Notices

Hen House Talk, Part 60!!

Old 03-21-2015, 08:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Lethe, I played the Joe Satriani video and Buffy watched every minute of it. She enjoys watching videos.

This is Buffy watching and listening to Joe Satriani...

This is when she is mildly interested. When she's very interested, she moves to the foot of the bed, about 5 feet from the monitor and sits and stares at it with her eyes open wide.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:44 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Wow, Suki - You got a picture of Buffy from the front side? I've seen your pics of her showing only her backside

Beautiful pic!!

Going to bed now, way past my bedtime and got some whiney cats.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-21-2015, 08:56 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I love Joe Satriani! Me and my son used to marvel at him, back when he first started getting well known. back in the day.

well, hen's and roosters, (where is Joe?), gonna go to bed too. hope for a better day tomorrow for everyone.
xoxo
chic
Old 03-21-2015, 08:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Lethe, I played the Joe Satriani video and Buffy watched every minute of it. She enjoys watching videos.

This is Buffy watching and listening to Joe Satriani...

This is when she is mildly interested. When she's very interested, she moves to the foot of the bed, about 5 feet from the monitor and sits and stares at it with her eyes open wide.
She's a rockin' kitty! beautiful girl..Ethyl...lol.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams, dear Chic

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-21-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey guys, just hanging on as best I can. Keeping Godfrey comfortable, having some food issues, bought him baby food, but apparently I didn't get his preferred type. He won't touch the beef - seems to be a common thread here with cats. Amy, yes, dogs can count. I've seen mine hoard doggie bones, go away for awhile, come back and realize one is missing (mean, mean mommy, testing doggie) and go searching for it. Canine studies have established they can definitely count to three, but most assume they can count much higher.

((Jay)). So happy you're getting training for Moose. Love you, buddy.

Everyone else, just not feeling up to snuff, so I'll catch you later - doc appt in the morning, fell asleep and dreamed I missed it, not a good thing. Love you all, my buds, TPA
Old 03-22-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

TPA - sorry you and Godfrey aren't feeling well. When I was giving Elvis baby food, I usually got chicken and he loved it. Not sure what it is about cats and beef? I thought it was just my crew. They also don't like tuna, but love the tuna flavored water from the can.

Dreary, rainy day here.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-24-2015, 03:51 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

((Tpa))) good to see you, been thinking of you.
My cats like the gerber Ham... of all things.. no beef for them. even in regular canned cat food, they don't like the beef.
I get the gerbers 2nd year baby meats.. add a tad of water, and warm it a bit, and they usually gobble it. I am sorry your Godfrey is not eating well Maybe he will lick it from your finger? mine did..lol. somehow tastes better from moms fingers.

love and hugs!!!
Old 03-25-2015, 09:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hi, sorry I have been MIA. I poisoned my cat last Monday with alkyl, been watching her 24/7. Really tired now. The week before that, my neighbor died. His name was Jack. I used to sit outside with him everyday in the nice weather.

I think my cat Misty is doing ok, sort of right now. She still won't eat food without me force feeding her or syringes.

Misty seems to be doing a lot better. She is drinking water. Has bowel movements perhaps every 2 to 3 days.

I don't know, my head isn't very clear right now.

Just wanted you to know, I didn't drop off the face of the earth.

jynx
Old 03-26-2015, 04:57 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Glad you checked in, jynx, and I've been praying for Misty. Glad to hear she is doing better.

I didn't get home until late, last night, as went over to Bev and T's. Still battling the depression but refusing to let it keep me down, too much.

Work is slow this week, docs and boss lady are out of town and a medical convention, we get to wear jeans again tomorrow

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-28-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Hope Misty is doing better now ((Jynx))
Old 03-28-2015, 05:14 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I went to Chattanooga again, really nice day and got a gorgeous view of the city from the deck of the couple's house I deliver to.

Went grocery shopping and am actually cooking!!

I got another sort of cat bed, as Tiger took over the one when he and Mots were in jail in the kitchen. Mots was laying on one of the chairs. I've got to stop them from marking in the den.

It's been a good day, I feel better

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-28-2015, 05:25 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I feel like so many cats mark when they get older.... I hope Sasha doesn't. Are female cats liable to mark? In dogs it's usually just the males and usually only if they're not neutered...
Old 03-28-2015, 05:33 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've had cats all my 45 years of adult life and never had a female who marked. Some of the males did, even neutered, but not too many. And I've had a lot of cats.
Old 03-28-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Good to hear ((least)).
Old 03-28-2015, 06:52 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

All 3 of my indoor cats are boys, all neutered. Tiger has been doing it for years, Mots seems to follow behind him. Sammy is the only one who doesn't and he was the outdoor cat for 16 years?

I just found Tiger laying in the new bed. He is the "old man" of this house, has been here for 15 years.

It's just gotten to the point that I have to STOP the marking and the smell, or I, and the cats, will have to move so Bev can sell the house..eventually.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-28-2015, 07:20 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

My cat, a female, decided about a week ago that she'd try to mark. To the point where she backed up to the tree and acted like a male! We did our best not to laugh! There's a male that's been marking everywhere and I guess she decided if you can't beat 'em join 'em LOL
Old 03-29-2015, 08:43 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

That's funny Chino

I'm about to set out for a six mile trek with moose and theo (but no ginger-she has to work). We have a good trail system about an hour away and I'm bored of walking around town... Catch y'all later
Old 03-29-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Jay - The trek with the dogs sounds wonderful!!

Chino - That is funny about your cat None of my boys can spray, Tiger and Mots just make a statement pee, as Fandy would call it.

Tiger, however, still thinks he can spray and will do like your girl cat - back up, thinks he's all macho but, thank God, nothing comes out.

I finished cooking today, have been cleaning up and doing laundry. It was another gorgeous day, supposed to rain tomorrow but then in the 70's the rest of the week.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 03-30-2015, 06:46 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Male cats will usually mark if they were NOT neutered young enough and have had access to other cats and spend time outdoors. None of my house cats have ever marked, however they are all males and sometimes exhibit...."Elevator Butt", (A Jackson Galaxy term, not mine) which is peeing on the upside of the box. I solved this problem by always using a covered box with baking soda added to the scoopable litter. I also wipe down the sides of the box inside with lysol wipes.

The younger males will still get "stud tail" for a couple of years, which is a bit of greasy fur on their tail, i guess it makes them more attractive to the lady cats. it is more noticible on my big fluff tails then the smooth coated 2.