Notices

help! cleaning bathrooms at work.

Old 03-04-2015, 08:18 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

help! cleaning bathrooms at work.

There's always something in there, at least once a week. It's not an employee, I don't think. As far as customers go, I've chased off many of the more obvious users from my store, but I'm sure there are many who even I would never know.

Today, in the women's sanitary trash, there was a half smoked tray of H. I feel like I cannot completely avoid this triggering situation. I absolutely hate finding foil and baggies in there. I don't feel compelled to pull it from the trash, but seeing it makes my head spin and stomach turn. What do I do? Simply endure? I just needed to get this out. We call these trashes the "nasty trash" I had to laugh in spite of myself on the way home that at least the dope was where it belonged...

We all have brought this to the managers attention, and he still won't put a lock on the bathroom door. Ugh!!!!!

I've kept this job since last June and I really like it there, but this vexed me like no other. I still don't keep foil in my house.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Maybe you tell your manager again, and mention that it is hurting business by turning customers off, etc. You could also mention that it could be a liability issue if someone were to OD on the business premises. That assumes that he is a very P/L oriented manager. If not, find out what is important to him and tie the complaint to that. For example, if he is a neat freak you could mention how dirty the whole business is. If he is an environmentalist you could talk about how flushing drugs down the toilet is bad for the fish. There has to be something that the guy cares about, and I am sure there is some way that you can frame the complaint in a way that is relevant to those things.

If he still doesn't respond you can move it up the food chain. Find out who your direct supervisor reports to, and report the matter directly to him/her. If that doesn't work keep moving up the food chain. In the event that you are working for a corporation you could pull out all the stops and write the C-suite (CEO, CFO, COO, etc.). If you do take it that far mention that you are so adamant about it that you will write to the board if they don't resolve it. At some point, you will reach someone that cares or you will **** someone off so bad that you get fired.

You could also make it easier for the manager to say yes by going out and buying a couple padlocks with the fasteners. I am sure one of the other employees could put the thing on. That would eliminate the cost of adding the locks for all practical purposes.

My response is probably gross overkill, but you do have a long list of things you can do if it really bothers you that much.