Notices

*We* made it Another Day Part 13

Old 08-28-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 461 (permalink)  

haha clean you're crazy! but cute and you make me feel good. Can you tell that B, please?
Old 08-28-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 462 (permalink)  

Hello Mama and everyone! Checking back in! I'm down in California without my own computer so I've borrowed somebody's tablet to say hi. My family is down here and we've been visiting for a while. It sure is hot down here. Whew! This weekend we are in Sausalito for the big art show where my son will be exhibiting his work. Grandchildren, beach. You know. I am doing very fine. Sleeping in every morning. Aug 30 marks my year off the pills with one slip up but I still feel good about my hard work.

I hope you are all doing well. I will be home next week and will be back here a little more regular. Love to you all
Old 08-28-2014, 05:43 PM
  # 463 (permalink)  

Hi Elsie!

We missed you here! But i'm happy you're doing so well and you're having a good time with your family! Enjoy your time And say Hi to California from me! A year ago I was there too Love to you back
Old 08-28-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 464 (permalink)  

Elsie that wonderful news! I wondered where you've been! This is a very good reason for not being here! I'm so happy for you! It looks like you are having a great time. Wow on your son the artist. You never told us that! I'll bet his work is amazing! Double wow on your year clean! You deserve some fireworks for that!

Old 08-28-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 465 (permalink)  

Elsie i'm so sorry.... I completely missed that! 1 year clean is amazing!!! Congratulations and you can feel very good about yourself and your hard work! Be proud! Well done
Old 08-28-2014, 10:14 PM
  # 466 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

One year is amazing Else. I am very proud of you. Have fun at the art show. Sound like an amazing trip!
Old 08-29-2014, 04:06 AM
  # 467 (permalink)  

Well done Elsie! Hopefully soon you won't even have an AV anymore!

Has anyone heard from Eyes? I mailed her but didn't get a response
Old 08-29-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 468 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Lost I mailed her to but no response. Hopefully someone will hear from her soon. I'm sure she is just busy.

How are you Lost? Feeling any better with the anxiety and depression?
Old 08-29-2014, 07:37 AM
  # 469 (permalink)  

Better than say week 2 and 3, but still really down. The anxiety has improved though. I think the issue here is that I smoked a bit during weeks 3 and 4 to help with sleep and now I'm going through the withdrawals from cannibis, so my mood is just poop.

Having said all that, I'm feeling better than I was, and I'm sure that after another couple weeks the THC will be gone and I'll hopefully be feeling better.

Thank you for asking Mama, you're such a sweet person. How are you doing? You seem to be battling a little but pulling through, are you feeling any better? Big hugs for you. How's your owl?
Old 08-29-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 470 (permalink)  
Mamahawk

Thanks for asking lost. It's just a battle you know. Some days it's hard, some days it's better. I have been struggling a bit. As I get more freedom my triggers start to blow up. Driving, handling money, these are huge triggers for me. I find the big triggers just zap me mentally and physically. But At the end of the day I really do like saying I MADE IT!

Just stay strong Lost. I promise it will get better. I think it will be awhile before we are 100% but we are getting there. Is the insomnia any better? I know that was Hard for you. Me to. I thought it would do me in!

Keep holding on Lost.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:11 AM
  # 471 (permalink)  

Good Day everyone !!

Else its so good to see you back. One year is beautiful and its a lot of hard work too. Dont let the slip mess with your mind and take away anything from what youve accomplished. CELEBRATE !!

Lost and Mama: thank you both for checking in.

Where is Butter today?

Hi Clean !!

I am a lady of leisure today. I was working extra and had to get a couple things finished because I have the day off today. But we are going to this dinner thing later on and I have to dress up. I am so happy in my comfy clothes playing with the dog, and watching the squirrels. I dont want to go back out there into the big bad world!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 472 (permalink)  

Hi Blue, Hi Clean

Butter is right here. i am a bit sentimental today. I have this app that shows you what ypu posted on social media a year/2 years/ 3 years from today... it's cool. 3 years ago i was a total mess, i was stuck in boston due to a hurricane, i should have flown home. it was a weird situation. i was hurtinh so bad. 3 years later i am here again and so happy bout it 1 year ago i left LA on the train to chicago... it was a great trip... so i remember that too.

but i need to get cracking. Need to make a plan what i still need to buy. I need shoes that's for sure.

Your evening sounds like fun but hanging around in comfy clothes and playing with the doh sounds fun too enjoy it
Old 08-29-2014, 11:28 AM
  # 473 (permalink)  

Hi Blue glad you have the day off today! Its always nice to see you! Maybe you can hang with us a little more today? I hear ya on the dressing up part. There was a time I loved to dress up formally...but not so much anymore. When hubby was with the college it was kind of fun to attend those formal dinners. Chat with the others...until they would discuss the latest chemical research being done.....that's when my eyes would glass over and my brain became fuzzy.... Stifle a few yawns here and there. But the food was good.

Good to see lost and mama in the house.

Where is butter today? Butter....come out come out where ever you are! Hmm....hope she didn't get lost in Boston!

Blue my daughter just left to go to Atlanta with a friend. She's attending the Dragon Com.
They are supposedly driving 13 hours there and back attending the convention without sleeping. Don't believe it! I'm sure they will feel differently once they get there. Ha!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 474 (permalink)  

Hey butter! I was posting at the same time! Ha! Good to see you darling buttercup!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:34 AM
  # 475 (permalink)  

Butter was that Hurricane Sandy? That was horrible! I worked with people who lost their homes. We were lucky....didn't even lose power....not sure how that happened. The gas lines were out of this world! We waited 8 hours to fill our tank half way! Just awful!

But I really felt for those who lost loved ones and their homes to the devastation.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:36 AM
  # 476 (permalink)  

yes! blue you can hang with us today :-) finally no work that is keeping you from it
Old 08-29-2014, 11:43 AM
  # 477 (permalink)  

No,it was Hurricane Irene. Here in Boston it wasn't as bad as expected, so for me it was mainly boring. I was stuck at home with my awkward roommate (I had an awesome one and an awkward one). But my flight got cancelled and i was stuck here for a few more days.

I think sandy was way worse especially in your area. That must be so horrible when a hurricane really hits.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 478 (permalink)  

Hi Lost, Hi Mama, sorry i didn't go back to read your posts. Nice to see you here again!
Old 08-29-2014, 11:52 AM
  # 479 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
Hi Blue glad you have the day off today! Its always nice to see you! Maybe you can hang with us a little more today? I hear ya on the dressing up part. There was a time I loved to dress up formally...but not so much anymore. When hubby was with the college it was kind of fun to attend those formal dinners. Chat with the others...until they would discuss the latest chemical research being done.....that's when my eyes would glass up and my brain became fuzzy.... Stifle a few yawns here and there. But the food was good.

Good to see lost and mama in the house.

Where is butter today? Butter....come out come out where ever you are! Hmm....hope she didn't get lost in Boston!

Blue my daughter just left to go to Atlanta with a friend. She's attending the Dragon Com.
They are supposedly driving 13 hours there and back attending the convention without sleeping. Don't believe it! I'm sure they will feel differently once they get there. Ha!
how cool your daughter is going there. Does she have a special interest in any particular sci fi? I think this is one where some people dress in costumes, and I bet there will be lots of tech stuff too. I must be getting old because driving for 13 hours and then going to the convention with no sleep sounds exhausting. I would want a few hours at least !! I hope she has fun. I bet your younger kids are jealous she gets to go to all these places.

Same thing with husbunny and these work things. Its hard to meet people and hold the conversation when they turn it to some topic your not familiar with, or you hadnt heard about this " big thing" happened and they were part of it. Dont want to show a lack of enthusiasm because I know it means a lot to them. Once we went to one and they served these appetizers and it was so good. I told him when I get older ( i think you have to be older to pull this off) Im going to start carrying a ziplock baggie in my purse and stashing some to take home. He laughed, and said he doesnt ever think I will turn into a bag lady. He hopes not !! But when your eyes glass over and your brain gets fuzzy you start thinking these thoughts.
Old 08-29-2014, 11:57 AM
  # 480 (permalink)  

haha you make me laugh girls but you get to dress up and wear nice dresses I never get the chance to do that..

haha i love the bag idea Blue it will save you from making dinner