Notices

I need help! temp sponser?

Old 09-08-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need help! temp sponser?

i am currently in a acute psych ward for a long term detox from methadone and xanax. I have no access to AA or NA and i am the only addict on the ward so i have no one to talk to. I really could use some support from either email or on the phone. i started on 90 mg's of methadone and now 2.5 months later im on 35. im also on 1 mg of xanax.

is anyone willing to be a temp sponser or even just a friend on the phone.

the fact is, is i am just very lonely and it would be a temendous help to talk to someone on the phone who's been where im at and made it through

as a side note im in brockton mass, in a VA hospital. so i you're close by all the better.

thanks

jeff S.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry about the situation you are in. Until you find someone...continue to post here. We are here 24/7 to support you.

Prayers going up for you!
Old 09-08-2014, 01:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yes cleanin is right this is a group that will help and truly cares about you good luck hang in there
Old 09-08-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks cleannli and brian. I'll just keep praying since the student(me) is ready the teacher wil appear
Old 09-08-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Good deal bud I never could reach out for help you're in the right places I'm definitely not an expert trying to get off pain pills only been two days for me a lot of sound wisdom good luck man i'll pray for you tonight hang in there we can overcome
Old 09-08-2014, 02:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

You're welcome. I agree with Brian...someone will come along. Since you are willing and ready to go forward and you are reaching out....so someone will help you. We also have an NA section. Have you seen that? Maybe there are more members experienced with NA and sponsorships over on that side?

But tell us what's going on with you right now? Are you thru with detox? Are you going to be in there for awhile? What about face to face support? Do they provide meetings over there? I've heard there are online meetings too. Maybe there are sponsors available there too. Also we have a chat room here too. Maybe someone there can help. Are you having cravings?
Old 09-08-2014, 04:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Jeff,
I am in no way, shape, or form to be in a position to be a sponsor of any sorts....but I am a recovering (feels kind of nice to say that) heavy opiate addict. Two months now. And I'm close by, so I know the area. Do keep posting on here. The wealth of information you will receive is invaluable. Also, read read read. Go back and read pages of old posts....sometimes just realizing you are not alone, you are not "unique" in this is helpful in and of itself. I work during the day, but can stop in in the evening to chat with you if you need it. Just hang in there! What you are doing is wonderful!
Old 09-08-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks much everyone,...cleanli im still detoxing. im on 35 mg's of methadone and 1 mg of xanax. as of now every friday i go down 5 more mg's of methadone then after i get thru the methadone detox i detox from the xanax. until im completely clean.

eyesofastranger, thanks very much for your reply 2 months is a good start. the longest ive ever had is 5 months and but i remember even at 2 months i felt amazing and seriously helping other people is what will keep you clean....

have you ever been sober before or is this your first time?
Old 09-08-2014, 05:50 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, let's see....started using about 20 (recreational of course), have always had bad knees, so started using more to help with the pain. Then I was in an awful relationship which is what skyrocketed my usage....then within the last five years have had one ailment after another, including stage three lymphoma...all the while my knees have continued to deteriorate as well. So, I'm 41 now and in the past 21 years I can remember once having 2 months clean. That's it.

I wish I could blame the addiction on my health issues, but the truth is I had the problem prior to that. It just worked(s) as a wonderful justified breeding ground for addiction. I'm not going to lie, there are still days where I wonder if the pain I am in is worth it.

I could be wrong, but I get the sense you are young. Trust me when I tell you don't want to watch your life pass you by - I did.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ok Jeff so you will be there awhile. But it's good that they can monitor you. You can do this. Then if you never ever pick-up you will never have to go thru this again! Never!

Do you attend a program there? Like group meetings with other addicts or is this just for detox?
Old 09-09-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

i am 30 yrs old. been struggling to get sober/clean since i wa 25. but this time is different im totally scared bcause i have 5 open legal cases. one is an unarmed robbery. i have a OUI drug charge. and 3 shopliftings. i have minimal priors but there is 2 misdemeaner priors. i feeel like im scared straight. but i knw i cant do it alone i need help
Old 09-09-2014, 06:35 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

How are you doing today Jeff? Yes, those are some serious things you have going on, and if you can use them as a catalyst to get yourself straight then at least that is one thing that is positive. Do they offer any sort of counseling in the hospital? Any sort of groups you could join in on? Consider this a blessing, and use all the resources to your advantage. You can do this - you are so young and you really can turn this all around!
Old 09-09-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi J

Can I ask what you would like out of sponsorship?

I can give you guidance on taking the first three steps if that is of interest.

I can't help with medical, legal or any other issues outside of addiction itself. Not a shoulder to cry on either.

First 3 steps are simply an admittance, a belief and a prayer.

Doesn't take long or much real work. It is a big decision though, so take the time to decide if you really are "willing to go to any lengths "