Notices

Stolen Pan meds - what would you do?

Old 04-08-2012, 04:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stolen Pan meds - what would you do?

OK, So I had to drive several hundred miles to get a dear family member to the ER because the rest of his LOCAL f'ed up @szwipe redneck immediate family never bothered to get him the ER while he was having congestive heart failure.
Well, who can blame a bunch of rednecks who are chomping at the bit to collect a sizable inheritance?
So, I make the mistake of leaving my overnight bad unattended at his house. A day and a half later I look into my bag because my back pain got the breaking point (countless hours of sitting in cr@ppy plastic hospital chairs, driving for hours, etc...

So I look in my bag and someone in the family decided to steal what little I had for an emergency...
Being that this is my wife's family... I couldn't break out my conceal carry and start makin people talk (OK, that a joke...sorta....).
I don't tell my wife because that would have sent her over the edge....

What would you have done?

BTW, YES I WAS STUPID for leaving my overnight bag at his parents house.... But little did I know it was being frequented by extended family while we were at the ER...... THOSE MF's!!!!!!!
Old 04-08-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dude.

I would have called the paramedics from my house several hundred miles away.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry this happened but I'm not sure what you can do Ivan - no ones likely to own up are they?

D
Old 04-08-2012, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sorry IvanKatz about the results of the acts of kindness of your part. My response to your question is Take the high road. Keep quiet about the whole fiasco and don't make the mistake of leaving anything that is not attached to your body when in their presence. You can't change things and your wife would only be upset because she can't change the situation either.

Hopefully you do not have to spend a lot of time with these people. You are a good man Charlie Brown and although it would give you a moment's pleasure to let go of the anger you are feeling toward whoever did this, it will only cause you grief afterward. Hope the back is feeling better.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:27 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

It's a cruddy deal but I'm dealing with it... Heck., I've gone three months without meds. BUt I had a dozen of them in the event that if things go wrong and they did.
I guess when things settle down I'll tell my wife but things are to volatile right now.

I'm just sooooooooo "upset" about the whole deal. I've been fortunate enough to spend some quality time with my recliner over the past two days so I'm in great shape now.
I can get pain meds any time I want from my Pain Mgm doctor but I haven't filled a script since Dec and don't plan to either. Doing to well all the way around.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:33 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostgirl25 View Post
Sorry IvanKatz about the results of the acts of kindness of your part. My response to your question is Take the high road. Keep quiet about the whole fiasco and don't make the mistake of leaving anything that is not attached to your body when in their presence. You can't change things and your wife would only be upset because she can't change the situation either.

Hopefully you do not have to spend a lot of time with these people. You are a good man Charlie Brown and although it would give you a moment's pleasure to let go of the anger you are feeling toward whoever did this, it will only cause you grief afterward. Hope the back is feeling better.
Oh yeah, I've been the calm one in this whole deal and running defense between my bride and her family. I cannot express how important she is to me and how she has always been there for me. Being there for her is not even something to consider - but rather done WITHOUT question!
My wife is the type who is educated, strong, and self made. You see, Her father raised her that way. The only thing she wants from her dad is his love and what's in his heart. The rest of the family wants what he has in his accounts....
If you met the man, you wouldn't think he had a pot to pee in.... Just the reverse! He's loaded in property and utility/oil stocks.
I'd just assume burn it all in front of everyone at the funeral when it happens.
Old 04-09-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Ivan this happened to me or my son. I didnt turn it in but was pissed. He had surgery on his foot and they scraped some bone out..very painful and one of his friends stole his pain meds...oxys. i didnt report but was freaked the heck out that someone would OD. Stupid kids. Luckily my son didnt need those and we had some norco.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

DING DING DING!!!!!!!!!!! We have a winner folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Discovered who the family member was!!!!!!!!! Hmmmm....... How did I find out? Because my wife received a phone call today about a certain other family member having to transported to the ER by ambulance because he passed out at work....
Light weight b@st@rd! That'll teach thus wuss to take 20+ mg of Oxymorphone (3x harder than oxy).... Punk is only 175lbs!
Of course he's OK ....Now..... But he had to explain to the cops why his tox screen tested positive for opiods : )

So. now do I spill the beans and explain where he got the meds from before he does?
As one of my favorite lines goes from Montey Python's "Holy Grail" John Cleese... " I flap my genitals in your general direction"- in a french accent!
Sorry - just couldn't resist that one!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I Am Burning ; I Will Rise

@Ivan I had posted a response on here, not sure what happened to it. But I've been that guy who stole drugs from family and friends...it's a disgusting and shameful feeling. One I still feel to this day. It's too bad this in law had to find out the consequences the hard way. At most, I would bring it up to your wife that you realized they were missing then, but didn't want to cause any drama. I wouldn't run to the cops and call him out, he already made it clear that he's an idiot. I've had experience with Oxymorphone, and no, it isn't for lightweights....hopefully he will just come clean and admit where he got them from knowing that it's going to come to light now anyway. The least he can do is man up now. Good luck with everything. Sorry that even happened to you.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:42 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

THANKS STOPD&B!
My wife asked me this morning if I knew anything about this and I told her exactly that!
That I knew my emergency backups went missing. She then got almost hysterically mad - but not at me. I explained that I didn't want to cause more damage than had already been done by all the drama of the day. When she finally calmed down, I explained it would be wise to drop it completely as her family member will have to deal with the consequences. Of course I could contact the local sherif's office and explain what happened... But that would just throw a tanker of nitro glycerin on a forest fire.
We are headed back up this Friday to spend a few days up there to make sure he gets to his cardiologist appointments, etc - also mow his law, get him groceries, cook, clean, etc.
Wanna bet that family member won't be around?

I did have my quarterly Doctor's visit today and told him what happened. I could tell he wanted to laugh behind his legit concern (I had to explain in the most comedic way possible of course). He set me up with a script for a dozen pain meds as a backup. He wanted to write more but I told him no and that I would contact him if needed.