Notices

How was your day? Part 5

Old 04-20-2014, 08:20 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Work in Progress

I think I'm the one Lyoness was referring to. I wasn't offended but I simply stated people don't just "make it". It's a constant struggle. It takes work. The healing is difficult. The past always sneaks up no matter how hard I try not to let it. It's work....very rewarding work. To say that people just make it sounds very misleading to me recovery is work. Again I am not and never was offended.... Just putting my view out there on this. I adore Lyoness and hope she doesn't stay away for long.

Fancy about school, I've thought about it. Maybe getting into the recovery field. I'll seriously consider it after summer. I'd like to enjoy myself a bit.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:17 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Decbaby, I really don't see all that, but maybe I'm in la la land...with all my personal problems going on right now! My landlady has been so angry about the fact we haven't moved out yet! I can't say I blame her....I'm just as annoyed and frustrated. But I think it was extremely rude and extreme of her to take a knife and cut our cable wire then later putting a pass code on our wifi! Especially, when we pay for those services in our utilities payments. My husband got an earful from me on Friday when he came home from work. Not because its his fault but because he is the only one who can convince her to get a grip....she didn't listen to me saying that she can't understand what I'm saying.

So sorry to toss bad news out on this beautiful Easter morning! The good news is everything is reconnected and she gave my husband the password for the wifi...so everything is settled. Yesterday we met with the broker and she says everything is done and she should be able to push the loan through next week. This is not the first time she said that....but the seller evoked "the time of essence" so we MUST close by the 29th. Our real-estate agent is going to someone higher in the bank to get the ball rolling. Whatever happens everything will be over by April 29th. The broker said that the reason for this delay is because of the new banking laws that took effect recently. She compared it to being an educator with common core, or in the health care field with Obama care. Said what used documents used to be fine are not enough anymore, and if they except things that aren't they can be fined heavily. So they must protect themselves. I guess it was just bad timing!

Decbaby you would be awesome in the recovery field! I tell you I owe a few of my councilors my life.....it takes a special person who really understands to work in that field!

Fancy I'm glad things are good with you...how are your daughters?

Final it looks like you are keeping busy this Easter Day! I'm so glad you found something you love and works for you! Easy with the cross-fit! Lol

Mk you are doing great! It takes time to get your dopamine levels stabile. You might not feel your best for a few weeks...but that's ok! It won't be long and you WILL get your energy and happiness back!

Decbaby I agree with you about recovery.....IT'S HARD WORK!!!! I think there is a misconception out there that for some...it's easier. Not true! They may not have relapsed .....it's not because they didn't feel like it or they have less cravings! I can understand how making a statement such as that or implying that those who are doing well in their recovery ...have it easier....could be upsetting, even though decbaby you say you were not.....but I don't blame those who are. Oh, lyoness I'm not saying you were making lite of it either...not saying any one particular person did. I'm just making a general statement. I love all you guys and don't want to offend any of you! So, please don't take this personally. I already have too many people in my life angry with me right now. I can't take the stress! That is my huge trigger! But I'm happy to say I'm not leaning on substances to get through this! YAY!!!!
Old 04-20-2014, 09:35 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

One more thing I didn't make clear is that recovery is an ongoing battle....it's never ending...unfortunately. At least that's my perception of it! I thought I "made it" last time, which was why I thought I could take a few pills here and there.....bad idea! That type of thinking lead me right back to every day use and active addiction!
Old 04-20-2014, 12:41 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

I've been sober a few months now and I'm working real hard at staying that way. I know what kind of hell I was in and I don't want to go back. I forget which thread it was but I read somewhere this morning where someone posted about spiritual maintenance. I think he/she was dead on. I've already been coming here frequently and going to meetings. I also went to church this morning, Easter Sunday. I hadn't been in years but my neighbors invited me to go with them and I did. I walked out of there with my spirit reinvigorated. I know I need to continue to rid my spirit of this malady and keep it at bay. The stronger my spirit is the easier this will be.
Old 04-20-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

That is so true dsober! I know that for me while I was actively using spirituality was far down on my list, if not nonexistent. But as soon as I began my recovery I leaned on God a lot! I was misserable and prayed constantly to him to get me through. He answered my prayers and helped me through! Now, He is in my heart and mind daily. I'm sure that if I didn't become closer to Him I couldn't survive! I would be struggling!

I'm so happy that you found the spirituality that you needed today. Happy Easter to you!
Old 04-20-2014, 03:40 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Happy Easter…just wanted to pick your brain on a topic.

One of my friends whose daughter is in the same class said the teacher told her that my daughter ONLY wants to play with her daughter, and when her daughter is not there she sits alone and doesn't want to play with anyone else. Why is this bothering????? Why am I bothered that the teacher told her this? This mom is Russian (nothing against that) however there is lang difference, and things come across harsher than usual and we have this competitive edge between us (I feel) about our girls.

Do I write a note in daughters agenda about this? Do I even mention it? And I looking for a problem? Is this just stupid that I am bothered by this??? I just don't think the teacher should ever talk to other moms about other kids…as I am teacher and I know that is the correct way.

I also notice my daughter doing the annoying, 'your my friend, your not my friend etc' and I don't deal well with that even though I know it is common amongst girls. I wanted to address that as well with the teacher since she can easily stop that nonsense.

Just wanted some thoughts. Since I am only 18 days into recovery this time around I am raw and vulnerable so this may just be my ego getting hurt by something petty.

Thanks.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:45 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cleaninLI View Post
I'm so happy that you found the spirituality that you needed today. Happy Easter to you!
So am I cleaninLI, so am I. I had been talking with one of my neighbors' friends from church a couple of days ago and after relating my current circumstances he suggested that perhaps this Easter Sunday could mark my resurrection. Although I've never been very spiritual either (see: http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...where-god.html) I have been seeking my Higher Power the last few weeks, out of necessity.

I'm going with the idea so strongly that I was one of two people (only saw one other from back of room) that stood up towards the end of the service to identify myself as wanting to be accepted into Christ's community. Needless to say, it was a very emotional experience for myself and, I found out afterwards, the guy I had been talking to a couple days ago who happened to be sitting next to me. As long as it's working for me, I'm going with the flow.
Old 04-20-2014, 04:58 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by finaltime View Post
Happy Easter yourself finaltime and same to everyone!

Ok, here's what your picker's finding in mine I think we addicts, especially those still active or in early recovery, tend to be an overly sensitive, reactive and defensive bunch.

If it was me, I'd try take a deep breath (maybe a few more than one), before reacting to this with anyone directly involved. I think it's great you want to discuss it here, or a meetings for instance but I think it might not be best to discuss it, at least not yet, with your daughter's teacher or your friend. Again, if it was me, I think I might ask my daughter how she feels but only carefully and after letting my reactive emotions settle first.

All of the above is of course IMHO.
Old 04-20-2014, 09:53 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

One more thing I didn't make clear is that recovery is an ongoing battle....it's never ending...unfortunately. At least that's my perception of it! I thought I "made it" last time, which was why I thought I could take a few pills here and there.....bad idea! That type of thinking lead me right back to every day use and active addiction!
Yea, I cant honestly say "I made it". I will be in recovery for the rest of my life. With myself, im only one pill away from full blown addiction all over again. Im coming up on a year May 6, but could end it all in one night with one pill. So no, I have not "made it".
Old 04-21-2014, 02:16 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

One of my friends whose daughter is in the same class said the teacher told her that my daughter ONLY wants to play with her daughter, and when her daughter is not there she sits alone and doesn't want to play with anyone else. Why is this bothering????? Why am I bothered that the teacher told her this? This mom is Russian (nothing against that) however there is lang difference, and things come across harsher than usual and we have this competitive edge between us (I feel) about our girls.

Do I write a note in daughters agenda about this? Do I even mention it? And I looking for a problem? Is this just stupid that I am bothered by this??? I just don't think the teacher should ever talk to other moms about other kids…as I am teacher and I know that is the correct way.

I also notice my daughter doing the annoying, 'your my friend, your not my friend etc' and I don't deal well with that even though I know it is common amongst girls. I wanted to address that as well with the teacher since she can easily stop that nonsense.

Just wanted some thoughts. Since I am only 18 days into recovery this time around I am raw and vulnerable so this may just be my ego getting hurt by something petty.

Thanks.
Hi finaltime! I'm glad you had a Happy Easter!

I think you are right to be annoyed with the teacher, because it was inappropriate for her to talk about your daughter to another parent. Being a teacher yourself you know that, but I'm not sure if there is a cultural difference, what's not exceptable for us might be for them?

Yes, that type of behavior is very common for your daughter's age group. Good thing they grow out of it.
Old 04-21-2014, 02:44 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Thanks.
I am awfully careful to assume anything any more. Who knows if that what the teacher really said! Perhaps, you could ask the teacher how your child is behaving socially and if there are issues you need to be concerned with. And take it from there!!

Just my 2 cents.

Good luck on your recovery.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:09 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Good morning, good one for today.

One positive for today is I have
been wearing this poncho for over a year when I ride my scooter in the
rain. I could never figure out how to keep the hat on, so my face has
always got wet. A few times I put the string in my mouth to hold the hat
on, since it only comes with one string??? I never could pay enough
attention to how to properly put on the stupid poncho. Meanwhile all these
other locals are going buy, faces dry.

Well today I have brain cells and realized there is a button ha ha ha...... oh
to have a brain again.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:10 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Love me know and clean, thanks! My head is all over the place so going to keep quiet. Had a tiff with my boss today and the x came over first thing this morning smelling like booze wanting to be together. WEIRD> set my day off on crazy stretch…but sober today...
Old 04-21-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Love me know and clean, thanks! My head is all over the place so going to keep quiet. Had a tiff with my boss today and the x came over first thing this morning smelling like booze wanting to be together. WEIRD> set my day off on crazy stretch…but sober today...

We get to restart our day anytime we want. I started mine over twice already.... lol

Have a wonderful sober day.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:29 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I love your tag line LoveMeNow. Tough but true.

Recovery is tough but has to be done. In the long run, it's a lot easier than not recovering.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:30 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

well today i have brain cells and realized there is a button ha ha ha...... Oh to have a brain again.
roflol!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:35 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

My head is all over the place so going to keep quiet. Had a tiff with my boss today and the x came over first thing this morning smelling like booze wanting to be together. WEIRD> set my day off on crazy stretch…but sober today...
Gonna happen finaltime. My daughter's. who is now living with me, is still quite active. I had to pour a half pint of cheap vodka (my last drink of choice) down the drain a couple days ago to try to maintain some semblance of sanity here. Cool thing is, the smell now repels me more than it attracts.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:40 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Dsober that's awesome what happened in church yesterday! A true blessing! It looks like God was calling you....and you excepted! There must be a reason He wants you sober.

Thanks for the link!
Old 04-21-2014, 03:45 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Yes joker that's true! But you've come very far! I remember way back when.....now look where you are today!
Old 04-21-2014, 02:07 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Dsober that's awesome what happened in church yesterday
Glad you asked clean, I've been chomping at the bit to tell, lol. The "church" can be found at: NJ Church - Christian contemporary non-denominational church in New Jersey. I was attracted by the name from the get-go because liquid is more flexible that solid. Gaseous even more so but that doesn't sound quite right somehow .

The service I attended was in the ball room of a big hotel. My guess is there were about 500 people there. That's why I quoted "church" above; it wasn't a traditional church building. As it's name implies it didn't strike me as a traditional church either. It struck me as... more flexible. I've struggled with the God concept all my life, so that's right up my alley.

It was fun! And inspiring, now that addiction has brought me to my knees and opened my eyes, mind and heart. Near the end of the service, the pastor, shown in the link above, invited anyone who wanted to be welcomed into the community of Christ to stand up and be recognized. I was already teared up at this point and slowly rose after a couple seconds. I was near the back of the room and saw one other guy, closer up front, do the same. I was told later I was first, lol.

My neighbor, who brought me there, took me up front to meet someone who asked me a few questions and then had the three of us hold hands and bow our heads. He then led us in a short prayer personalized to my answers to his questions. I didn't see that coming; it was trey cool!

Oh yeah, and I got a small bag full of goodies including a free T-shirt and actually readable (modern language) bible out of the deal, lol.

Sorry about the length of this but you did ask