Notices

Searching for BCBLUES12252

Old 09-07-2006, 02:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Searching for BCBLUES12252

Well, I see I was last on in March, and you were so kind to write to me...an awful lot has transpired since we last chatted...my son did move to Seattle, but was only there about 3 months and then he was back in June. I/we thought things were much better, but boy were we ever fooled!! I guess I never realized what enablers we were and how easily we are taken advantage of...
About 3 weeks ago, the other grandmother called me and asked me to please stop at her house, I knew something BIG was going on. When I got there she showed me a box that had a bunch of used needles and several other items, including a spoon that had been burnt on the bottom. Well that was the last straw, she cornered her daughter and I cornered my son and we told them the gig was up and this was it. Neither one seemed to give much fight, our granddaughter was at the sitter's so then our daughter took her. My daughter in law was sent to a facility for a couple days and she is now with her parents. Our son is with us, they have lost their house and our granddaughter is being shuffled back and forth. Both of them are in a recovery rehab programs locally, paid for by their insurance . They are going to meetings and seems like they are trying to straighten things up. But I am so skeptical, they have lied way too many times to be trusted now. My daughter in law has a job, but my son does not, has not had any since he got back from Seattle and doesn't seem to concerned. He was told to look for a job and also to get a sponsor, and he says he is going to try and go to the Army, they say this is not on his record since it did not involve the law. We are going to go to Al Anon meetings, but have not yet. Any suggestions, again??? And this time I will listen to you....Thanks, Linda