Notices

Trying to kick Vicodin

Old 08-15-2011, 03:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Trying to kick Vicodin

After many countless attempts, I find myself in another skirmish to kick my Vicodin addiction. Been using for over a year, my longest abstinence lasted 10 days before ending in relapse. Every attempt I've searched for new tools to ease the opiate sickness. Motrin, caffeine, sleep-aids, benzos - I've tried utilizing them all.

None ever conquered the lethargy and malaise like amphetamines have. This is my first time using Adderall during my withdrawals, and they have thus far helped ease the symptoms profoundly. No doubt this is an unorthodox approach, but I'm at my wits end willing to try anything.
Old 08-15-2011, 06:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If u like read my thread called finally beat lortab/narco. I kicked it very easy and I was takin 30 a day and quit cold turkey and if u would like to know how just pm me and I will give you the details on how I did it.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Day three off opiates. The amphetamines have curbed the withdrawal symptoms by 75% (a subjective estimate). This process has been a lot easier than previous attempts. I have a lot of motivation and energy to actually go out and do things. Be assured I won't become a speed addict, will be ceasing all substances within a day or two.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

purplebic - that's great! perhaps this time you'll kick the habit for good, it seems to be going well so far. I did SO many percs and dilaudid and countless other pills that ruled my life for years it's a struggle but it can be done!

good job, hope you have a great day tomorrow too
Old 08-16-2011, 11:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Clever Yak

I feel as if adderall would just prolong the withdrawl... like keep the symptoms at bay but then once you stop that you're going to go through the withdrawl anyway. I don't know, sounds a bit odd to me, but if it works, more power to you I guess. Don't become a speed addict, it sucks. I was one. The reason you have energy now is because you're taking adderall you don't necessarily need, not because its curbing the withdrawl symptoms. That's what adderall does for non ADHD people, gives them energy, hence "speed."

Keep up the cleanliness, you're doing good I think, just be really really careful... those things are highly addictive and its easier to just transition from one addiction to another rather than get clean, unfortunately. Are you getting guidance from a doctor on this? How are you getting the adderall?
Old 08-17-2011, 12:17 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I've been seeing a psychiatrist/therapist. The Adderall was left over from a previous prescription, I only had a couple left. I don't have anymore; today is my first day living all-clean, substance-free. Withdrawal symptoms are definitely rebounding. This is to be expected on the third day (during my last withdrawal, symptoms peaked on the fourth day).
Old 08-17-2011, 05:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hate this feeling. Inescapable discomfort. Mind wants to use.
Old 07-28-2015, 12:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by plumcrazy3742 View Post
If u like read my thread called finally beat lortab/narco. I kicked it very easy and I was takin 30 a day and quit cold turkey and if u would like to know how just pm me and I will give you the details on how I did it.
Howto kick narco
Old 07-29-2015, 03:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Nice to meet you Purplebic