Notices

Hen House Talk- All are Welcome, Part 57

Old 08-31-2014, 10:05 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Inquiring minds want to know: WHY was the door closed????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
image.jpg (91.6 KB, 89 views)
Old 08-31-2014, 10:07 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

I may have officially lost my mind. I want another cat. I have two cats, a rescue pit with health problems, and a chihuahua. I don't think one more will be that much more trouble, right??
Old 08-31-2014, 10:41 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

MamaHawk, of course not! one more kittie will not be a problem. but you must find the right one, one that will fit in with the rest. sounds like you have a nice little herd there!

cats, as you surely know, cannot stand a closed door! OG, our little black cat could not abide a closed door! she would throw fits until it was opened and ppfft, all interest was lost!

That fajita potato looks lovely! Is it easy to make? my hubs would like something like that!

(((((yakkie)))) I am so happy things have turned for you. remember these good feelings to draw on in the future if you need them. your girl is lucky to have you and all of us will be happy to write you a referral, of her folks need to know just how lucky their daughter is!

It's a humid night here. Hot and no breeze. Odd for my neighbor. And the city is quiet. I've got our BBQ food ready. I'm going to grill some salmon along with the burgers. I have baked beans and potato salad. fruit salad and whipped cream. Our friends are joining us with some chicken sausages. I have I iced tea and lemonade.

I'm feeling better today, mood wise. Anxious a bit about my medical test results. Hubs and I had a food day. had a huge breakfast at Denny's. Not a fan of Denny's but since my city has decided to cater to the tourist crowd we don't have many options, it's fast food or high end. No real coffee shops or diners. The owners of the last, real diner past over recently so his little restaurant is gone. Shame. best, cheapest breakfasts in town.

Amy, I am so glad you have settled into your new routines! you are so much happier and so much more calm!

OK, I'm going to try to read a bit.

Love from Lenina
Old 08-31-2014, 10:53 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Lenina the potatoes are soooo easy it's ridiculous. Just wash and pierce your potato. Put it in the oven at 400 for 1 hour. (no foil so the skin is crisp!) while it's baking, cut up your chicken, sprinkle with fajita seasoning and sauté it. Add bell peppers and onions if you wish. Take your potato out and cut it, add butter, salt and pepper. Top with your chicken. Then shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, sliced jalepenos, sour cream or ranch! (I just picked up a container of ready made Pico de gallo at our grocery store. They make it fresh everyday.) then ENJOY! It's so easy. You can use beef fajita to or taco meat. We have a BBQ place here that stuffs potatoes with chopped beef! Yummy!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:55 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Oh Lenina I'm glad you feel ok. I hope your tests come back good.
Old 09-01-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Happy Labor day everyone!
gotta work today, but oh well.

(((Jay))) I cannot say how happy it makes me to hear you so happy You already know how we feel about you, right? hugs, and have a great time today. glad you got new shoes too!

(((amy))) hope its a good day, engine light or no! Golden fatso's are looking good, and so is black and white fatso

everyone else, hugs, and have the best day! see ya later.
love
chicory
Old 09-01-2014, 06:10 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

Happy Labor Day to all Reading!

Have a wonderful day and eat plenty!

TOD
Old 09-01-2014, 10:27 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Mamahawk..I am making Chicken fajita baked potato tonight..never heard of it before so
the picture says a thousand words for a visual person like myself..thanks.'

I did look up a recipe just to get the idea..yours looks way better than any
recipe picture..Pretty plates too..nice colors ..
Old 09-01-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Oh you will love them Lauren! They are so good and so easy. Let me know how it turns out. That was sweet about my picture. Thank you!

Hope you all have a great Labor Day! We celebrated Saturday so we aren't doing anything today.
Old 09-01-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

With deepest sympathy for Cangel and her family!
She's requesting virtual hugs and some peaceful thoughts sent up to her son, Alex!
He ODed Thursday night!

Rest in peace Alex!

TOD
Old 09-01-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Cangel..I am so very sorry .. our family will keep you and your family
in our thoughts and prayers for the loss of Alex and for all those that
loved him.

lauren
Old 09-01-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Cangel I am very very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine your pain. Prayers.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

No...

Cangel, my heart aches for you and for your beloved son. May God hold you in His arms and give you strength and comfort. May your darling Alex rest in peace.

I am so so sorry to hear this.
Old 09-01-2014, 05:39 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Cangel - I read this earlier, but was at work with no internet. You popped in my mind, earlier today. I was going to see if I could find your email address from when you helped me with my resume. Something just told me to get hold of you.

Why today, and not Thu., I don't know. I am so very, very sorry. I know nothing I say can ease the grief, but please know that I and all of us at the HH are sending loving hugs, thoughts, and prayers your way and for all who loved Alex.

We are a rather distant family, but we love each other and you are firmly wrapped in hugs.

Love, hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 09-01-2014, 05:47 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm deeply sorry for your loss cangel.

D
Old 09-01-2014, 06:09 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

There is to much pain and sadness in this life. I wish we could all just be safe, happy and at peace.
Old 09-01-2014, 06:33 PM
  # 57 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry to hear of your loss.
Please take gentle care of yourself.

(((((((hugs)))))))))))
Old 09-01-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

((Cangel)) - I'm so sorry. I know that sorry makes nothing better, and half the time I didn't want to hear it, but it comes from people who only wish you good things in your life, and this is a crushing loss. So we are sorry, and we are always here to support you or listen. Hugs today
Old 09-02-2014, 07:00 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Good Morning Hen House!

I know some are wondering about the post I did for Cangel. Cangel has been a huge supporter of mine off of SR! We've become good friends and have talked a lot. We had stuff going on in our own lives for a few weeks and lost touch. I reached out to her and two days later she sent me the message about Alex. I asked if she wanted me to post this news on the HH? She said if I wanted to. I felt we all love Cangel and would want to give her support too! That's why I posted the info for her, so our friends here could also send their condolences.

Thank you all from myself and I'm sure Cangel will check in when she's able to!

TOD
Old 09-02-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Hi HH. Hope you all have a good day. I'm cleaning house today because the rest of the week is filled with appointments and classes. See you all this evening maybe.