Notices

I have a ? that I have always wondered about

Old 05-25-2015, 12:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I have a ? that I have always wondered about

My X is a RA, he is 16 weeks sober now. I have gone no contact because it seems we just fight a lot. I want to talk about what his drinking was like, he didn't yadda, yadda. He just has seemed angry since day 1 of recovery almost. It is like as soon as he got sober he got mad at me, and his tone was no longer caring and sweet. everything agitates him and he is mad all the time. now he is pissed that I went no contact, he found a way to get a hold me. and after all of that he called me and yelled at me today and basically told me to eff off. do I remind him of drinking days? am I like alcohol to him, a bad trip for him? I cannot figure out why this man is so nasty to me when he is sober. I wouldn't ask, except this isn't the first time he has acted like this. last summer when he got sober, he got mean to me too, but later when he wanted me back, he explained that he was in a bad place, but then he started drinking again, and then he gets sober again, and he talks so mean to me again. I am just flabbergasted.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

He sounds like he is not addressing his issues and just isn't drinking. his anger at you has nothing to do with you, it is quite common for alcoholics to act this way when we take away our medication
Old 05-26-2015, 10:01 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Daydreamer. I can understand how you feel and how helpless you feel.

My youngest sister is an alcoholic, not in recovery, but still night and day moods from being in withdrawl in the morning to being drunk again by 1pm. She is also very mean when she is not drunk. The slightest thing sets her off on a tirade and no one escapes her wrath. Then by 3 pm, drunk, she is your best friend again. Except there's no one there at 3 pm anymore.

I understand only too well why you have gone the no contact route. It's so hard to deal with someone that can only be kind when they're drunk or high and only be mean and nasty any other time!

I hope things can work out for you!
Take good care and you can talk to us about your feelings anytime!

...Ruby...
Old 05-27-2015, 07:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you for your kindness Ruby