Notices

I wanted to say goodbye...

Old 04-18-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Night owl

I wanted to say goodbye...

Without disappearing. I was inspired to do a lot of thinking last night and was able to catalyze and crystallize thoughts and feelings I have been feeling and trying to clarify. It's helped me realize that it is time for me to take some time from SR to focus on some other aspects of my healing.

I need to focus on the causes of my addiction which are the trauma, torture, PTSD, depression, etc. If I am ever to have hope of healing my addiction I must work on healing all of these.

And finally I realize and accept that Soberrecovery is not a forum for these specific issues. They may come up in the course of discussing our addictions and issues but this is not the primary focus. And it would be unfair of me to expect the focus to change just to accommodate my needs.

So I am saying goodbye, at least for now.

I deeply appreciate all that I have learned at SR. I am grateful to my SR family for sharing so much with me--hopes and dreams, struggles, successes and failures--and for walking this road of recovery with me. I am also especially grateful to those whose words touched me without the writer ever knowing they did.

I will always keep you in my heart and my healing thoughts. And I wish you all peace and well-being and the joy you so richly deserve.

Lyoness =^o^=
Old 04-18-2014, 02:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Lyoness - I hope this is just a goodbye for now...rather than "at least" for now.

I'll miss your introspective posts. They always challenged me to think deeply about my own situation. Please don't stay gone too long!
Old 04-18-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Take Care Lyoness!!! I hope you find what you are looking for. Everyone needs to find their own way and what works for them. We all have to live with ourselves which is not easy sometimes. I know I took drugs because I couldn't live with myself. My thoughts were consuming me and drugs were the only thing that gave me some peace. I hope you can find peace. I think you are a much stronger person than you realize or give yourself credit for. You will be welcomed back with open arms if and when you decide to come back. Take care of yourself!!!
Old 04-18-2014, 03:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Its a cold and its a broken hallelujah.

Beautiful send off.

Be well dear one. You will always be in the collective heart of SR.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

We'll be right here Lyoness.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry to see you go, but you're part of the family here Lyoness so I hope we see you again

D
Old 04-18-2014, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

We will miss you Lyonness, you take care of yourself. We will miss you.
Old 04-19-2014, 06:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Lyoness, please come back and let us know how you are doing. We all care about you. You have people all over the world rooting for you! Hugs.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

Lyoness I would like nothing more than tosee you find some peace. I hope you can get some.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

I have found in my own recovery a two pronged approach is necessary. I need to work on the underlying problems while I work on maintaining sobriety. It is a chicken and egg scenario because the two are so interrelated
Old 04-20-2014, 08:07 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Lyoness wherever your journey takes you I wish you the best! I understand what you're saying about needing something more geared towards the trauma who've been through. It's my prayer that you will find peace and exceptence and ultimate closure so that you can finally heal. I realize its not easy and takes alot of work to do that. I hope that you will meet others along the way that can help you find that peace..... never forget that you have many friends here who's lives were touched by you. Come back and visit us. We will be here waiting.

Love always!

Amy
Old 04-20-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I understand completely, it is why my own recent thread ha been bare, although in a pinch I expect I'd post my frustrations as I really (sadly) have no one to turn to in situations like this, the things in my head behind all my self abusive behaviors are not really the point of these forums per se.