Notices

Music causing relapse

Old 07-07-2015, 07:10 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

welll the good part is i have a comfy desk job so its rather easy im at work now lolololol
Old 07-07-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Lol. That doesn't sound bad.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:36 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

had to work for a year in ghetto dollar general the the oppotunity came up. life pretty good now nice ride asian gf what else coulkd a man want
Old 07-07-2015, 08:01 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Lol. Yeah just take it easy man.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:39 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Decemius View Post
Hi,

I have a question and i am not sure how to go about handling this issue. Before and during my addiction to marijuana i was a big Hip Hop fan. Frequently i could release stress by blasting some good tunes. Hip Hop became part of my personality.

When i was addicted to marijuana i had steady routines, listening to music and mostly Hip Hop while i was smoking and crafting one. Slowly but surely Hip Hop music and marijuana became as one to me.

I quit smoking marijuana twice, first time i succeeded for 8 months, during this time i did not listen to Hip Hop until the final few weeks. I knew it was bad for me. I partially blame the relapse i had to the associations i make between Hip Hop and marijuana.

I remember when i was close to relapsing, the music i listened to reminded me exactly of all those old times, it helped me relapse. After i quit again i swore of the songs i listened to, but nowadays i find myself having trouble just listening to any Hip Hop song/beat.

Something about the music makes me want to relapse, i don't know what it is. And i don't know what to do, Hip Hop was such a big part of my life and it's gone now, will it be forever? I know that drug cravings go on a entire lifetime so i guess so.

What do you think i should do? Personally i think i should find new genres to appreciate for at least a few years until marijuana is but a distant memory.

Thanks
i dunno if this helps or not but ive come to realize music isnt as important really. i performed at concerts for over 7 years. music and creating it was my life. when i decided to put music on hold to invest in moving i got hurt and had to detox. the past year has sucked and i realize now i am to old to continue to do music by the time i get better. at first it was a shocker because i dedicated my whole life into getting good at it and knowing the ins and outs. but ir ealized its all crap, all the artists are crap, its all one huge lie. since your not a performer its not as personal its more for pleasure. id say just listen to something old and classic. usually 80s metal or hair bands if you like rock at all. i like rap and rock so try to find rap thats kinda more uplifting that has a meaning behind it or a ignorant non meaningfull dance song that just makes you wanna tap your foot or do a little wiggle here and there lol. i know ill never enjoy temples of boom like i once did thats for sure but that cd just made me lazy anyways
Old 07-08-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Yeah I like new music. All my old stuff has associations, memories or cravings with the drugs I used to use. How lucky am I that I didn't listen to the entire worlds music supply during my druggy career.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:52 PM
  # 67 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

I don't even drink caffeine anymore so I think I would be a criminal without music.
I agree with the whole balance thing Damascus.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:55 PM
  # 68 (permalink)  

i dont think music causes relapse to some extent its just a excuse to relapse...
if it changes your behavior then i guess it could.
does playing a violent vidoe game amke u wanna go kill someone?
early in rehab they taught us a major problem is reacting to outside things dont let anything control you.
Old 07-08-2015, 08:33 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

I've had severe cravings from music man (especially after I relapsed on the hard ****). It wasn't until after I went through treatment and got COMPLETELY clean that I was able to actually enjoy it again. (I had to stop listening to music for months at a point). I just do what I gotta do.. Turns out my body has restrictions these days.
And what do you mean? You're the one who wrote the thread.

And no a video game is a video game. You try going completely without your favourite music for a week or more and walking the streets and see how angry you get in the end.
Old 07-08-2015, 10:13 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

And you got bigger balls than me man. I don't got the guts to get a girlfriend right now.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:18 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

i didnt start the thread bro?
Old 07-09-2015, 01:29 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

i agree being completly clean is the only way to go otherwise were just subsituting one drug for another. music is much better clean.

lol it was a guy with a similiar name that strated the thread. If i ever relapse it was cuz i made a consious decision and im a ******* that doesnt care about anoyone but himself.

As for the girlfirnd its been a struggle stuggled in and out of relationships for a year, got cheated on a few times even with fellow members at NA. now ive been with my current gf for like a year living together the whole works. its crazy lol
Old 07-09-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Yeah I've got stalkers too... And I'm not the hungry one lol.
Old 07-09-2015, 03:52 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  

well after a year or two of being alone i gave it a try. god worked it out for me
stalkers n haters are everywhere though
Old 07-09-2015, 04:26 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Good to know I'm not the only one. No clue how famous people deal with paparazzi.
Old 07-09-2015, 05:26 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

i kinda feel like the younger you get clena and the more succesful you are the less peopel are gonna be happy for you.

i had to take my number off the phone list at my home group a few
years ago. kept getting call sat 2 am saying hey u want this drug or that one
i didnt have a phone my first 4-5 months so it wants a "old drug buddy" it was someone from there. sucks but true
Old 07-09-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

Lol I don't really believe in God anymore. I believe in myself.
& I never really got into meetings too too much. I was more into *****.
I just kicked a 3 year Benzo habit so I'm looking forward to next year. I'm a bit "behind" I guess you can say.
And I cut out my drug dealers years ago. I've burnt so much bridges in this city that copping drugs is next to impossible now. I love it.
Anyways man. I'm gonna take off. (I'm not all about this "underground" writing anymore). Sia.
Old 07-09-2015, 07:07 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

oh well i only count the time i stopped using all drugs. later
Old 07-09-2015, 11:41 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
All it takes is one try.

I am clean from all drugs
I mean what am I supposed to say? That I haven't been this clean in seven years. You should go be a politician.

(I ain't gonna waste my time writing forever). It ain't an easy job. Oh wait... I forgot... It's not my job.

Last edited by Dee74; 07-11-2015 at 04:40 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:29 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

lmao good luck staying clean brother best wishes!