Notices

Hen House Talk with All Our Friends - part 26

Old 04-04-2012, 08:09 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

I wish we could all meet up and go to the zoo. that would be very very healing for me, for sure. i am fascinated by the monkeys, as they think about stuff. like poop.

((Lenina)) my solomon has ibd. he takes prednasalone, and i give him b12 shots. i have a bottle of b12 that a friend sent me when her kitty passed from kidney failure. i give him a shot weekly. i hear that they are finding it to be very good for ibd. guess that is pretty much like ibs, only more serious? i surely wish you could take a long vacation to an island, resting and not thinking of anything negative at all. you are our darling and we want you better. love ya...

(((amy))) I am proud of you too. i can see such a difference in you. just over the last few weeks. you are letting go and i see so much health in that. dont worry about the funk. as Lenina said, the whole world is in a funk right now. it will pass. i like Meatball Motts too. so cute. give them hugs, and you have a good trip. i know you will send us some messages, by phone. i just love your auto correct names! so funny. anyway, i just wanted to join in on being proud of you.

(((tb)))hope you had a nice celebrating day. some cake maybe? some nice hugs? if not, or even if so, i am sending one. ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TB)))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))
Old 04-04-2012, 08:10 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

((((med))) Is your mom on a gluten free diet? I was for a while when the IBS was very bad. In fact, at one point I was only allowed rice, potato with no skin, yams and a few things. no dairy, no fat, very little fiber, no fruits but banana. Plain yogurt. yuck. and I got some steroid shot. I had to be rehydrated with an IV. I was skin and bones. Crohns was ruled out. I swear, I had half of LA's GI doctors rummaging around! LOL It's never been that bad again but now that you mention it, it was in April. Hmmm. I have a generic librax and lomotil. I've been on Bentyl and Levsin but the side effects are too bad.

Now I'm wondering if it's a bug spray or pollen? I do think it's triggered by stress. I could stand to lose some weight but this is not the way! LOL And I never want to get under 110 lbs.

now that I'm good and paranoid, I'm watching Doomsday Preppers. LOL

Much love!

Lenina
Old 04-04-2012, 08:28 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Meatboll Mots and Elvis have been given snuggles from their aunties and uncles. Patches just wants to go outside but so far hasn't started scratching the wood by the door. She was working on her tan, out on the driveway, earlier and every time I'd walk out there, she'd roll over on her back and streeeeetttttttcccccchhhhhhh and wanted her belly rubbed.

(((Med))) - I think I need to find some worry beads, but I would probably wear them out before this semester ends. I keep adding things to my list, more of stuff to DO than take. One thing about not having a whole lot of clothes, is it's easy to pack

(((Lenina))) - I got the brat the book about "what to expect when you're expecting", she read it for a day or so and now it's just laying around. If she asks me something, or for something, I'll consider it, but otherwise, I'm just letting her do her thing.

(((cangel))) - trust me, my energy level is actually pretty low, but I guess I'm using the "muscles" in my brain. My dad was called to jury duty once..it was a divorce case. The one lawyer asked him if he, or anyone he knew, had been through a divorce and he said "not me, but my BIL was thoroughly ****ed in HIS divorce". Needless to say, they didn't choose him

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-04-2012, 08:29 PM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Yep, a meet and greet at the zoo!!!!!!!! I would love to go to the San Diego zoo. It's warm and sunny but hopefully not too humid.

Lenina, my mom's been checked for sprue which is celiac disease, the inability to digest any gluten and she was neg for it. The years back in the 80
s when she spent every spring in Daytona she never had this IBS but here in Pollen country it hits her. She takes bentyl as needed and she also noticed that when she was on estrogen she didn't have it too bad but post estrogen it's gotten to be hateful.
I get body aches in the spring, it's like feeling achy in every single joint and feeling the need to just get in the bed with heating pads and taking ibuprofen. It's part of the spring hell, it's beautiful outside but it's also deadly out there. And this year it was not gradual, it just popped. One week it's 32 and the next 90 and we have the flowering spring festivals here and it's due around the 15th of the month, ha the blooms have already bloomed and fallen off. I can't think of whatever else mom takes but she sees the same wonderful GI doc and has her scopes done I guess we need to move to MIami every spring.
Old 04-04-2012, 09:10 PM
  # 485 (permalink)  

((TB)) Congratulations!!!!! Way to go and keep going.......

Sorry to be the last guy on the bus here but really a great accomplishment.

((Amy)) About the jury duty...I have a big target on my forehead that say "pick me". Maybe I can find a way to rub it off....it is really a big responsibility. As for your energy level.....well I challenge anyone here to disagree with me...you are an inspiration!

I really need to work on the picture post thing....have a great shot of Dante in a paperbag that is one of those....Awwww.... kitty moments. My goal for the next week is to work that all out.

I just love the HH......just sayin.....
Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 PM
  # 486 (permalink)  

(((cangel2)))). Oh jury duty! I used toget called probably every 16 months or so. Here they can make you go to any area court, from Malibu to Van Nuys! No excuses. I've done jury time in just about every court here. Now, the rule is one day or one trial. Big improvement.

One time the lawyers asked us if we could listen to all the evidence and be fair. This one little lady said she most certainly could. lawyer asks how can she be so sure. She says "If he's in so much trouble he needs a jury, he's guilty!". LOL. She got to go home while the rest of us were sorry we didn't think of it.

Hope everyone gets a good night sleep. I've got the FuzzyB on his chill-laxing pillow and Hubs in the other room watching his programs. I've got a stack of reading to catch up on and hope my tummy settles.

much love to all my hens and roosters!

lenina
Old 04-04-2012, 09:59 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  

I know I'm walking in late to the party, but I am a huge animal lover and can't resist joining in with some of my own tales (Well, that, and the fact I'm stalking Amy cuz she's my new BFF (she just don't know it yet)

I didn't mean to scare you away from cats on farms, Chicory, most barn cats are very happy. My sister has many barn cats and they are fed with a self-feeder and self-waterer (electric so as not to freeze in winter). They mouse and are fat and sassy, and spayed and neutered as well.

The odd farm has barn cats to mouse and other than that , they're Ferrel. They have continuous litters and no one cares how many live or die. I got Goober Baby because she tried (I think) to follow Mama Kitty through a blizzard into the pasture. I heard the meowing from the house when I let the dog out and went looking. I finally found her half frozen, half starved pushed up against a fence covered with snow. I got her just in time, shoved her in my coat and ran back with her as fast as I could. She 'defrosted' in heated towels and I got her to lap some warm milk/water/sugar mixture. She was about 4 weeks at the time. My son has her now and she has become very comfortable in the house. She has no toes, one claw that sticks out from the middle of one front foot and one really bad foot that has only a little bit of pad - almost as though her leg ends at the ankle. She also has no ears. BUT, she is happy and playful and snuggles and is the most loved cat you have ever seen! My son was teasing me about how funny looking she is and I said "She's as cute as the Gerber Baby" He got me right back with "well, maybe the Goober Baby" And Goober Baby she's been ever since!

One farm I work at has a microwave in the heated 'cat feeding area' of the barn just to warm up milk for the ones who are being weaned. This is actually the same farm that has the 'broken rooster' I told you about.

We are under a 'Severe Winter Storm Warning' starting tonight with snow and expecting anywhere up to 25cm by tomorrow afternoon.

I love Zoo's and would love to see the San Diego Zoo. I took my kids many times to the city Zoo here, and we all loved it every time.

Congrats on 8 years!! WOW!! I will have 3 years clean of oxy coming up here real soon.

I'm off to work on Friday on a farm, I just hope the roads are drivable by then.

Love to all...Ruby...
Old 04-05-2012, 01:25 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Here is a picture of a chipmunk I was feeding a marshmellow to while camping. It was so cute.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 04-05-2012, 04:38 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

Thanks for all the well wishes. These last eight years have been one heck of a ride and you all have been so much instrumental in my recovery!

Thank you again my friends xxxx
TB
Old 04-05-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 490 (permalink)  

Thank you Ruby.
my neighbor called, he has another cat in the trap.
not one of mine, they are in porch. not sugarbear.
probably the hungry pregant momma i saw the last few days,
hanging around. i am gonna go get it, and probably turn it loose up several streets. she came from somewhere around here. there just isnt a good alternative to anything.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 491 (permalink)  

BARN CAT PROGRAM - You May Be a Homeless Cat's Last Chance! (Cinci area)

Date: 2012-03-08, 2:10PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

Cincinnati cat rescue group looking for barn or outdoor homes for cats!

If you have a barn or stable, you can help save a cat (or 2)! (And take care of your rodent issues!) Sometimes we rescue cats that cannot live as house pets. These cats may be shy or fearful of people and most prefer the company of other cats and animals.

Barn or outdoor placement is the last chance at life for this category of cats. Without barn adopters they have nowhere else to go. If you have a working barn or safe, heated outbuilding, there are cats that need you! Having barn cats will help keep down the rodent population. The cats will be helping you, while you provide them a safe place to live. These cats don't deserve to die simply because they can't go into a home environment. They're often former street cats used to outdoor life, preferring minimal human contact -- but would happily tend to your mouse, mole, chipmunk or vermin problems for the very small cost of a bowl of cat food and clean water daily and safe shelter in your barn or shed or garage.

WHAT YOU GET: Barn cats are spayed or neutered, and vaccinated. When you adopt a barn cat, we will go over with you how to acclimate your new cat to its new barn home. And you can be assured that they won't be providing endless litters of kittens!
WHAT YOU PROVIDE: Shelter in a barn, stable, garage, or outbuilding, daily food & water -- (cats can't live on mousing alone), future veterinary care if needed -- and a second chance at life!
COST: Daily food & water; there is no adoption fee, although we graciously accept donations to help us continue to provide life-saving services to other kitties in need.
THE PROCESS: Our barn cat(s) would be delivered to your location; if you don't have an enclosed space, we'll loan a temporary crate setup for the cat(s) to live in for 1 -- 2 weeks to help them acclimate to their new life without the danger of having them run away in search of their former home. You will need to feed & water and clean their litter pan daily during this initial confinement period. Afterwards, the cats will accept their new home and can be released. You'll need to continue to provide daily food & water and allow them access to shelter.

Sound good? If you meet these basic requirements and could use a good barn cat (and save a life in the process), please email us or contact Evelyn @ 513-703-7474
these are awesome people. i really appreciate what they do. they might be able to help with some of my kitties. she is gonna call me later, in meeting now.

the kitty in my neighbors trap was a polydactyl. has big thumbs. he was so strong, and scared that he escaped as we tried to get him into the carrier. he said he will let me take the cage next time, to do what ever , with the cats. actually, it might be that he is saving his self the 10$per cat, but that doesnt matter. that cat will never go near that cage again. his little nose was bleeding from trying to get out. but he is ok, and back to his stomping grounds. poor abandoned babies.

wonder how our ((((Norty))) is? miss her checking in-hint hint.
hugs to the hh.
Old 04-05-2012, 07:32 AM
  # 492 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

Originally Posted by meditation View Post
Jay........ are there any zoos where you are? Or is it still too artic to visit them now? I bet you'd love to live on some animal sanctuary. You'd be excellent at that.
Where I am, no there's no zoo around. I'd have to drive to Madison I think to get to a zoo, pretty sure that's the closest one to me. Let's see...I've been to the Milwaukee Zoo, Brookfield Zoo, and the Lincoln Park Zoo in Chicago. That's it, they're all awesome though. I think SD Zoo would be sweet. I would love to work at an animal santuary or something, that'd be fun but that kinda things doesn't pay enough to live on when you have mortgages and car payments and all that (which maybe one day I will have in the future)...

((Chicory)) - I LOVE polydactyl cats. They're so funny and their paws are ridiculous. I see them all the time at Pet Smart in their little adoption areas. I want one. I saw a little black kitten with medium hair that was so silly looking because it had these longer tufts of fur near it's ears and around its head but the rest of the body was completely smooth and it was a polydactyl. The lady let me hold/play with it. I wanted it sooo bad, haha. I hope the Barn Cat program works out!
Old 04-05-2012, 07:35 AM
  # 493 (permalink)  

(((Ruby))) - you are too funny and I'm glad that "goober baby" is getting lots of love.

(((Chicory))) - wow, that's pretty cool. I never really thought about barn cats until ya'll mentioned it, but then I haven't been around a barn in a long time.

I still have much to do before we leave tonight, have my lists and stickie notes as I don't trust my brain to remember everything. I was looking at the stack of books for this semester..holy moly, it's about a foot high so need to find something to put them in. My computer bag isn't big enough for this laptop, but dad had given me one years ago and it seems to fit in that one. I've got a dr's appt. at 6:45 (just for refills) and our team meeting at 8.

About to go clean out my car. It gets really messy when I'm doing stores, I just throw stuff in it. Am going to see what's in my checking account as I need the oil changed too. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, but I'm good at procrastinating.

We are missing a few hens and roosters, hope they check in soon!

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-05-2012, 12:25 PM
  # 494 (permalink)  
The truth shall set you free

(((Amy))) Have a safe trip. Enjoy yourself, you deserve it.

(((Chicory))) I love your fortitude, you have a heart of gold. My home group has there anniversary celebrations last week of every month so will eat cake then. I am glad you made some sort of "peace" with your neighbor.

(((Lenina))) I think I been to the zoo once in my life time, and probably I was high as a kite to remember anything. I hope to go one day, I heard the Philadelphia zoo is real nice.

((((Med))) Sorry to hear about Hector. There are sorry as* people out there that call them self human beings when there really the devil in disguise.

(((cangel))) I hope the puppy is feeling better and I pray your son is being responsible with the pain meds.

(((TOD))) love the picture of the chipmunk. One day I will tell the story when I went camping. When I went chasing after a bear around the campground in my 4X4.

(((Jay))) I’m so happy to hear your taking steps to get this issue you had at school behind you.

(((TPA))) (((norty))) (((Ruby))) (((Joe))) (((40T))) Hugs to you all.

Have a blessed day everyone.
TB
Old 04-05-2012, 12:50 PM
  # 495 (permalink)  

We had a gorilla at the Atlanta Zoo named Willie B. He was there for 39 years, was quite famous around here and fathered 5 silverbacks? I was just reading about him, they have a lifesize statue of him at the zoo and a book has been written about him. Of course, I haven't been to the zoo since brat was a toddler. I took her to Sea World in FL when I was down there.

I've never had a polydactyl cat but I've heard they are really cool and have seen pictures. I've been calling Mots "Meatball" and he's answering. Dad says "hell, he answers to everything" but not really...Mots, MyMots and Meatball are his names.

Got the oil changed in my car, grabbed a few things from the store, got the car all cleaned up and ready to ride. We are now planning on leaving AR Sunday night, which is fine with me as it will give me more time to finish my assignments and I can listen to the stats lecture to see if she can make it make sense.

It's a bit overcast, had a few rain drops but that's about it. Dad finally HEARD me tell him that I have a dr's appt. at 6:45 then a lecture. I guess he was planning on leaving earlier, but I think it would be rude to arrive at aunt Phyllis's TOO early in the morning.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 04-05-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 496 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Amy: We are at 495 on the posts. Need a new thread before you take off on your trip.

Love ya
TOD
Old 04-05-2012, 04:51 PM
  # 497 (permalink)  

((((jay))))

I was researching the LA Zoo to see what's new since my last visit, guess what? A LOT!

Saw this section and thought you'd like to have a look.

LAIR - Los Angeles Zoo and Botanical Gardens

Unless I can wangle a discount, we won't be going. I might be able to figure something out. The weather is supposed to be good.

((((Amy))) Be careful on the road.

(((TB))) Philly has some cool stuff if you've got the time and know the area. I haven't been to its zoo but did the usual touristy stuff. Think I'm too old to survive a good ole Philly Cheesesteak but dang...can't think of a better last meal offhand! LOL The aroma is just hypnotic!

OK. I got stuff. BBL

Much love to you all!

Lenina
Old 04-05-2012, 05:18 PM
  # 498 (permalink)  

Chicory, hoping the barn cat program is the thing.
I think Amy sent me a few months ago an email on this cat heaven place but I don't think it's in the east, I believe it's in the west like cali but she took in cats and fed them it was a huge operation, i'll try to find the link but that woman is a saint.

Jay, I guess it is like art, fun jobs don't pay worth a hoot but you might live longer working a fun job.

TB sending you just nice thoughts and good wishes today.
Not that I ever send you bad stuff just you're so sweet and all I want to hug hug you.

Amy it's is seriously storming here, I mean seriously bad bad rain and floods and lightening, so be careful going west I don't see how you can avoid it, I bet Jedthro has a handle on this.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:28 PM
  # 499 (permalink)  
RIP Maria

Quick note. I'm doing crates!

Jethro is at work. He got me home from the dentist office at 2:30. JB had already called him while we were at the VADO. So much for being written in as being OFF today. LOL

It's not raining here. Just big ole white puffy clouds all day.

Love ya'll
TOD
Old 04-05-2012, 06:27 PM
  # 500 (permalink)  

Okay, about to head out but I will start the next thread and see if a mod is on to close this one. I'm sure I'll be checking, but not as often.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy