Notices

12 step recovery weekend 2013

Old 01-27-2013, 10:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Aka.. Indamiricale. :)

12 step recovery weekend 2013

Howdy family

Well I got home today from my first 12 step retreat. And what a wonderful spiritual experiance.. We had 162 men there. Largest group in the 27 years of this weekend. Its held up on Lake Erie, at a Christian Resort called Beulah Beach. Wonderful setting , no phones, no tv, no distractions. The grounds are beautiful. Main lodge is over 100 years old. Old creeky wood floors and fireplaces set the warm tone for what to come, and keeps the cold winter out side where it is just beautiful and god's country.

We arrived on friday , and got settled in to our rooms. I went with my sponsor and two other good friends. So to sponsors with thier sponsee's. Went over to the dinner hall which was right on the frozen edge , with beautiful views. Then at 7 pm we got the show on the road.

We went thru steps 1,2,and 3 friday. For each step we had a presenter do a little talk on the step. The drew radown number and broke off into group of about 6-8 to discuse it. We were done and off to bed about 11.

Up at 7 for coffee and readings, 8 for breakfast and then a jam packed day..
Sat. Went thru 4,5 ,6,7,8,9,10. With 3 hrs after lunch for men to be able to give their 5 steps. Which 22 of them did. And I believe most also did their 6,7 also then after. Why not, in that setting couldnt be a better time. To keep it going.

Then 8 pm a guest speaker. Larry M. from North Olmstead. Great lead and several men from my groups made the drive out. It was open for any man that didnt attend for the lead and fellowship afterward. They played 2 movies and people got to just enjoy good times together.

Sun 7 am up for coffee and readings, and 8 am breakfast then off to do 11 and 12. Finish up with lunch and some gratitude and drawings.

We had the whole gamet of sobriety time. From my great,great grandsponsor of 56 years to a guy in his fist week. Truly a great weekend to get the year of 2013 going, and god willing I will be there next year..

Next big functions coming up for myself here. Are Founder's Day in June. And Cook's Forest PA. in the spring..

For anyone that has not done something like this , I couldnt recommend it more . You will grow more in a weekend then you thought ever possible..

Good love, and God Bless guys. I just thought I would share a fraction of the joy and wonderful things that this weekend had. With simply by gods grace thanks to two men coming together to share their experiance , strength , and hope.. We are able to have joyous , happy, and free lives. We just have to pass on what was so freely given to us..

:ghug3
Old 01-28-2013, 08:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Fellow Traveler and Seeker

Thanks for sharing that - sounds like something I would love to do. Perhaps when the time is right, I will head out to one of those. Just reading about it made me feel better today already. I can only imagine the power in those rooms and in that place.

Awesome!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:15 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
stepping on my way...

THanks for sharing HD. What a good milestone to accomplish! I am glad you enjoyed yourself so