for easy and hard sometimes...I think that has to do with a lot of factors: how badly I want to quit, how much am I fighting it, etc.

Good luck on not smoking today. Get back in the driver's seat... There, but for the grace of God, go I...
Jen
Old 09-16-2006, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
To Life!

Hi, Spring;
Sorry I missed this the other day. Hope you're still smoke free!
I've tried multiple times to quit. And I agree with your assessment; sometimes it's easy; others almost impossible. I *think* it's in our heads, meaning, how prepared or fed up we are.

This quit, I had my last butt at 6 AM and that was it. It was difficult, but, I was prepared. I had planned; I had a support group; and I had a group of new behaviors to put in place. And the fact is, I quit when I was out of work on a stress leave! So, my emotional state diddn't prevent my success.

I am now Nine months, two weeks, four days, 7 hours, 10 minutes and 42 seconds nicotine free. That's 11651 cigarettes not smoked, saving $3,203.83. Life saved: 5 weeks, 5 days, 10 hours, 55 minutes.

Keep the quit and post before you puff!

Shalom!
Old 09-22-2006, 09:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Hot Flashes????

Unhappy I feel weak.

WOW!! That's awesome!!

No..I haven't put them down yet, again, :uzi2: But I'm gearing up. I want to...I don't know why I keep going back for more. I think this group will help; I want to be on your side of the fence! Thank you for the inspiration!!

Jo