Notices

Human again

Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Human again

About 27 ish days no pills and I finally feel human. at max i was around 80 mg a day oxycodone ( not cotin) and hydro together.

It was a battle and knowing that the way to feel better is just a hand full of pills made it even harder.

They did put me on prozack so maybe that is why I feel like (almost) a normal person again.

I experienced some P.A.W.S like my back gave out and listen to this. I went for a deep tissue massage, the kind that hurt. well that deep tissue massage unlocks a bunch of toxins that are in the muscles. I drank gallons of gatorade and water and soaked in epsom salt bath. The next couple of days after that is when I was becoming normal.

Getting all them toxins out of the muscles really helped, so I went back the following week ( just in case anything was still hanging around in there)

If you are going to try and stop opiates. Se a Dr, try to do it with out suboxone , I did. They gave me comfort meds and was allowed to sleep through the first 3 days ( hardest part)

Then about 2 weeks into it get a deep tissue massage and a body clenser and some antioxidants and health food.

I am finally free from it.

I am a happy man today and playing with my lil girl in the back yard without any drugs in me.

The Dr said 3-4 months before my brain gets back to 100%, but I feel at 85% now and I can be happy as a lark like this.

to think it just started with vickoden for a small foot pain and made its way to the little blue oxy in just 3 months is crazy. I was one of them ppl that thought I was immune to what they said would happen. the whole run was less than a year but you have to pay for that. I paid my dues and I am free.

Thought I'd share.

Gawd I am so glad I made it, there were times I felt so bad and unhappy and depressed and bad thoughts. the works. You have to just do it if you want to do it.

Suboxone will just get you hooked on another drug. The Addiction Dr told me the drug(sub) works great, it's getting the people off of it is a very hard thing to do.So I decided not to do it and am glad I did.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:08 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad to hear you're doing well MM

D
Old 02-26-2013, 02:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats. That really is great to hear. We do not have this Oxy in the UK n I'm really glad as it seems like there is a huge problem with it n addiction in the US. It's great that you have best it. Exercise will help you as it will release endorphins. Laughing n eating foots high in omega3, vitamin B6, b12. Things like fish, salmon, broccoli, almonds. Sweet foods like chocolate help but in moderation.

This is not medical advice you can research all of this on Google.

Well done.

Evey
Old 02-26-2013, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations Musicman! Very happy for you. When someone puts their mind to this it can be done. Sometimes you just have to be sick and tired of taking the drugs that aren't doing anything for you anymore.

My doc offered me Suboxone and I said no. I just didn't want to take a pill for another pill.
So glad you are feeling better!
Old 02-27-2013, 06:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Fantastic job on now 28 days. It's a great feeling to have life sucked back into you instead out of you.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

this is motivation. awesome post... i wanna be human again.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:21 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Heathen

Awesome to hear
Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

This post made my day! I am coming of a long but minor habit and i i know that feeling where you are at 50% gaining what seems to be 1-2% more each day. I am on day nine and actually feeling kind of good . I have a gift certificate to a message place and i think i might just use that today. I am so proud of you man but just don't do what i did and be like I FEEL GOOD AGAIN!!! I can totally handle a couple 215s without wanting more? WRONG! well anyways man this is so inspirational and i am happy for you
Old 03-27-2013, 05:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I'm gonna read this post everyday because you've reached where I want to reach!
Old 03-27-2013, 07:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BFD
Slowly, but surely, making it!

I love this post. I want to be here so badly. Looking forward to a post like this from myself in a few more weeks. And funny enough, I have a massage scheduled for Sunday! Now I'm really looking forward to that.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

THank you for the message. I needed to hear that it gets better. I know it does, but during the initial stages it feels hopeless.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:43 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

This is a great post!

It sounds like getting a massage is a good idea! I also think I have an unused gift certificate somewhere myself.... I will go look for it.
Peace,
M.