Notices

*We* made it Another Day Part 12

Old 07-30-2014, 03:37 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by buttercup89 View Post
Blue shall we tell her about the chocolate? i think it might be good to have a sargent ;-)

haha it is crazy TOD. we just had a vote about new fighter jets, and it was pretty close, because no one understand why we would need new fighter jets... we're switzerland, who should attack us? so, a few weeks before the votation a airplane was highjacked in italy and they came to switzerland. they were accompagnied by an italian and french jet and it came out that switzerland couldn't be there because our af is only allowed to start during office hours... i mean this would have been the perfect justification for new jets, but yeah after that they lost badly...
Oh wow, this must have been a little embarrassing for Switzerland. But you all are neutral.

I think yes tell her about the chocolate. I will even have to direct her back to my Turd Cake fiasco. It must be on thread 5 or 6 ? The Turd is now lost.

Get her a guy with a tractor TOD. But dont tell Mama or Clean. I think they want her to have a city boy. But there is even a song about boys and tractors.
Old 07-30-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Old 07-30-2014, 03:41 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

haha welcome to switzerland tod you get used to it...

i see blue it's very complex... i totally understand him. I mean having this sober adviser is reminding him that he screwed it up at work. probably something that was/is very important to him. i think he might feel as if he's less professional since he has to do that, while the counsellor is something private... poor husbunny, it's not an easy situation...but in the end i think it's good that he has so much support.

in the end, and i freaking hate this sentence (probably because it's so true) it takes time... a lot of time..
Old 07-30-2014, 03:46 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

One to share!

TOD
Old 07-30-2014, 03:47 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

blue, we saw that country boys can't handle my internationality...i need a city guy who appreciates that... i need something different, B is a country boy too...

haha tod, there are many bunkers in our mountains. because the plan during world war 2 in case switzerland was attacked, was to give up the flat area in the north of switzerland and go to the mountains and fight from there...

and somehow i ended up telling we keep all our chocolate in those bunkers in order to protect it

thank you for the advice.. that's a good one!

what you too? because of a man? i don't like that. poor butter,i'm all alone ok, so i'll eat the chocolate myself..

lol, enjoy your evening tod and blue! see you tomorrow!
Old 07-30-2014, 08:15 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Got lost in space today. Been too busy to think. We're having big thunderstorms. It's been exciting but scary because lightening is always striking something around here. And it starts the big fires. We've been on alert for flash floods, too. But the sky image-3032384486.jpg image-311746220.jpg is beautiful right now. There is a huge rainbow and the light is lemon colored. Love to you all!
Old 07-30-2014, 10:15 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Else!

Beautiful pictures! Is this in your yard? I saw something on the news earlier about flooding in y'all's area. Hope you are high and dry!!!!

TOD
Old 07-31-2014, 01:25 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Just wanted to pop in and tell MIAD crew I'm heading to bed! It's 3:30 am. This rain is making it hard to hold my eyes open as it hits this tin roof!

Everyone take a deep breath and put your right foot forward, then your left foot forward! Pull your right foot back and then your left foot back! Then shake it all about!

Oh WAIT! That's a game I played in preschool!

Baby steps all you early Recovery folks!

TOD
Old 07-31-2014, 02:02 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone!

oh it has been quiet here last night.
Eyes? Clean? Lost? I guess these are the missing ones.
I hope mama is enjoying her trip

Well, i feel as if i did what tod said... i made step forward but i feel as if i took one step back again. Feeling the same way as a couple weeks ago... it's so hard.

i will have to do some stuff today so that will keep me distracted

i hope y'all are either sleeping peacefully or are having a good day

oh before i forget it: Those pictures are beautiful
Old 07-31-2014, 02:09 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been out for a few days with a migraine...all fine now hope everyone's doing ok

D
Old 07-31-2014, 02:32 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

hey Dee! glad you're feeling better! i'm sorry i forgot to mention you before
and i love your signature. It's beautiful
Old 07-31-2014, 09:41 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  

Hi everyone!

First off I want to tell Elsie your pics are lovely! Just gorgeous......reminds me of the old western movies. Never been that far west....except California and flew there so I didn't get to see all the various landscapes out there.....so Elsie those pics are really a treat! Thank you! I hope you are ok....no lightning struck up a fire around there.

TOD how are you too? I think I read thunderstorms in your area.....so I hope all is well with you and yours. I love the name Sarge too...it fits you....I vote for a switch to Sarge! (Hand raised) what is it now....day 24? glad you are able to get so much done around your house and yard.

Blue so glad husbunny is doing much better. That's awesome that you had more happy faces on your chart. Great exercise too btw! I doubt you would have noticed that if you weren't following Sarge's great idea and documenting. I know for me I tend to notice the bad days more..because it takes more effort to overcome them....they stand out in my mind. I'm glad jaguar is back and enjoying his life of tree-climbing and scampering across the yard. I'll bet all the neighborhood squirrels are enjoying the peanuts. You inspired me to toss some peanuts out in our yard yesterday. I only had salted ones though.....hope I'm not contributing to an epidemic of hypertension amongst our squirrel population. My little squirrel, youngest saw them out on the table and was munching on them too. She made a nice mess of shells trying to pry them open.

Butter you're becoming a real jet-setter......traveling must be in your horoscope.....because you sure are doing a lot of it! Perfect....for getting your mind off certain things.....and for healing!

Eyes and lost we missed you last night....but look who's talking. I got busy doing family stuff last night....so I missed a lot of you.

Hi Needing lovely day out here......thinking of you. Any more beach days planned? I will have to plan to take the car one day soon and take the crew to the beach. It's very unusual that its almost August and I still have yet to go. I used to spend at least 3 to 4 days out of the week at the beach. Course it was before we bought the house and had a yard with a pool setup for the kids. Parks and beaches were our summer entertainment.
Old 07-31-2014, 09:52 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

haha yes... i love travelling! if i could i would travel all year round. unfortunately, this year i can't do a big trip, so i try to do several smaller ones. And i agree, it's perfect for healing. i am a water person so sitting at the beach/lake always helps me to calm down and recover. so i am looking forward to it.

i am already planning my first trip in the us i sure need some adventure

haha if i were you clean i would spend every single day at the beach

oh oh i better get cracking.... otherwise my mom is going to rip my head off lol
Old 07-31-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 494 (permalink)  

Ok butter! Hope you have fun!

Dee good to see you back....sorry I missed you up there....I'm still waking up! I hate that you have so much pain though...migraines are crippling! I've had the good fortune of only having a few in my lifetime....but I remember those been so painful that I literally could not move and was so sick to my stomach as well. I love your signature too!
Old 07-31-2014, 10:42 AM
  # 495 (permalink)  

Beautiful pictures Else

Hi Clean and Butter I see you both here. Then i will look again and you will be gone.

The vet came by last night and carried jaguars release kennel away. He didnt get to see her because it was late in the day and no squirrels were out. But we sat outside for a while and talked, and he shared stories of his life as a vet and working with animals and their people. Some were very funny.

Now Im at work and blah stuff to do.

Butter my plan is to try the apple recipe tonight. Sounds yummy !!

Last edited by BlueChair; 07-31-2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: to verify, yep their both gone by time I posted :(
Old 07-31-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 496 (permalink)  

i am here !!! aaaw let me know how it goes! i should tell you that you have to make thin sclices . otherwhise the apples will be raw and. taste awful

Last edited by buttercup89; 07-31-2014 at 10:50 AM. Reason: oh no... now i missed blue :(
Old 07-31-2014, 02:06 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

HI Everyone. Congratulations on day 24 TOD. You are doing great!

Else thank you for sharing the pics. I have not been to Oregon either, like Clean only as far as California, although I have been to Vegas and on the corner in AZ. It looks beautiful there.
Where is LOST and when is Mama due back from vacation?
Clean I have not been back to the beach but hopefully sometimes in the next couple days. They called me a little bit ago to see if I wanted to work tomorrow. I said no. I am working Sunday already (though it is only 7-11) and I honestly do not feel like it. I ironed for 3 hours today (I hate ironing) and cleaned out clothes from one closet (they were not ironed and some needed to be tossed).
We have two closets in our bedroom, one a cedar and the other more of a small walk in. I have one as summer and one winter and was thinking of making H's closet the cedar and mine the small walk in. Think it makes more sense but there is so much more stuff in there on shelves and what not.
RAS took my car again because he said his brakes squeal. Hoping to get his new car bought and registered by Monday at the latest. I hate not having a car!

My daughter, husband and kids came over last night for dinner. We really enjoyed having them. Tonight I am going to veg. H and I walked today finally. We hadn't in awhile and I could tell. Ive been snacking during the day which is not helping at all.

Butter how are you doing? getting ready for your trip?
Blue, Dee, Lost hope you are all doing well. Dee so glad to hear you are feeling much better.
Old 07-31-2014, 02:14 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

hi needing How are you? Tonight you're going to veg.? what does that mean?

i'm doing okay.. had some bad days regarding B. but i'm trying to hang in there.. what other choice do i have, right? I'm looking forward to my vacation that starts tomorrow finally some beach time for me

I've been wondering the same things.. Eyes where are you? Lost hasn't been here either... I think mama went on vacation for a week... so she might be back on the weekend?
Old 07-31-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi MIAD folks!

I'm on day 25 here! It's doing a slow rain and I need to get myself ready and head into town. Much needed items I'm now out of! ARGH! I hate it! Wish I could just call the stuff in and have it delivered here in an hour!

I'll be back later!

Sarge signing off for now! ROFL
Old 07-31-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by buttercup89 View Post
hi needing How are you? Tonight you're going to veg.? what does that mean?

i'm doing okay.. had some bad days regarding B. but i'm trying to hang in there.. what other choice do i have, right? I'm looking forward to my vacation that starts tomorrow finally some beach time for me

I've been wondering the same things.. Eyes where are you? Lost hasn't been here either... I think mama went on vacation for a week... so she might be back on the weekend?
Butter! You really need to get out more! LOL

Veg means to just lay around and munch on anything you want to eat. No cooking supper and doing nothing of importance! I've had several of those days in the past 25 days!

TOD