Notices

Day 6 opiate withdrawal feeling much better

Old 06-07-2017, 07:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 opiate withdrawal feeling much better

Hey guys,
I have been addicted to opiates since 2014. Today for the first time since then, I am 6 days sober and honestly...the first 3 days were pretty miserable. Howerever day 4 5 and now starting day 6 are completely manageable. I got approx 8 hrs of sleep last night. Restless legs are pretty much gone. Still get that tingly feelong every so often. But hey. Making progress. You can do it! I have feared this for 3 years and im telling you...you CAN do this. No its not mind over matter as far as just get over it..it doesnt happen that easy. Just take one moment at a time and know that you will make it through the worst part. Occupy your mind. Im going to the gym this evening to see what I can accomplish even if its 10 minutes of light exercise. Boost these endorphins my body needs. I am somewhat eating normal. The diarrhea has subsided and the chills have vanished almost completely. This is nothing compared to the firat 3 days. Now its just mental. I do think about hey if i could just take one id feel fine. But seriously. One dang pill control me again!!?? No!! Not going to happen. Hang tight. I'll post again tomorrow. God bless and God speed to those in need of support through thjs tough time. You've got this!
Old 06-07-2017, 07:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sober- good. Do you have a plan? A support network in place- like NA, doctor, counselling??? Support to you.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:50 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Soberdsmtem0516 View Post
Hey guys,
I have been addicted to opiates since 2014. Today for the first time since then, I am 6 days sober and honestly...the first 3 days were pretty miserable. Howerever day 4 5 and now starting day 6 are completely manageable. I got approx 8 hrs of sleep last night. Restless legs are pretty much gone. Still get that tingly feelong every so often. But hey. Making progress. You can do it! I have feared this for 3 years and im telling you...you CAN do this. No its not mind over matter as far as just get over it..it doesnt happen that easy. Just take one moment at a time and know that you will make it through the worst part. Occupy your mind. Im going to the gym this evening to see what I can accomplish even if its 10 minutes of light exercise. Boost these endorphins my body needs. I am somewhat eating normal. The diarrhea has subsided and the chills have vanished almost completely. This is nothing compared to the firat 3 days. Now its just mental. I do think about hey if i could just take one id feel fine. But seriously. One dang pill control me again!!?? No!! Not going to happen. Hang tight. I'll post again tomorrow. God bless and God speed to those in need of support through thjs tough time. You've got this!
congrads on the 6 days. it took me 9 months to get rid of the withdrawals but i was on pills 12 years lol. just remember if the withdrawals get worse its normal usually. sometimes itll feel like they are all done and then they come back. so dont let that discourage you that it will never go away if it happens. ourbody just takes time to adjust but sounds like your doing good. exercise is def a good thing. stay hydrated. skip gatorade stick to water.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
congrads on the 6 days. it took me 9 months to get rid of the withdrawals but i was on pills 12 years lol. just remember if the withdrawals get worse its normal usually. sometimes itll feel like they are all done and then they come back. so dont let that discourage you that it will never go away if it happens. ourbody just takes time to adjust but sounds like your doing good. exercise is def a good thing. stay hydrated. skip gatorade stick to water.
Thank you for posting this. I needed to 'hear' it. I thought I was not doing well because I am still in wds. And because they will go away and then come back. So, I appreciate both of you sharing your stories here. It helped me a lot.
Keep posting Soberd!! Let us know how you are doing......
Old 06-22-2017, 01:12 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing Soberds! Your great attitude is infectious! Good job! I hope you were able to keep going!!!
Old 06-22-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to SR Soberdsmtem0516

D