Notices

*We* made it Another Day Part 13

Old 08-01-2014, 12:22 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

can't talk much. i'm sorry mama ! i keep my fingers crossed that everything is going to be ok. (((hugs)))

blue we always use golden delice(?) apples

hope everyone is ok! (((hugs)))
Old 08-01-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Mama so glad to have you back and so happy you had such a wonderful time with your husband away. Im sorry you came home so happy and now have this weighting on you. I completely agree with Clean though-do not assume the worst! We tend to worry ourselves to death only to find out it isn't as bad as we thought which I hope is what will be in your case. I do not know if this has been going on for awhile or you just discovered it and had it checked. Not all need surgery and some that do do not have to be deep. Are they absolutely certain you need surgery and it is very deep?
Either way I am praying for you! Please let us know how you made out with the surgeon.

Lost please check in to let us know you are ok. We worry.

Butter enjoy your trip. Thanks for the picture. I love seeing them! We went to Rome on our trip back from Malta and enjoyed it although I know other parts of Italy are more beautiful. Take a pic of the ocean if you can please!

Blue that was very sweet of you to acknowledge the husbands of the addicted ones here and to let them know how much their stories helped you. It must help hearing their stories and struggles from their side as well as how things are going with their spouses. I am so glad things are going well for you and H. It has been a year here for us with RAS too. My husband and I have been saying how much better this summer is compared to last years nightmare. Amazing what a year can do. I just keep praying for everyone to stay to clean!

Clean, when we were younger and the kids were small we had one car for a family of 5 and it was a small honda civic! I would walk the kids to his work (about 2 miles tops) and get the car some days. Finally he bought a beat up truck and then when my youngest was a bit over a year my grandfather died and my dad offered me his car. Funny that he offered it to my twin sister first who had just bought a brand new car with a sunroof and all. Anyway, we finally then had two vehicles and he used out civic to buy a new small mazda truck. It's funny but back then there were no credit cards. We lived on what little we made. Our food bill was 60.00-75.00 and we ate hamburger helper, hamburger in sauce over spaghetti, breakfast for dinner, things like that. People didn't go out to dinner a lot and they sure didn't go and spend lots of money unless it was a special occasion. We just didn't have it but I never felt like I was missing out or in need of anything. Life was much simpler. We owned a small ranch house and it was all ok.
I started cleaning out my closet yesterday, ironing for three hours and then another hour last night so got a lot done. It was mostly my husbands long and short sleeved shirts, some slacks and about 7 of my RAS long sleeved shirts for work.
After doing all the laundry I have about 10 things left which I will not be doing today......or even tomorrow.
I work Sunday but only from 7-11.

Else I am glad you are feeling "ok." Ok isn't bad considering and so glad to hear you do not have PAWS right now. I hope the good feelings continue.

Eyes how are you feeling today? Hope you are enjoying the nice weather since we are supposed to be getting some rain in tomorrow I believe.

Dee how is the house situation going?

Hello Mags and Lily. Lily I haven't seen you in a bit, how are you?
Old 08-01-2014, 01:34 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Mama, Clean is right. Don't let your mind work overtime on this. Take it one step at a time. Worst case scenario is just that. See what the docs have to say. It probably isn't as bad as you fear.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Ok I'm here waiting for the doctor. So worried. I've had this for three months and did nothing. Now I have several more coming up. I feel like an idiot.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Mama we are with you! You are NOT an idiot! You have been so busy with your recovery not to mention all the other things happening around you! Let us know what the surgeon says okay! You will get thru this just like you've gotten thru the your detox and early recovery....one day at a time!

Remember you are Earth Mama and a true warrior?
Old 08-01-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

From me and Butter. She is sending hers telepathic while on the way to Italy.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:18 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by needingabreak View Post

Blue that was very sweet of you to acknowledge the husbands of the addicted ones here and to let them know how much their stories helped you. It must help hearing their stories and struggles from their side as well as how things are going with their spouses.
Mama's thread to me is wonderful because we are all people who are facing a challenge in life and doing our best to get through it, grow as individuals, and lead happier and healthier lives. Its also filled with a sense of all the things important to us as individuals while we are on our respective journey's. Love, family, friends, work, play, nature, animals, hope for the future, facing our fears and healing from past regrets and losses. Its a true recovery thread in every sense because we each view the other as an equal, all of us making our way together. sniffle sniffle, thank you Mama for bringing us all together.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:37 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear this Mamahawk....I had a couple of strange cyst like things pop up last year. It was odd enough to make an appointment with doctor after the third. First they thought I had MRSA (that was scary), then downgraded it to just a regular staph infection, then I saw a dermatologist and found out it was hidradentitis. I know they can need surgery some times, but as the others mentioned that is worst case scenario. Antibiotics and medicated cream cleared mine up and they have not come back (fingers crossed). Wishing you the best - I know you're scared but I think you are a heck of a lot tougher than you give yourself credit for. 75 days? That is beyond impressive! Hang in there!
Old 08-01-2014, 02:46 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Hi all....doing a bit better today, though I am just drained by the end of the week. Think once I figured out I was being triggered (by the end of/beginning of the month thing) I was able to deal with it. I didn't realize what was going on before, but it was like I had an itch I couldn't scratch is the only way I can think to describe it. Just an uneasiness I couldn't explain. Well it's been scratched and I have moved past it for the moment anyway

Woke up this morning and could feel the soupy air. It's been hot this week, but nice and dry. Today the humidity is back and it's nasty! It is supposed to rain Needing - I'm looking forward to it because I hope it takes away some of the humidity (usually does). Else, glad to hear you're feeling "ok" as well. I would be happy with ok right now Sarge, great post!

Clean, I love Mimi! Her face looks like a cupcake with a lit birthday candle on it. Love her! Butter, hope you're having a great time and behaving yourself!
Old 08-01-2014, 08:51 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Well Doc said I may need surgery. We will try some things first. Today they put steroid shots into each cyst. Oh boy did it hurt and burn! Now I will take antibiotics for two weeks and then we will see. I pray I don't have to have surgery. This is my worst nightmare. Because I honestly plan to never take a narcotic again. Even if I have to suffer. I can't wake up the demon. I just can't. I never want to hear it scream again. Right now it just whispers to me. Sometimes everyday but sometimes not...I can't go through this again. Ok there is a lot of cants in this sentence. I know I can get through this. I just don't want to. But I WILL get through it. I am a survivor. Ok so I'm done with this bipolar post. I panicked and pep talked myself in one paragraph...
Thank you all for your support. It means more to me than you know! It really helps me survive.

Blue...I never thought it about that way but I can see what you mean. As the spouse of an addict it must be comforting to hear how our spouses are supporting us. It can be a great source of ideas also! I to feel this a a true place to recover. It comforts me to have this place. It's my support group. My meeting! I feel there is nothing I can't say here and I have no fear of judgement. I love that each of us brings something different to the group. I love that we can be deep or silly with each other. I don't feel I brought us together though. I just put out a plea for support one day and then somehow you all found your way here. It's been a great source of comfort to me and I'm glad it has to you also!

Clean how did your appt go? Are you tapering off if subs or did you decide to stay on? Keep me in the loop!

Eyes hang in there!

Where is Lost?

Butter I will miss you!!

Needing thank you so much for your support!

Else...feeling OK is enough! In fact it's great! Keep hanging on! Your pics were beautiful!
Old 08-01-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

It will be okay. Try to keep calm. The antibiotics and steroids will quiet the infection and inflammation and make any surgery required that much easier. You may not even need any. Take a deep breath here. Follow the doctors orders exactly. And drink plenty of water. It will be ok. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, Elseware
Old 08-01-2014, 09:49 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Thank you Elsie. I'm so glad I have y'all! I will need you all through this.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:17 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Welcome Back Mamahawk. I have been checking in on the thread to see when you returned.... Im sorry you had to make a trip to the doctor as soon as you got home, but hopefully this is something that will resolve with some treatment. I know it must be very scary to think of facing surgery. My husband first started pain meds because he suffered a sports injury. He had surgery twice, did physical therapy then got messed up with the pills. We were afraid he was going to have to go through it again but with therapy, and time its better and I think its not going to be necessary now. It was sort of a big worry in the back of our minds for a long time so I know the fear. But in truth worrying doesn't do us any good. Following the doctors advice, taking good care of yourself with meals and lots of water hopefully your body will respond and wipe this out.

Now, any juicy stories from Vegas? Or are they going to stay in Vegas? LOL
Old 08-01-2014, 11:23 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope they can find a non surgical solution Mama

D
Old 08-01-2014, 11:27 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello MIAD folks!

I made it thru Day 26!

Already got late on me here! It's 1:30 am! I've been busy doing posts, cooking supper, watching TV, taking care of the kids, laundry, yaddie yaddie yaddie

Mama: Man! It truly is one of my fears to have medical/dental procedures done and not have the pain meds to take afterwards. But there are multiple things out there to use in the place of pain meds! So that's the direction I'll be heading in! I'm like you as far as the pain meds. I don't want to go down this road again! My retread days is just about to run out of tread on my old self! And like I read here somewhere a few years ago; "I don't know how many Detoxes I have left in me"!

Butter: That's a great picture! Have fun on your vacation!

Cleanin: So you've been "shining things"! It does make me feel good to see things clean and shiney! And smelling good! Keep up the good work! Really cute picture of Mimi!

Eyes: Oh I hate the humidity! I can't breathe in it! We've had several really cool days here and it's supposed to start warming up again. I can deal with the heat, but not the humidity! Glad to see you are still doing the up and down on your Recovery! The UP days will only improve the longer you're off the pain meds. Are you using other stuff to help with your pain?

Else: Hello there!

Needing: I love listening to my parents and older generation tell their stories of the old days. My Dad is no longer with us, but I did get some recordings of him telling his stories. They lived in such simpler times. Of course we three sisters lived in those days too. We had to figure out how to entertain ourselves and me being a Tomboy I rode my horse and bikes all over the countryside!

Blue: Thanks for the mention of our spouses and how you learn from us talking about them. In previous days when I was coming off the pain meds Jethro would be a big help to me. Now? Not so much! He usually comes home from work, jumps in the shower and sits on the floor in front of his laptop. Watches TV and then gets up to eat supper when I get it done. Then he's back on the floor cruising the Internet and watching shows. Then hours later he's crawling in bed. So the support isn't there like it used to be! But in his own way he is supporting me! I look at him and miss the Jethro that's in there! And I know I don't want to be like him again. For someone that's told me for years he's seen way too much drug/alcohol problems he'll not go down that road! Well! He's there now and he doesn't even realize it. So I'm pretty much on my own here as far as staying off the pain meds! I get angry with him for the way he's acting now on the pain meds and on the other hand I get really sad at how he is.

Lost: What's UP?

Sarge
Old 08-01-2014, 11:30 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hello Allfor! I just finished answering a post from you a little while ago! And then you appear here behind me! Hmmmmmm ROFL

Sarge
Old 08-01-2014, 11:46 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post

Got it
Mimi is so handsome. How do you ever tear yourself away from him and that little nose. I would spoil him rotten.... Has he grown a lot since you first got him? I cant judge size on the pics ; thinking of the ones on Animal Planet a while back.
Old 08-01-2014, 11:51 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tiredofdrugs View Post
Hello Allfor! I just finished answering a post from you a little while ago! And then you appear here behind me! Hmmmmmm ROFL

Sarge
I see... and it looks like you have a new name now? Sarge... I like it TOD. It makes a nod to your military background, and also well you have won a few stripes over the years dealing with addiction and recovery I think. And its also cute. LOL

I was heading to AP next. I wanted to see if you could id the spider. LOL Our "Mr Legs" hes not as cute as Mimi, but my son likes to watch for him. Boys - what can you do.

I wasn't here last night.. I was getting caught up on Project Runway and eating watermelon. LOL
Old 08-01-2014, 11:53 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Hi sarge! Thanks! Will write more later....just wanted to thank alfor too....and answer her question. Mimi is twice as big...at least....maybe more. They said he's a dwarf bunny. Sarge do you think they're right? They were wrong about the sex....so I don't trust them....he seems pretty big...idk how large dwarf bunnies get though?
Old 08-02-2014, 12:36 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

I remember now you said he was a dwarf bunny - but he looks pretty big to me. I have no idea about bunny breeds however.. Its funny they got the sex wrong. Maybe he is really a JackRabbit? LOL