Notices

It's crazy

Old 07-21-2014, 08:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's crazy

Just found out a decent guy I grew up with got popped for rx fraud and conspiracy to distribute. Last year, another guy I went to school with (attorney) started doing 20 months in fed prison for the same thing. Another friend of mine's brother was stabbed to death a few years back over a disagreement over drug money (oxy). All grew up in good homes, great educations, ect.

If you are using, stop. This stuff can happen to anyone and it's not if, it's when.
Old 07-21-2014, 06:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I don't understand. Were you under the impression that legal drugs were somehow less dangerous, or that drug addicts/dealers can't come from good homes and background?

I find the term "crazy" to be a form of projection, as things are incapable of being crazy, just people. It's what they say when they're faced with information that causes a bit of cognitive dissonance, so crazes start, and they confirm this by saying something like, "things are crazy".

Drugs don't care if you're poor, rich, parents divorced, honor roll student, phd, ged, or anything else. They are incapable of having these biases. Only individuals hold these biases.
Old 07-21-2014, 07:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you for posting TE! So true "it's not a matter of IF its WHEN"! Missed you my friend!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:42 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pl3bscheese View Post
I don't understand. Were you under the impression that legal drugs were somehow less dangerous, or that drug addicts/dealers can't come from good homes and background?

I find the term "crazy" to be a form of projection, as things are incapable of being crazy, just people. It's what they say when they're faced with information that causes a bit of cognitive dissonance, so crazes start, and they confirm this by saying something like, "things are crazy".

Drugs don't care if you're poor, rich, parents divorced, honor roll student, phd, ged, or anything else. They are incapable of having these biases. Only individuals hold these biases.
No, I know dope doesn't discriminate. I guess my point was, these people had alot of options available to them and still chose a bad path. Plus, they threw away lives most people would love to have. Like most of the people on SR, they didn't fit the mold of the stereotypical addict. I'm sure they felt immune due to their station but as you said, it doesn't matter.