Quiet and little lonely

Old 09-04-2006, 05:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Quiet and little lonely

Well, it's day 7. I packed up everything I own and put it in storage yesterday, with the exception of the heavy stuff. AH was away with his parents, said he didn't want to be alone during all of this, so I took the opportunity to run back home and take care of some stuff. I guess I will be heading back there this weekend to move everything from storage into my new place. I got to spend two nights at home too, which was nice...back in my own bed instead of a hotel. For the next 3 nights, I am here at my co-workers place while she's out of town. But I have to admit...I'm kind of lonely. I know my co-workers here in town, but those friendships are different from real ones. I just don't know what to do with myself. At least when I was lonely at home for whatever reason (AH gone or drunk), I was HOME. I could laze around and be comfortable or whatever. I guess that will come once I get in my new place. This constant transition the past 7 days with 4 more to come hasn't been too fun...well, except for when I got to be home two nights, and even then, I was packing and crying a lot of the time. And I know eventually I will make some friends...it's just that right now, I'm more alone than ever. It sucks. At least I got my dogs down here with me.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:09 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there,

I know the feeling. I got to feeling pretty lonely when I first left my ex. What helped me was to get involved in my recovery fellowship. Like right now, I'm going to go have dinner with my sponsor. I don't know if you have picked up any phone lists from meetings of al-anon, but if you did now would be a great time to call them up and see if any of _them_ are lonely too

Mike
Old 09-04-2006, 05:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

This is the tough time, TG. Not that the rest wasn't, but once I made the huge decision to leave the relationship, and the dust settled, a bit of the anxiety set in. Even though I'm still in my home, all the old routines changed, AH was not here to talk to, etc. I have my cats, like you have your dogs, and all these months later my life is very, very good.

In the last 10 months I've made some good new friends, and I know at least a couple of them will be lifelong. It's all a process and at first seemed to drag. Each day is a little better and I hope it's that way for you, too. I think it will make a big difference once you are in your new place and start making it your own.

Thinking of you.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hey there hon...

I know exactally how you feel.... Im right there with you. It was weird cuz this last weekend I was with my best friend and her husband and we had a wonderful time but even in the mist of it all I was lonely...

I know this will pass, It always does and the only thing you can do is keep busy, get out of the house even if you dont want too (I go to movies alot) and just keep moving forward... it gets better.
Old 09-04-2006, 06:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It is tough, Im glad we aerent alone though. I was with people all weekend and still my damn heart was cracking at times. I know it will heal, it has before, but this is a big hurt, but i just keep going forward. I know its part of getting better.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:51 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You are very brave. I know how difficult this is, because I went through it five months ago. It does get better.
Old 09-05-2006, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Transition is never really easy TG. It will take getting used to. Just hang in there and give yourself some time and dogs are some of the best company EVER IMO!!!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

TG, in just a few short days, you'll be in your new home, curled up in front of the TV, with your faithful dogs by your side. You're creating a new life for yourself. One that doesn't include the pain associated with living with an alcoholic partner. One filled with serenity and peace. One filled with more happiness and joy than pain and sorrow. You can live the life YOU choose. Just think of the possibilities!

This is not an ending. It's a wonderful new beginning.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

I'm about 6 weeks down the road from blow up/decision, to 2 weeks ago he moved out. But, I was staying other places for a few weeks too and it is tough. I have actually been feeling some relief! I don't think I realized how much tension was in the air, how gently I had to walk before. Cuz, it is rather peaceful. Lonely, and the change in routine has been a little rough. I have tried to stay so busy, with home stuff when I am here. I am lucky, unbelievably HE moved. Still can't believe it! Day at a time.....hope it gets easier for you, and I agree w/ the others...once some time passes and you are on your own in your own place it will get easier. Keep coming here.....
Old 09-06-2006, 11:04 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

You'll hopefully feel better once you ar ein your own place. You are in transition right now which isn't easy.

Do you have any f2f meetings to go to/ I've found what has been working for me is to get into service at my A.A mmetings, chairing, making coffee stuff like that.

Take care

Ngaire