Notices

*We* made it Another Day Part 12

Old 07-29-2014, 09:23 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Lost!

Glad to hear GF got some nice - happy gifts! I'm 54 years old so whatever makeup I find on the wal-mart shelf that might make me look younger? I'm all for it! ROFL And since I don't go anywhere but maybe once every other week? I wear even less of it!

I'm on day 23 off the meds! I heard a song on the radio today that reminded me I need to post it here! I'll have to go find it and do that. Maybe you'll like this one better?

Hang in there kiddo! Each day does help to get the crap out of our systems so that we do start feeling like somebody again and not just a punching bag anymore! Whenever my car door creaks after I've driven many miles in aday? I tell it "I feel the same way! I'm tired too"!

TOD
Old 07-29-2014, 09:50 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here ya go everyone! For our group here!

TOD
Old 07-30-2014, 02:06 AM
  # 443 (permalink)  

good morning guys !

it's a beautiful song TOD, it's funny that you post it because i had to think about why i know it and then i remembered that they played it on a tv show called "army wives". i used to watch it when i was in the US, so that's how I got in touch with the army... probably not the most accurate way lol.

I will go to school in Boston. It's an exchange semester. yeah, the boston accent can be funny sometimes lol. now i wonder how they speak in arkansas.

Lost, haha a girl can never have too much make up ;-) i'm happy that your gf liked your gifts

i woke up earlier and couldn't go back to sleep. so i'm hanging out here. Someone else here?

mama i hope you're having a great time with your hubby and that you're enjoying las vegas miss you here! lots of hugs to you!
Old 07-30-2014, 02:08 AM
  # 444 (permalink)  

I'm kinda here... at work atm but it's almost quitting time, then straight home to my couch!

Any plans today Buttercup?
Old 07-30-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 445 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Oh Butter! That's how you got in touch with the Army? WAY too funny! Try going thru 9 weeks of Army Basic Training and then 12 weeks of Active Initial Training! That's how I got in touch with the Army! LOL

TOD
Old 07-30-2014, 02:21 AM
  # 446 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi Lost!

You folks on the other side of the world keep me confused on the time! LOL It's way past my bedtime. It's 4:23 AM! I'm up late doing hubby's laundry!

TOD
Old 07-30-2014, 02:38 AM
  # 447 (permalink)  

ehm.. no i think i'll stick with the tv show, the couch and some popcorn lol... i would never ever make it through basic training... i guess the coaches or whatever you call them would have a very good laugh... but my biggest respect to you!

i'm really fascinated how much appreciation soldiers and the army receives and how important it is. that's something that's completely different than here in switzerland. did you know, that our airforce is only working during office hours? lol.

yay, it's only 11.37am here... so i have a full day ahead... no, no big plans... take it easy and distract me with some work... i need it today... your plan on relaxing on the couch sounds very good to me! how are you today?
Old 07-30-2014, 02:50 AM
  # 448 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Thanks Buttercup! The coaches are actually Drill Sargents!

Those weeks of training prepared me for the next 23 years though! A long time in combat boots!

We are on duty 24/7! Our soldiers are getting way more attention this go round than they did back during Vietnam! People are starting to realize exactly what the soldiers are doing in trying to keep the US safe! We veteran's are starting to receive better care at the VAH's too! It's taken us women a LONG time to get the care we've needed as far as on a female scale of things!

Are you trying to say you would make a good Private Benjamin? The movie type!

Y'all enjoy your day/evening! It's almost 5:00 AM and this old gal is heading to bed!

TOD
Old 07-30-2014, 10:40 AM
  # 449 (permalink)  

heck guys, what's up? we're fading... we used to be on top of the forum and now i had to look for our thread! where are y'all?

i'm nervous... i put my old computer on the swiss version of ebay and the auction ends in a few hours. So far no one has made an offer... but i want to sell it so i can buy a new one.
Old 07-30-2014, 11:56 AM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Hi Butter, Lost, TOD, Clean, Blue, Eyes, Else and Mama. ..and anyone else. I may have missed.
Yep people are very busy now. Some are getting ready to go back to school, others on vacation. Busy time of year!
I have trouble and hate typing when on my kindle. Luckily H left his computer here! Some of the other threads are slow as well.

Lost, is HK for Hong Kong? I wasn't sure if that was where you might be? Don't laugh at me!

TOD I think you vets do not get nearly enough! OB trying to cut everything greatly upsets me. Those serving have had meals cut, weapons that do not work and I feel like the government doesn't do anything for them! Anyone who has served this country deserve so much more.
I think all boys should go into the military. My SIL is in the Coast Guard and he loves it. Best thing he ever did. We kept telling RAS to go in but he wouldn't and then at 27 he decides he wants to and it's too late. They have a waiting list now because no one can get jobs and the recruiter told him (this was 3 years ago) even if he got 100 on his test he still wouldn't be called because there are so many younger people trying to get in. I know he would be a much more responsible adult if he had. He is getting there but it is taking time.

Lost did your GF receive the gifts yet? She is very lucky to have such a thoughtful BF.
How are you feeling today?
Butter what are you up to?
Old 07-30-2014, 12:43 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Hi All us MIAD!

Butter: Some of us WERE asleep! Remember my post around 5:00 am? LOL Just woke up an hour ago! Trying to wake up with my coffee! Man my fingers are stiff on the keyboards when I first get up!

Day 24 here w/o the pain meds! Woot Woot!

TOD
Old 07-30-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

miad?

lol sleep is totally overrated tod... who needs sleep ;-) lol congrats on 24 days

i had to look up private benjamin but yes that would be me ;-)

needing, in switzerland every guy has to go to the army and no, they aren't more responsible or anything, but they know how to make their beds lol. but i think our army is obviously very different.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:18 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Butter: MIAD ='s Made It Another Day!!

TOD
Old 07-30-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

aah... now i get it. sorry i am veeeery slow sometimes lol
Old 07-30-2014, 01:22 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by buttercup89 View Post
aah... now i get it. sorry i am veeeery slow sometimes lol
I'm not saying another word about it! Y'all came up with the Thread name! No me! I was just invited to stay!

TOD
Old 07-30-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

lol.... actually you are the first one who used an abbreviation for it... i guess i'll take the "i don't speak english" joker lol. figuring out abbreviations in a different language is quite tricky ;-)
Old 07-30-2014, 02:25 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

heck guys, what's up? we're fading... .
no we're melting

Old 07-30-2014, 02:27 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by EyesOfAStranger View Post
You all are amazing, I agree with Clean - the diversity is wonderful! And each story is as touching as the last. What a truly incredible group of people, I really mean that. You have no idea how much each and every one of you has helped me on this journey, just making it day to day. (((Thank you)))

You know Blue, interesting that you should say that. I used to love crafting years ago, back in my late teens early 20's, even sometimes sold stuff at local craft fairs. I must have gotten some urge recently because I went to Michaels and bought all sorts of modeling clay stuff a few months ago - tried it out once and then promptly packed it up and haven't used it since. Part of it was I don't have a lot of room to keep it all out, but I got a lot (I'm always overdoing it on whatever I do lol). I need to bring it back out and get back in to some sort of crafting, or art type stuff because I really have always enjoyed it. Thank you!!!
Maybe you went a little too big with your attempt to get back into crafting? It was overwhelming to think of all the work involved? Same thing happened to me when I started with the capiz shell chandelier. I ordered hundered of those little shells except I forgot to specify I wanted the ones with holes already cut in them. So I tried to do it on my own. It sounds easy doesn’t it? But they are so thin and fragile when you go to cut them, with my lack of expertise I was cracking or shattering them. I finally ordered more with the holes pre cut. But still I shed a lot of tears making it. But it was also healing in its own way .
Old 07-30-2014, 02:30 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

I'm not familiar with who all is on this Thread! So it was easier to address everyone as MIAD! That way I didn't miss anyone!

Yes! The different ways we talk can get confusing! Like others! I'll usually ask the person what does that mean or stand for? I actually had a post removed because of my Southern way of talking! LOL I'm glad there's a MOD that understood what I was saying and it was put back on the Thread! Shew!

I had to run and take a shower or I would have answered you back sooner! We have some heavy storms moving into the area tonight! It's already been raining off and on earlier today.

TOD
Old 07-30-2014, 02:31 PM
  # 460 (permalink)  

ehm.. no i think i'll stick with the tv show, the couch and some popcorn lol... i would never ever make it through basic training... i guess the coaches or whatever you call them would have a very good laugh... but my biggest respect to you!

i'm really fascinated how much appreciation soldiers and the army receives and how important it is. that's something that's completely different than here in switzerland. did you know, that our airforce is only working during office hours? lol.
I think its best for the military to be voluntary. I have a lot of respect for people who devote their lives to the country and protecting all of us, but its not a place for a lot of people. It could probably be very traumatizing for some. I would be right there with you Butter, we would be Private Butter, and Private Blue and our Sarg TOD would have her hands full I think. I don’t even think they allow people to have complete access to chocolate, can you imagine?

But this is a little concerning Butter. I thought the Swiss Chocolate was stored in one of the underground bunkers high in the mountains? But your saying the military force protecting it goes off duty at 5pm. This doesn’t sound very secure. Maybe we could volunteer to watch it one night?