Deep breathes...

Old 05-29-2017, 09:22 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Redmayne

Deep breathes...

Sometimes, when I'm alone devoid of the company of those who love and care for me and suffering from those traits so common to me and I suspect others, in my 'drinking days', fear,guilt, low self esteem and self loathing.

I find myself having to take deep breathes as the full scale of the magnitude of my recovery descends upon me...

When I first arrived at my present address in June 2007, my fifth home in the previous seven years and still drinking. I was like one of the 'walking dead' or as have now come to realize, a derelict building.

Built by the architect who designed it to stand calm, clear and bright and serve whatever purpose he had in mind when first commissioned to design it.

At some point when the insidious effects of my drinking had entered that building i.e. me, that building had fallen into decay and whilst the original structure remains the very heart and soul of it had all but died to...

From the lessons learned and the company kept that structure is now being restored, slowly and sometimes painfully. I can sometimes get a bit sanctimonious about my recovery and that really doesn't do!

So that when the opportunity to take deep breathes arises, can also thank the Great Architect who designed this building and others.
Old 05-29-2017, 09:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Gratitude Gardener

Wow. Really beautiful. Thank you.

Especially appreciative of this: At some point when the insidious effects of my drinking had entered that building i.e. me, that building had fallen into decay and whilst the original structure remains the very heart and soul of it had all but died to...

From the lessons learned and the company kept that structure is now being restored, slowly and sometimes painfully. I can sometimes get a bit sanctimonious about my recovery and that really doesn't do!