Notices

Hen House Talk, Part 58!

Old 11-16-2014, 04:56 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Trach - great to see you her, but not sure what you are asking?

I spent the day watching football and thoroughly enjoying it. Realized my bumps and bruises were a little worse than I initially thought (yep, another head smack), but nothing broke and the supplements I got for arthritis are helping a lot.

Tiger snagged a pieceof my pizza, then left it on the carpet? Got all 3 boys inside, NO ONE is going outside tonight!!

Have reconnected with a dear recovery friend, and a few other recovery extras. Not to be vague, but I am so darned grateful for recovery, I could just Dance around the house, but am too sore

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-16-2014, 05:22 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Hi Hen housers!
I have been reading here for half an hour, and its good to catch up on everything thats going on.

Tod, I am praying that Jethros good sense returns, but regardless, pray for you to take care of yourself during this frustration. Maria is spoiled, rotten. smart too. I smile as I read it all.

Venus, glad you are here too, sweetie.

Amy, sorry to hear about Bevs sister. But, there is lots of hope, because I know many who have had mastectomy's and recover and are in complete remission.
Please, stay away from stairs, ok? I worry about you.

Live,,,I was thinking of you today, hoping we would hear from you. I am glad you have many sources of support, and that you love reading like you do. Can you imagine what you would do with yourself if you did not like to read so much? I have no really fun hobbies, and sometimes its a challenge to occupy myself. if I had kindle I would love it!

you are inspiring me , like before, to do some clearing/cleaning out of stuff here. I have so much crap I do NOT need. I am glad to hear that you are getting back into your fly lady too. I did clean my sink tonight

I watched some more of the Return of the King trilogy.. my very favorite books and movies ever. I love love love Tolkien. the movies are almost as good as the books, I get the extended versions, and its amazing how close to the book feel it has.

well, guess i will go and climb under the covers and wait for the snow. maybe up to six inches, I heard. I hope that was a rumor...lol.

love and hugs , and hope everyone is doing well . TB, you are missed and worried about! post when you can, ok?

love ,
chic
Old 11-16-2014, 05:57 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Chic - I am wanting to get under the covers, too. I realized all the harm I could have done I my fall, and all cats are on house arrest. I can barely move my neck, have a knee and elbow that are the size of softballs, but nothing is broken. I really hate to go to work with swollen joints, but will do it. Have no insurance until Jan, and refuse to build up a bill.

I've been watching football all day, reconnected with a dear friend in recovery. I'm convinced, one can not have enough friends in recovery.

Am taking my herbal supplements, which really seem to help, and am looking forward to going to work in the morning, swollen joints or not. At the worst, I will find out I can't afford treatment. At the best, my buddies will tell me what to do. I did get them all a package of "blow pops"?? Lollipops with gum in the middle.

I'm not above bribing

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-17-2014, 04:35 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

Day 133!

Amy: Good things do happen from ppl we run into that can relate to us! As many falls, stumbles and trip overs you have? Do you wear glasses? Might need to get some if you don't! You've been falling a lot here lately!

Chicory: Good to see you checking in here! Jethro admitted his knee was hurting and some other places on his body to me when we got in the car. I told him: "You need to overlook your own problems when dealing with a naughty child"! He said: "I know"! Then do it for goodness sakes! ARGH!

Yes Maria is spoiled beyond being spoiled. But we use the words - Well loved and she knows it! LOL We can only blame ourselves for the way she is in most things. In other things she figured out on her own because chickens are very intelligient! Molly was whining tonight in the chicken bedroom. I went in to see what the problem was and she walked over to her bowl that has the crushed oyster shells in it and pecked at it. Then looked back at me. She needed more, it was empty. I filled the bowl back up and she dove into them.

I started filling up a box of goodies to send to my daughter this evening. It's stuff I've been getting thru the year for all of them. No wrapping, just a box of goodies! I'm going to put some of her younger pictures of herself in it too. LOL She just text asking who got snow? We did along with sleet!

As for TB? I've asked and told him to post! Told him ppl are asking about him and want to hear from him! He said he's doing better though!

Well it's daylight and 27 degrees. There are a few school closings today due to slick roads. I'm surprised Marvin isn't already crowing in my ear behind me! He'll start crowing which gets Mr. Cotton in the house crowing too! It was really noisey when I had 12 roosters in the chicken bedroom! LOL When Mr. Cotton starts crowing it gets Molly on the floor to purring! I keep telling them: "I didn't pull your chain to turn y'all on!"

TOD
Old 11-17-2014, 10:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

1) What do I want?
Right now, I wish the kitchen were cleaned up. and the laundry done.

2)TOD, the more I hear you talk about Jethro and pain pills the more it makes me wonder about my 2d X, Danny. He had a back problem and the VA tried him out on morphine, methadone, fenytal patches, sometimes more than one of these at once. He started wanting to drink. And one time I noticed a bottle of seroquel empty long before it should have been. I wonder how much that played into him becoming a total grump & grouch & mean-spirited.
I have always thought it was because I got sick and stopped bringing home those pretty paychecks that I had always spoiled him with.
It's probably all those things and more.

Good grief, I am in my mid-fifties and can still be so incredibly naive at times.

Thanks for staying in touch with TB. He is missed.

I have never been in a Bass Pro shop but I have heard guys talk about it and sound like it is practically the Holy Land.

3) Damn, Amy. That falls sounds painful. Enough that I about cringe. Would a long soak in a tub of hot water help? David has a bad knee and he says it helps him.
Tho I always use ice packs on my neck. Did you get a bad headache?
I am so glad you will be getting health insurance soon.
That's kind of exciting isn't it?
That is totally wonderful that you have and continue to meet recovery friends.
I had to laugh about the candy bribes. Hey, it would work on me!

4) Chicory, maybe you could get a Kindle with your tax return? You deserve to have pleasurable things to do. I kind of rotate between my "obsessions". Sometimes it is the Kindle/reading, sometimes it is internet and I can feel the beginnings of an urge to resume my knitting. I also get in moods where I write novellas of emails. People seem to like them.
I am not sure why really? But I write about whatever is on my mind atm.
I type the way Amy talks. poke. poke. ahahahhaha

You can use your computer as an e-reader. Lots of classics are free and there are many low discount books available. Even with the Kindle, I still go thro all the books at Goodwill.
I am even thinking but not 100% sure that you can get the Kindle unlimited and just download to your computer. I think I always see that option.? David says yes...there are kindle readers for all kinds of devices, even phones.

I admit I get a thrill out of sending a bag to Goodwill. It is like this WOO-HOO, I will never have to deal with that stuff again!

I have got to do some serious cleaning in the kitchen today.
David vacuumed the bedroom.

I will get in gear here in a little while and start the dishwasher and wipe out the inside of the frig. Boy does it need it!

Dang it is so dreary out. I moved to the SOUTH! for a reason. It is overcast, quite chilly and drizzzly.
Makes me want to go back to bed.

Not forgotten those I haven't directly addressed, we could have a novel on our hands.

So just going to send out hugs and get off my duff for awhile.

((((hugs))))
T.
Old 11-17-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Evening Hen House!

Day 134!

LIVE: You aren't alone in knowing things in the earlier years! My first prescription for opiates due to being depressed! Yeah! Ain't that some chit! Opiates for depression. Who would have thunk it? But I didn't know what the opiates would do to a person either. All I remember is how much better I felt and it helped me to forget the crap I was going thru! It didn't take long though before they took hold of me and I was writing my own refill numbers on the scripts! That got me arrested and I headed straight for a 30 day stay in Rehab! So now I KNOW what opiates do to myself and what they do to others. Due to many injuries and surgeries thru the years I was put back on them time and time again. My dependence for them just grew and grew! All the love and care I had for ppl went straight out the window and turned 100% towards the opiates.

I've also watched many a family member with their own addictions and how bad it got. I've talked more about Jethro on the AP. Didn't want to bog down the HH with it all. I have to wonder about his way of thinking too. He just received an email from his boss telling him to not come in tomorrow. They are slow right now. Jethro says he's going to go file for UE. He CAN'T do that! Each day he's been off he's received vacation pay for it. He's super smart and is losing some of that with the pain pill use. He's also getting lazier and lazier too. Just drives me nuts with the attitude and everything else he's doing. I don't tolerate stupidity too well, especially when it's around me 24/7! It makes me get short with him and I try to keep the distance between us too.

Amy: I had an idea come to me today. Thought you might want to try it out? Get you some of those hand warmers. Put a piece of cloth across your back/hip and then lay the HW on it. Get you some Saran wrap and wrap around the area to hold it in place. Or an Ace bandage! Maybe that will help the pain and also let you move around? I have the lidocaine patches I'm using or else I'd be trying those Hand warmers myself!

I asked TB if he was still alive! He said: "Bearly"! We hit and miss on the texting!

TOD
Old 11-18-2014, 02:29 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

It's now dropped down to 19 degrees outside! I've got the electric heater pulled close to our circle and the heat bulb pulled in closer too! Although the walls are insulated the floor isn't. There's siding around the bottom of it, but that doesn't help much.

Marvin's crate and Martha Mae's cage are both up off the floor. Makes it easier on my back for cleaning them and also keeps them off the cold floor! I was happy to see the weather will be much warmer in the near future!

Molly needing her crushed oyster shells last night, provided us with an egg in her sleeping basket! I got Miss Molly figured out and what she needs/wants!

Venus: How are you doing? You're being awful quite here lately?

Cangel: Sending out a hello to you too!

Norty: Where are you at? Did you ever get moved into your own place?

TOD
Old 11-18-2014, 03:26 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Tod, I can't believe how cold your area is! Its damn cold here too, not sure how cold, I don't bother checking it anymore. Glad to hear you say that it's gonna warm up in the near future though!
I know it must be tough, dealing with Jethro's brain on drugs, but thank God you have gotten yourself straight.... that stuff just steals your life, and takes others hostage as well,, those who love the addict are miserable in a different way. Stay strong and have faith.

Glad TB is alive.. I hope he's gonna be alright. sending you a big hug (((((TB)))))

Live, I recently , because of you, picked up my knitting and have made a few scarves, and am working on three others! trying an infinity scarf, and one scarf I had to do about a foot of it over three times, to get it right. its a long story, and it concerns two balls of yarn in the color I needed, hiding at the store I buy it at!!! and picking up loops at the end of finished knitting.. not a good job, but passable..lol.

I will bag up some stuff tomorrow, to give to goodwill. It IS a nice feeling knowing I don't have to store, or mess with something ever again, I agree.

Amy, and everybody, hello. We should all plan a get-together here soon..lol

love and hugs,
chic
Old 11-18-2014, 04:47 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Chic - a get together sounds like such a wonderful idea

TOD - I talked to a guy I thought was a physical therapist (PT) but guess he just works with them? He told me I needed a heated towel thingie they have for my neck, but I didn't go back there so never got it. I did get some ibuprofen and that helped.

I also have a couple of the lidocaine patches aunt Phyllis gave me for my back, and they help. I just don't want to be partaking in free services from work when I'm still in my probation period. A little less than 2 months, I'll be off probation and have insurance!!!

Live - I love how you say you type like I talk I haven't been reading lately, but am hoping to get back to it. I thought I would be used to the new work schedule, by now, but I seriously just want to check in here and go to bed, still. I guess that's okay since I am busy at work.

Aunt Phyllis just called and told me the funeral arrangements my cousins have made for Matt. They have several feet of snow, frozen ground, so they don't bury until spring? I've heard of this before, just never really been through that.

Love to all!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-19-2014, 12:21 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good morning Hen House!

Day 135!

Chicory! LOL If the temperature wasn't displayed right in front of me? I probably wouldn't keep track of it either! I mean once it's cold? It's friggin cold! We are supposed to get up to 51 by 1:00 PM! And keep getting warmer each day thru Sunday. Then they are slowly going back down. Lots of rain in the next few days too! There are a lot of states with crazy weather right now! I'm just glad we aren't the ones getting a ton of snow!

Yes I hate Jethro being the mindless twerp when he's got the opiates in himself. He's all nice and loving. Then he's all azz and moody! ARGH! Of course it catches me off guard most of the times too. I'll go inside thinking he's okay and then BAM! I get the A-hole himself! I just take myself right on back to the porch room!

With the clean time I have now? I can deal with it a lot better! Sometimes it sucks the breath right out of me, but I remind myself I used to be like him not long ago too. It keeps me reminded of where I don't ever want to be again and I do keep praying Jethro gives up the opiates one day. We have the story of a life time! I don't want to see it all go down the pill bottle! This song can sum it up for me!

Amy: That hand warmer thing just came to mind. I suggested it to you since you were having the pains. There are others out there that might have read it and can try it for themselves?

A dear old man I grew up knowing died a few days ago! He'll be missed by many! He had the full head of white hair and the long white beard too. As well as the full white mustache to go along with it. He played Santa Clause for many a Church! He always wore overalls and was never seen w/o a pencil stuck behind his ear. He and dad are probably living it up seeing each other again!

TOD
Old 11-19-2014, 03:11 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Good morning hen house

Kluck kluck!!!!
Have a good clean day everyone!
Old 11-19-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good afternoon Hen House!

Day 136!

It doesn't seem to matter how many times I ask, tell, beg and even demand Jethro keep the pain pills out of the house! He just doesn't seem to GET it!

I got brave enough to go in his room a little bit ago to do some cleaning! Right? Thinking to myself: "Okay! He knows NOT to keep those pills in the house?" I find a whole bottle of them! I turned the light off in the room and walked out here to my phone. I sent him a not so nice message. So much for getting clean sheets put on his bed!

Of course when I saw the bottle? It was like: Oh CHIT! Then my stomach immediately rolled over with a super sick feeling. A reminder of what the last week on them did to me. Made me sick!

It just angers me to the point I want to screammmmmmmmmm! I put every ounce of willpower and energy I have into staying off them. I would think he'd already know this, but since he's in la la la land most of the time? He doesn't!

I didn't figure he'd answer my text back! Smart man! I guess he can continue living in filth! I couldn't stand looking at his black moldy toilet last week and cleaned it though.

I feel like I'm stuck to live on this porch with my computer, large flat screen TV and phones! Because I'm always afraid of what I'll find in the house.

What a mood killer! I was all fired up to do some house cleaning and then got hit with his stupid pill bottle right in my face! I'm going to try and regroup then get back to it. I have to get the house cleaned and straightened up for mom's arrival with her two little dogs on Monday. I'm going to just shut his bedroom door and stay out of there! There's lots of other places that need my attention too.

TOD
Old 11-19-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by four812 View Post
Good morning hen house

Kluck kluck!!!!
Have a good clean day everyone!
Hello four!! Welcome to the Hen House!

Of course it isn't just about chickens! It's called the Hen House because of all the talking going on!

TOD
Old 11-19-2014, 02:13 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

wow TOD

that must be so tough...I don't know what you did with the pills but maybe you just left them where you found them? or flushed em?

I hope you stay strong. heck i know you will! because you ARE strong.

Four
Old 11-19-2014, 03:00 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh it's one of the spots he's good at hiding pills in! I guess he figured it wasn't a problem now that I have so many clean days! He wasn't worried about me getting into them now! I'm a FREAKING RA for God's sakes! I'm strong and getting stronger by the day! But DAMN! It only takes that one time I THINK I need some relief from pain and I KNOW where to find it! And that my friend is one thing I don't need lying around for temptation!

Hell NO I wasn't going to take any of them! For SOOOOOO many different reasons! I've actually been in and out of the room since finding them several times now. I know they're there, but it doesn't bother me now! I was super pizzed when I posted earlier about them. I guess it just blew me away he'd do that. After all the times I've asked him to keep them OUT of the house. That's disrespectful to ME! You'd think as many times as he's said: "TOD you really need to get off those pills?" He wouldn't keep them anywhere within my reach! ARGH!

TOD
Old 11-19-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Great job TOD. Very proud of you!
Old 11-19-2014, 04:37 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thank You Four! I appreciate your support and kind words!

Jethro arrived home 15 minutes early this evening! I was standing at the kitchen counter fixing a hamburger along with some deep fried potato fries! He was happy to see I had supper cooked and ready when he walked in the door! Nothing was said about the pills. He already knew from what little I was talking? I wasn't a happy camper! Then the kicker happened!

I sat down at the table with my plate of food. He went to the bedroom. Then he stands leaning on the doorway and asked me: "Where are those pills?" You have got to be F'ing kidding ME? I looked at him and said: "Do you really not know where they are?" He said: "NO!" This went on for at least a minute! He then said: "Seriously! I don't know where you found them!" Hmmmmmmmmmm So I told him where I saw them. I heard him say: "Hm when I heard the pills rattling in the bottle!" ARGH!

I had taken so many of his back when I was getting myself ready to go off them that I gave him my bottle of pills when they came in for a replacement! I ran myself out of pills to get ready for CT'ing off them. Only a snafu happened and it would have been difficult to do it at that time. So Jethro helped me to reach my next CT'ing day by giving me some of his. And when my bottle arrived I told him to take it and use it for a replacement. So he just might have hid that bottle and forgot where it was hidden.

I mean when you have pills to take? There isn't any reason to go looking for lost pills. That you didn't know you had lost!

TOD
Old 11-19-2014, 04:39 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Hi Four!!

TOD - Sorry about Jethro leaving the pills around, but you know he's not thinking straight. It doesn't excuse him, but unfortunately it is what it is.

Some lady called in to work to get stronger pain meds for her son. She didn't get her story straight, though, as son (he's in high school) told doc he was doing fine, played basketball this week. Boss lady told doc "the MOM is taking the damned pills!!" and there was no refill or new rx.

So glad that there are a slew of meds in the back and I could care less.

It's starting to warm up here, just a bit. May be near 70 by Sunday with rain? If you don't like the weather down here, just wait a few days and it will change.

Busy, busy day at work, stayed an hour late. Found out we are probably only doing half days next Wed and Fri. I don't have paid time off, yet, though do get paid for taking Thanksgiving off Will just try to work extra to make up for the time off.

I guess dad and I are going to go out to eat somewhere for Thanksgiving.

It's only 7:40 here, and I'm almost ready for bed.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 11-19-2014, 05:11 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Hello four, nice to meet you!

Well TOD ~ it sounds like you don't think he left them there on purpose.
So that is very good.
And you are doing SO well. Huge hug for you!

Hmm Ames, so you have decided to have thanksgiving with your dad after all?
That makes me happy. And going out means no mess, no fuss.

Love to all in the HH (wherever you are....)

V xx
Old 11-19-2014, 05:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Venus - Yes, I did. He can drive me crazy with his codependent self, but he is my dad. He's been there for me when I hated myself, when I've done good and all times in between.

I see so many people losing their loved ones, and my dad isn't getting any younger. Yes, he's doing pretty darned good at 75 years old, but spending Thanksgiving with my dad seems like the right thing to do, and I'm looking forward to it.

Good food and not having to cook or clean up? Oh yeah, that's my kind of Thanksgiving!!!! If I'm lucky, we will go somewhere I can bring home leftovers!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy