Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Alcoholism Information > Alcoholism
Reload this Page >

Have you given your cash, bankcard to someone else ?

Notices

Old 03-23-2017, 06:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I want to give my cash,bankcard to someone else to limit my alcohol spending

(not internet scammers, thieves, robbers, muggers, international banksters, war mongers, and worse)

I once again spent my money on ALCOHOL, when I just have spent it on healthy food

I have a problem I know
Old 03-23-2017, 06:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

No, I quit in spite of having money and time and no real bad reasons other than I didn't like what alcohol was doing to me.

I hope you'll find a way to fight it. The sober side is much better in every way.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I used to quit for a while on purpose, but its only getting harder when I know I have a chunk of money

I plan, and spend, on very advanced equipment humans make

Its too easy to waste money on alcohol, insidious (but I don't really know or remember my own our anyone else DEF of that
Old 03-23-2017, 06:18 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well, you're drinking now? Maybe you could go to bed and sleep it off, pour out what you've got man.

It's not really about the money.
Old 03-23-2017, 06:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by biminiblue View Post
No, I quit in spite of having money and time and no real bad reasons other than I didn't like what alcohol was doing to me.

I hope you'll find a way to fight it. The sober side is much better in every way.
My most remembered "quits" of alcohol...........I took a FAST LEFT in my car (just when of on 5min of coolness of piston combustion engines) I kept e carand engine going in the way to the place I was going ????

There's this cute girl I see once and a while, I don't know if she fears me or thinks I'm crazy or works in a quarry in FallOut Four ?

I should stop typing these things and play VIDEO GAMES

AND QUIT ALCOL///just remembered this is drunck chat

DON"T SELL ME ALCOHOL OR LET ME BUY IT
Old 03-23-2017, 06:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think you really have to take responsibility yourself.

It's not realistic for someone to always hold your money or for people not to sell alcohol to you.

You can quit - it just needs commitment and effort.

This is a great place of support and ideas - but you'll get much more out of the community here if you post before you drink?

D
Old 03-23-2017, 07:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No one is going to keep you from drinking by holding your money or trying to get stores not to sell to you, you have to start taking responsibility not to drink.
One case though this will happen is if you go into inpatient rehab, which may be a good idea.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It's far more rewarding to quit AND be a functioning human being in society without someone watching you day in day out. You need support and a plan.

And make the plan big. For instance, my plan is to get my professional engineer licensing in my state. Impossible if I drink. There's more on top of that, but it makes sobriety rewarding even when I have a bad day.
Old 03-23-2017, 10:40 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

WW2gamer,

I'm being honest with you, you don't seem ready to quit yet. You seem to be enjoying your drinking. I've been there and nothing could stop me. In the back of my mind I knew I shouldn't be drinking but I was rolling down a hill and I wasn't about to put the brakes on. Nobody was going to get in my selfish way not even me.

You know what happened to me when I realized I was ready to stop? I was picking up another beer and about to open it. It was day three and a Sunday. I felt like I wasn't getting drunk and couldn't. All I felt was my body being drowned in this man made poison. I looked at myself in this little mirror by my desk, looked at the beer, then back at the mirror. That's when I put the beer down and said enough is enough. I knew I would feel like hell with a hangover and feel like hell the whole next week and the next week after. But I let the pain come and took whatever the day gave me. Ups and downs rinse and repeat.

Although today I still have my downs 3 months later I know one thing and that is I am not a slave to that nasty sludge alcohol for which I used to pay for with a smile. I used to happily use my credit cards and rack up bills but it was so worth it for that beer was all I needed. That gross bottle of fermented nastiness. It'll kill you all with a smile on your face.
Old 03-24-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
12 Step Recovered Alcoholic

Perhaps a 24 hour body guard might work?