Notices

Merry Christmas

Old 12-23-2019, 08:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas

It will be 2 years tomorrow since I have had a drink. Time has really gone fast. It's harder for me during the holidays with all the parties we go to and also host. February 2019 I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer so this last year has been rough but I got my latest scan last week and it came back clear, no evidence of disease. I have a blessed life and I am content now and I think part is the not drinking and also the cancer. I am praying that you all have a wonderful and sober Christmas.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you so much. You have stopped drinking and no evidence of cancer. Wonderful. I wish you a merry Christmas, back.
Blessings to you that you stay cancer free.
We joined in the same month in the same year, too. And have the same sobriety date. Miracles do happen.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats LadyBug - and Merry Christmas

D
Old 12-23-2019, 08:54 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm so glad to hear that you're healthy and sober. Two years in any circumstance is MONUMENTAL!! Not only that, but you kicked cancer's a$$.

RESPECT. I mean that. You're a bada$$ warrior lady and I'm in awe of you accomplishments. Sobriety is hard enough, but add in what you went through...WOW.

Incredible.

Merry Christmas, and congratulations! May God continue to bless you in all that you do.

Old 12-24-2019, 02:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Amazing stuff, Lady Bug. Many congratulations. You must be feeling a deep contentment going in to this Christmas season.

Hope you get through the Christmas with minimal stress - hosting events with alcohol involved is something I don't think I'll ever do!! That's impressive.
Old 12-24-2019, 04:04 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Happy Christmas to you LadyBug
Old 12-24-2019, 04:18 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ladybug,

Thanks so much for the wonderful update, made my day.

I have also been thinking about the holidays and how much we all have to be grateful for and proud of. The statistics for long term sobriety are not pretty, but we have done it. We are all bad asses, and you are a double bad ass. Wow.

Sure the parties can be a bit dull when most folks are lit, but isn't that mild feeling of superiority great, to be able to say "no worries I will drive", rock. Truth be told I love it.

I spent so many years feeelign inferior for a host of reasons, it is great to be the one on top of things for a change so I milk it, just saying.

As some know, I lost one of my best friends last week out of the blue at 51, the dude was basically perfect, and I loved him so much. Made me want to do a lot of things, but drink was not one of them.

Dee said soemthing that really resounded with me (as he usally does), that to drink over something so profound would be trite. And it is so true that to drink at anything is trite, but the death of someone like my friend would be the ultimate in triteness (new word). Never crossed my mind actually but something to think on in case it ever does.

I wish Ladybug and each and everyone of you bad asses a happy holiday season, whatever your holiday may be, and all the best for 2020.

XX
Old 12-26-2019, 04:33 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Do your best

Massive well done on 2 years